Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: "Kill quests" are back! And killing bandits nets you a good rep now.  (Read 5074 times)

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
Re: "Kill quests" are back! And killing bandits nets you a good rep now.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 02:16:50 pm »

I booted up a save from the earlier versions of .42 and went from a vile murderer to a legendary hero.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 04:29:44 pm »

Welp, apparently mugging bandits is still mugging, though, even though I just told them to drop their weapons. You're also "unhinged" if you kill a non-hostile prisoner - even if said prisoner is a clown.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 04:59:57 pm »

Clown... prisoner's? What the? Did goblins find a way to invade the circus, or something?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 05:57:59 pm »

I'm not entirely sure. The goblin civ was at war with the human civ, I think, and evidently someone stepped where they shouldn't have. Legends doesn't really tell me much; it just says something about the clown murdering someone, and then being imprisoned by the human civ.

Either way, it was one of the more resilient opponents I've fought, especially since the ultra-thick clothing thing is still around, but enough hits to the head and it bled out. Well, "bled."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 06:45:40 pm »

Welp, apparently mugging bandits is still mugging, though, even though I just told them to drop their weapons. You're also "unhinged" if you kill a non-hostile prisoner - even if said prisoner is a clown.

just kill them after they drop their weapons and dont tell anyone and wash off the blood in a river, it doesn't spread unless

A. A witness survives and gets offloaded
or B. You tell someone.
or c. Someone tells someone on-screen or slightly off screen.
or d. they see a body "part" (blood counts as a part)

You can get away with any perceived "crime" this way.

also bandits will obviously not like you for doing stuff to their faction. You will see other factions think the opposite.
Or were members of another faction calling you a mugger?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:51:03 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »

also bandits will obviously not like you for doing stuff to their faction. You will see other factions think the opposite.
Yes. Right after mugging a bandit, he accused me. I asked a villager watching what he thought of me, and he thought I was a great storyteller. But before I left town people were meeting me with, "I don't have anything for you" and telling me I had a reputation for murder. Then somehow that got into the nearby town, so I got to hear it from everyone.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 07:11:52 pm »

Yes. Right after mugging a bandit, he accused me. I asked a villager watching what he thought of me, and he thought I was a great storyteller. But before I left town people were meeting me with, "I don't have anything for you" and telling me I had a reputation for murder. Then somehow that got into the nearby town, so I got to hear it from everyone.
was this in 42.05?

I joined a bandit faction in this version and then I was a "brigand", left the faction, killed them all and told the local lord, I was a defender of the helpless, but he had nothing "for me" aswell. I find that interesting. It eventually went away.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:14:12 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 07:52:49 pm »

just kill them after they drop their weapons and dont tell anyone and wash off the blood in a river, it doesn't spread unless

A. A witness survives and gets offloaded
or B. You tell someone.
or c. Someone tells someone on-screen or slightly off screen.
or d. they see a body "part" (blood counts as a part)

You can get away with any perceived "crime" this way.

I think I mentioned something about demanding an item from a bandit I ended up killing and I was called a bandit or some such.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 09:49:14 pm »

was this in 42.05?
No, but I also forgot that in the town I had accidentally tried to trade with a shopkeeper without offering anything, and that was interpreted as robbery. So that would be the explanation for that.

I think I mentioned something about demanding an item from a bandit I ended up killing and I was called a bandit or some such.
It's nice to have companions do your dirty work. They're so eager to do it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 05:07:55 am »

Yeah, it would be nice if you could tell them to drop their weapons to disarm them rather than to rob them.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 02:18:50 pm »

If you want to disarm someone, do it the somewhat dwarfy way and press q so that you are not holding any weapons then remove  a shield into your hands.
now just wrestle grab their weapon with your hand, then jump into them. repeat until you've got all their weapon. NOTE: if want to disarm the truly dwarfy way, chop off the arm that's holding the weapon.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 06:31:22 pm »

Well yeah, but having the option to do it without escalation of combat level would be very fitting with the fantasy setting. "Drop your weapons and get out of here if you want to live!" as a boast/threat/escalation of yielding rather than "gimme yo stuff" robbery like it is now.

Though I did find you caa do stuff impressive enough to get bandits to yield from a distance.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 08:09:26 pm »

Scratches aren't considered escalation, even if they permanently maim and open arteries. Just scratch the motor nerves out of both hands, and they're disarmed. This should take the fight out of them completely, but even when it doesn't there's not a lot they can do. A kick to the gut or lung usually does it.

Also, it's not considered escalation if you kill someone strictly with brawling, such as if they bleed to death from a scratch or you kick their skulls in. If they don't yield or fall unconscious, then you can keep going without a murder accusation. If they bleed out after yielding or falling unconscious, then it's murder.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 09:34:14 pm »

That's not what I mean, I mean without actually having to attack someone, when you have enough of a reputation or do something impressive enough to their gang, you should be able to say "you, drop your weapons and get out of here, don't come back, etc" type stuff.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:09 pm »

That's not what I mean, I mean without actually having to attack someone, when you have enough of a reputation or do something impressive enough to their gang, you should be able to say "you, drop your weapons and get out of here, don't come back, etc" type stuff.

I think thats planned, alongside offering "quick deaths"
I am an indie game dev!
Pages: 1 [2] 3