Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anvilebodice, the fort of the dragon  (Read 11073 times)

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anvilebodice, the fort of the dragon
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 02:51:22 pm »

Very impressive  :o

mgotthard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 06:52:16 pm »

Man...
Any estimate on the number of hours required to achieve this?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 01:44:01 am »

Wow. That honestly has to be the coolest thing I've seen so far in Dwarf Fortress. It's so epic!
It almost saddens me that every single merchant, soldier, and citizen can only recognize that there's a wall here and a floor tile there, and not be able to fully grasp the fact that they're living inside a massive dragon. I would be the one tourist that spends about ten minutes gawking at it before finally realizing that I'm standing in someone's way.

Omg what if that is us irl? We're like "yup there are some planets over there" and have no idea it's part of an operational sculpture of an interdimensional monster imagined by its creators to be even greater than they? WE'RE THE DWARVES IN THE DRAGON WITH MAGMA IN ITS BELLY.
Perhaps Dwarf Fortress is a protrusion of another dimension into our own, and the Dwarves are playing with us? :P
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 02:07:07 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Map Archive?

Here it is: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12609-anvilbodice

I don't know why my DF exported it only as raw ASCII, why map converter could not fit all the levels in 700K fdf-map and what the hell are those fucking rainbows on higher levels. I tried to fix all these issues but failed. Honestly, I think the map is nearly useless, it's much easier to understand the fortress design (if needed) with my Russian-language blog, Google translator is not very bad. It mixes map/card, cell/cage, trade/bargain etc, loses commas, adds hillarious "I" in the beginning of sentences instead of assumed "there", but it surprisingly correctly translates Освенцим as Auschwitz, I'm impressed. Overall, the translation is quite understandable. You may imagine an old dwarf telling this story in master Yoda's voice and manner.

For example: https://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvadim-proskurin.livejournal.com%2F878085.html

Near 500, I guess. At average it was some 3 hours daily for half-year, most of the time I was fucking around internets, occasionally glimsing at dwarven progress as they build what they're told. FPS was damned low most of the time.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 04:27:22 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Map Archive?

Here it is: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12609-anvilbodice

I don't know why my DF exported it only as raw ASCII, why map converter could not fit all the levels in 700K fdf-map and what the hell are those fucking rainbows on higher levels. I tried to fix all these issues but failed. Honestly, I think the map is nearly useless, it's much easier to understand the fortress design (if needed) with my Russian-language blog, Google translator is not very bad. It mixes map/card, cell/cage, trade/bargain etc, loses commas, adds hillarious "I" in the beginning of sentences instead of assumed "there", but it surprisingly correctly translates Освенцим as Auschwitz, I'm impressed. Overall, the translation is quite understandable. You may imagine an old dwarf telling this story in master Yoda's voice and manner.

For example: https://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvadim-proskurin.livejournal.com%2F878085.html

Near 500, I guess. At average it was some 3 hours daily for half-year, most of the time I was fucking around internets, occasionally glimsing at dwarven progress as they build what they're told. FPS was damned low most of the time.
Thanks! :)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 09:19:26 am »

Really nice. How do you plan for such big statues? Do you just use millimetre paper or some graphical software?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 01:15:23 pm »

How do you plan for such big statues? Do you just use millimetre paper or some graphical software?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 09:09:15 pm »

This really belongs in The Hall of Legends. Amazing work.  :o

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 06:41:00 pm »

+1 for excessive vomit

Holy cow that is amazing, the best megabuild I have seen, great work!

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 07:04:53 pm »

very nice and impressive! but whats the red cover underneath him, is it clay?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 09:18:05 am »

Absolutely amazing!

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 04:00:23 pm »

Holy crap that is amazing. I would love to do something like this.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 07:55:22 pm »

Impressive. Most Impressive.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 09:03:33 pm »

I applaud you.

In comparison, I can barely reach the part where I start the metal industry, let alone break through an aquifer or use magma as fuel...
Pages: 1 [2]