Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Before you read this poll, did you notice that I turned my sig into a mini game?

Yes.
- 5 (41.7%)
No.
- 2 (16.7%)
WOT.
- 1 (8.3%)
I wanna play!
- 2 (16.7%)
To avoid messing up the poll, I'll be using this option.
- 2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(9/6): SUDDEN DEATH TWO POINT THREE  (Read 23118 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): Turn Zero. More loot would be nice.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 04:18:13 pm »

Walk to the hills. Use the bicycle if it doesn't rely on the Speed stat.
((I believe it should use Dexterity. Probably. Maybe.))

((Missing ATHATH.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 12:05:26 am »

Posting to watch. I've always liked these sorts of games.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 09:20:07 am »

Because ATHATH still hasn't posted an action... sooner or later I'll do the turn without him.

But for now: some statistics.
How many of each tier of item(before I get to work on the latest submission):
Mundane: 18
Decent: 20
Potent: 22
Rather Powerful: 10
Overpowered: 3
Game Changing: 2
NO DON'T YOU DARE: 2

Bad Loot: 13
Potent Cursed Loot: 9
Rather Painful Cursed Loot: 6
Overly Horrid Potent Loot: 5
Game Changing Loot, the Bad Kind: 2
NOOOOOOO!!!: 0

So as you can see, I need more: of the powerful kind of loot, and cursed loot.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 11:34:46 am »

Could you give some examples for how you classify loot? Like, just a few things on a sliding scale of sort. The categories are nice, but it would help to know exactly what you need/what someone could expect from loot of that tier.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 01:50:13 pm »

Run away, towards the nearest ant hill. Begin killing ants.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »

Could you give some examples for how you classify loot? Like, just a few things on a sliding scale of sort. The categories are nice, but it would help to know exactly what you need/what someone could expect from loot of that tier.
I'm surprised that a -1 got someone a fully functional bicycle
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 04:14:50 pm »

Yeah its stuff like that that gets me confused. I wouldn't trust that bicycle very highly.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 04:37:06 pm »

Actually 0 is mundane.

Turn later today. And hopefully I'll stop being lazy and get a turn done for SCP League out too.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2016, 04:40:18 pm »

So - how is this bike bad? What did u do to it?
I didn't do anything to it- remember, every bit of loot players receive is submitted by spectators.
Generic Arms Race.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2016, 05:00:11 pm »

I think what he's trying to say is that since a dice cannot roll a zero, the negative 1 is a result of it being 1-1=-1 rather than 1-1=0

It's a good idea to change the loot tier range in the op to -1 to 2 rather than 0 to 2 for consistency though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2016, 07:17:28 pm »

Maybe you don't quite understand the tiers system.

When you get a piece of loot, 1d6 is rolled and any modifiers are applied to that. Then, a tier is selected based on the roll, where 1 is -3, 4 is 0, and 6 is 2.
~~~
Certainly...
Mundane Items are potentially useful, potentially not. It's not a bad thing for you to get a mundane item, but their utility is limited. Weapons and minions acquired from this tier tend to have drawbacks. Let's start a chain. A mundane item: a gold bar.
Decent Loot is like that, but better, and much more useful in comparison. A gold bar that can float around and obeys your orders. Good at impacting enemies.
Potent Loot goes even further, and starts getting "WHAT IS THAT" sort of stuff. A gold bar that can fly around, obeys your orders, and is substantially faster than Decent. Plus it can explode.
Rather Powerful Loot... A steel bar that can fly(and perhaps teleport, with a cooldown) around, and obeys your orders. It's fast. It explodes(in a bigger explosion). Can think for itself, but is still your minion.
Overpowered Loot... a swarm of those. Actually, a mini-factory that produces swarms of those.
Game Changing Loot... A swarm of magical emerald spheres that each are associated with an element which they can control and generate at will, and explode in absurdly powerful explosions capable of leveling castles. They obey your orders, can teleport... self replicate... don't fight them. Really.
NO DON'T YOU DARE: A factory that produces swarms of those, only giant.

Get the idea?
~~~
Now then...

Turn One: Overkill via Goblet.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

INIT:
Alyss Beckinsworth(6+2=8)
Ira(6-6=0)
The Roach(1+6=7)
Somebody(6-6=0)
Mage Guy(5-2=3)
Grinder Baronbender(4-2=2)

Alyss' dancing shoes may make it very difficult for her to aim attacks, but the speed she gains from them allows her to dash off into the forest with metal spikes. (6+2(shoes)=8) All of a sudden she's at the edge of the arena, at the rim of the forest.

The Roach may not have magical shoes, but his natural superspeed renders him easily able to take the initiative to... to... remove his earworms. (3+6(DEX)=9) The slightest dextrous twinges against his ears are sufficient to shoot them out. Words suddenly get more understandable.

Mage Guy heads off(hills) into the hills, seeking an ant hill to stab. (6-2(SPD)=4) Soon he is in the midst of the hills... an anthill is promptly located and stabbed... Mage Guy considers his predicament. Meanwhile...

Grinder Baronbender walks a relatively short distance to the center of the arena. (2+3(STR)=5) An auto cannon is promptly ripped out of the earth and enters into his hands. The strength required, and the speed and dexterity sacrificed, to wield this thing... but it might be worth it. Plus it doesn't seem to need ammo. (gain: auto cannon.)

Somebody and Ira act at the same time, with very different objectives in mind, however.

Somebody mounts his bicycle and tries to ride it to the hills. It- just- won't- move! Accurse it! In his anger, he moves his feet the other way... and the bicycle promptly moves backwards. The dang thing only goes backwards. Dangit.

Ira(Baronbender) gets a little jealous of Grinder. So he attempts to smash the chalice into Baronbender's mouth. (4 vs. 3-3=0) That had to hurt. (6+6(STR)=12 vs. 1+3=4)
((Now normally I'm not in favor of instakills- that's why the few items that instakill are pretty far along in the tiers. But here we see a difference of 8. For damage. With a metal chalice. To the head.)) Grinder Baronbender's head has been destroyed. His chainsaw explodes into a million mites of magic power, swirling around Ira...

(1+1(Grinder Baronbender's Loot Burn)=2)(Tier: -2) Talk about useless. But at least they're not deadly. Ira finds himself holding a small baggie full of peppermints. It's loot.
~~~
Welp. Terrahex's character can be added in now with some revision.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:51:03 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): Turn One. Overkill Via Goblet.
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2016, 07:21:54 pm »

Spoiler: Alyss Beckinsworth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ira (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roach (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Somebody (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mage Guy (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2016, 07:45:59 pm »

Search the forest for some delicious loot!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2016, 08:27:04 pm »

uhh, well congrats?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2016, 09:23:05 pm »

Continue to kill ants until I reach 1,000 (ant) kills and win the game.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19