Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update and Necromancer Faction  (Read 3391 times)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Update and Necromancer Faction
« on: January 18, 2016, 12:01:01 am »

Hey guys,

When playing adventure mode a week ago, I spoke with a Necromancer warlord who's group which he ruled controlled a Necromancer tower.

I noticed I had an option to become a performance group for his faction, but was never given the option to become an actual member of his group. (Like you can with bandits and lords etc)

I was wondering, with this most recent update have any of you re-attempted this since there were many fixes towards faction relations? Or are Necromancer groups still no longer an entity you can join, but can become a performer for?

I'd science this out myself, but I'm without a PC for a while and would really like to know!

**Edit-

Tried twice now on necro towers masters, they still won't let me join minus being a performer.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:15:05 pm by quekwoambojish »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Update and Necromancer Faction
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:40:33 am »

You can usually become a lieutenant (but that was in the 42.04 and below  just before this one) so that might have changed.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 03:34:26 am »

You can usually become a lieutenant (but that was in the 42.04 and below  just before this one) so that might have changed.

That's odd, I had the game entirely updated to last version and I was unable to even request that from the Necromancer warlord (who was the confirmed leader of this group which owned and felt unchallenged in it's hold over the tower). Like I said, I could request to become a performer for his group though...it's on my vanilla game as well.

*edit: I can become a lieut for certain groups like bandits and such in the last version, but particularly not for necros.

Also, you might be slightly misinterpreting me. I mean, I was playing the last version and this happened, I wanted to know if this current new release has fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:39:50 am by quekwoambojish »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:06:21 am »

That's odd, I had the game entirely updated to last version and I was unable to even request that from the Necromancer warlord (who was the confirmed leader of this group which owned and felt unchallenged in it's hold over the tower). Like I said, I could request to become a performer for his group though...it's on my vanilla game as well.

*edit: I can become a lieut for certain groups like bandits and such in the last version, but particularly not for necros.

Also, you might be slightly misinterpreting me. I mean, I was playing the last version and this happened, I wanted to know if this current new release has fixed it.
Oh, that's odd. I didn't have that issue in the last version myself, but I was a vampire aswell.. I can't help you, sorry (unless I'm misremembering which I might be) :(

I'll go ahead and do some !science!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:08:09 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 12:07:01 pm »

Oh, that's odd. I didn't have that issue in the last version myself, but I was a vampire aswell.. I can't help you, sorry (unless I'm misremembering which I might be) :(

I'll go ahead and do some !science!

Cool, thanks! My character was a Necromancer when I asked him, but not a night creature of any sort.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 02:22:16 pm »

Does anyone else find the idea of a traveling group of preforming Necromancers hilarious.
I wonder if they play Jazz and recite dark poetry like they're going through a goth faze in highschool.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Necromancers need to get out more
I SMELL MY NEXT ADVENTURE :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:26:26 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 02:27:23 pm »

Does anyone else find the idea of a traveling group of preforming Necromancers hilarious.
I wonder if they play Jazz and recite dark poetry like they're going through a goth faze in highschool.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Necromancers need to get out more

I could imagine them resurrecting previous musical legends, and maybe renaming said legends with an undead kinda twist.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 02:43:58 pm »

I once recruited a mixed group of vampire and necromancers to dance and play music with me.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:13:22 pm »

Hey guys, I gave it another shot and STILL I can't join Necromancer factions. Is this a bug particular to me that I should report, or are you all getting this in the updated version?

I haven't tried necros at camps, this is for tower necro masters.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:24:06 pm by quekwoambojish »

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 09:19:50 pm »

Hey guys, I gave it another shot and STILL I can't join Necromancer factions. Is this a bug particular to me that I should report, or are you all getting this in the updated version?

The only Necro Tower faction I've talked to this version is the same. I could ask to become a performer, but there was no option for joining the faction itself.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 09:21:21 pm »

The only Necro Tower faction I've talked to this version is the same. I could ask to become a performer, but there was no option for joining the faction itself.

Do you think maybe it has something to do with the apprentice position affiliated with other necros?

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 02:32:10 am »

I've installed the game on a different computer, genned a new world, and still no luck.