Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I reduce dwarven religious tendencies?  (Read 1253 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
How do I reduce dwarven religious tendencies?
« on: January 16, 2016, 11:40:04 pm »

I've been rooting around trying to find what creature tokens, personality traits or mental attributes govern: how many deities a creature worships, whether they're a dubious/faithful/etc worshipper, and how important worship is to their effectiveness.

Has anybody successfully messed with these?

Hobelhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I reduce dwarven religious tendencies?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:25:04 am »

Personality and values might be a good place to start...

IEEE8oh2dot11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:51:37 pm »

The RELIGION entity token can be used to change from a PANTHEON to a REGIONAL_FORCE, which may or may not unbug the current "Can't pray to Carl, God of Biscuits because I'm too busy praying to Almighty Steve From Accounting" bug.

As for dubious/faithful worshippers, I had read that (at least in adventure mode) the more a creature prays, the higher tier of heavenly butt-touchery they achieve. I have not tested whether or not this is the case in fortress mode, but there doesn't seem to be a token that impacts how hard they pray.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:26:33 pm »

The RELIGION entity token can be used to change from a PANTHEON to a REGIONAL_FORCE, which may or may not unbug the current "Can't pray to Carl, God of Biscuits because I'm too busy praying to Almighty Steve From Accounting" bug.

As for dubious/faithful worshippers, I had read that (at least in adventure mode) the more a creature prays, the higher tier of heavenly butt-touchery they achieve. I have not tested whether or not this is the case in fortress mode, but there doesn't seem to be a token that impacts how hard they pray.
My guess would be that praying works sort of like a job that will gain exp but instead of dabbling,novice,legendary etc you have dubious and faithful.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »

Look at the "entity_default" Raw file for dwarves. Remove all religious spheres (or leave one maybe). There is also a list of values (further down the same entry). You'll see things like knowledge, commerce, peace, martial skills, nature, etc. Try to find something religious and give it a value of -30.