Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Placeholder Poll) Deathtubes vs Space Magic?

Deathtubes!
Space Magic!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Common Soldiers Union meeting room  (Read 15062 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Common Soldiers Union meeting room
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 12:01:22 am »

Note about dead player property:
Dead player property can be scavenged and used during a mission in whatever way you desire. However, unless a will exists (or if a will exists but it can't be executed) then all equipment and tokens of a dead ARM soldier are given to the team fund at the end of the mission. The team fund will make an attempt to use said tokens/equipment to pay off any debts the dead player had. The rest will be either used to give out payment for the mission out kept to pay for loans and equipment required by future missions.
Yep. We're talking about adding a will by default to anyone who joins the CSU. I don't see any conflicts. :)

That was mostly directed at Xan and Maegil worrying about debt and dropped equipment:
(Are you going to demand equipment dropped in the field recovered by someone not in the union? That might create some bad blood.)
(I'm not an  union member)
Mostly an infodump that covers everything and is aimed at everyone in the hopes of helping people worry less.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 12:51:40 pm »

I added a poll about how to handle wills. Now I'm going to work making the OP and wiki article better. As usual if want anything added, changed, removed, or want to say anything then speak up. I don't run this, I'm just the gnome.

Dubley adds his room to the Union room doubling it's size. He gets the help of anyone who offers and crafts/obtains some nice furniture to add to the room.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 12:55:03 pm »

jackson adds his room also
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »

The team fund will make an attempt to use said tokens/equipment to pay off any debts the dead player had. The rest will be either used to give out payment for the mission out kept to pay for loans and equipment required by future missions.
If you do get the equipment, will you also take any union members' debts? Will you still be eligible for team funds equipment? Or are you privatizing the profits and socializing the costs?
As I see it, the team fund already takes care of spreading the benefits from scavenged equipment around; if you add this clause you're just creating a competing team fund, and doing it in a way that can cause a split between union and non-union members for no good reason... It's not as if there are class differences justifying a union in the first place, in this case the union itself might end up introducing class strife.

On the other hand, if your problem is with the commanders and they refuse to listen to reason, then just frag the bastards and be done with it; again, there's little justification for this union if it's just going to be a passive-aggressive clique.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:24:06 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 02:31:19 pm »

If the Team Fund is a government organization, then I see the Union as a private investor group or a criminal organization. A group of people unaffiliated with the  government who are in it mostly for (sometimes mutual) profit and self governance or less strict regulations. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 02:37:07 pm »

If the Team Fund is a government organization, then I see the Union as a private investor group or a criminal organization. A group of people unaffiliated with the  government who are in it mostly for (sometimes mutual) profit and self governance or less strict regulations. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

((So... ARM's union is, in reality, a mafia.

Why I'm not impressed.))

Edit: Posting on a cellphone is horrible...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:22:48 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 02:58:32 pm »

The team fund will make an attempt to use said tokens/equipment to pay off any debts the dead player had. The rest will be either used to give out payment for the mission out kept to pay for loans and equipment required by future missions.
If you do get the equipment, will you also take any union members' debts? Will you still be eligible for team funds equipment? Or are you privatizing the profits and socializing the costs?
As I see it, the team fund already takes care of spreading the benefits from scavenged equipment around; if you add this clause you're just creating a competing team fund, and doing it in a way that can cause a split between union and non-union members for no good reason... It's not as if there are class differences justifying a union in the first place, in this case the union itself might end up introducing class strife.

On the other hand, if your problem is with the commanders and they refuse to listen to reason, then just frag the bastards and be done with it; again, there's little justification for this union if it's just going to be a passive-aggressive clique.
Ahem. Miyamoto controls the team fund. I think Pan controls the joker fund. There's nobody else who would take the debts. This does not compete with the team fund, it offers an alternative uncontrolled by Miya or the BlOps boys.

You think there aren't class differences, you follow the trial, Miya's shiny metal ass crushes at least four other agendas whenever he sits down.

Fragging the commanders is not easy, considering the fact that some can mentally block nukes. And others are seven foot gods of war with megalasers.

In England, we might also call it a union. Not sure if you're very big on those in Eagleland or Putinville or whatever~

((So... ARM's union became is, in reality, a mafia.

Why I'm not impressed.))
Comment retracted as I'm a dick.

And finally, why not just let it be there for roleplay and interesting situations? Nobody bats an eyelid at unexplained assassination attempts or furries, for gods sake.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:19:27 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 03:20:06 pm »

In England, we might also call it a union. Not sure if you're very big on those in Eagleland or Putinville or whatever~
In Soviet Russia, union is very big on you
Get it? Because Soviet Union. Eh? Eeeeehhhh?
* Parisbre56 slowly sidesteps away

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 03:43:31 pm »

That made me laugh out loud, Paris.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

So, how do you guys think we should handle the union fund? I'm in favour of it running on an honour system, you can borrow whatever you want but you have to either return it after. Including tokens.

What do you guys think the headquarters should be like? Right now it's just three bedrooms joined together with a printing press.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:23:26 pm by NAV »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »

I think you'll run into problems with people not paying their debts, and there being more demand than supply.  It should be administrated by one person, who decides when someone has taken too much to get even more, or possibly on a vote system.  If you don't institute either... can I have a membership?

As to the HQ, you totally need hot chicks laying around.  They're easily made using incubators, eggs, and napalm.

Nunzillor

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 02:39:17 pm »

A vote system will take too long, in my opinion.  I think NJW should control the fund, and allot tokens to members on a case by case basis according to each person's need.  I agree, however, that a reasonable effort should be made by the person receiving funds to repay them as soon as possible.

I believe we're working on the income issue...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 02:43:45 pm »

How about they absolutely have to pay or give back what they owe by the end of their next mission. If they refuse then they're out of the union and Dubley (or someone else) takes what they owe by force. And if they happen to not get payed for that mission I guess we can be nice and give them an extension.

Nunzillor

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 02:45:48 pm »

l'm good with that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 02:53:04 pm »

A vote system will take too long, in my opinion.  I think NJW should control the fund, and allot tokens to members on a case by case basis according to each person's need.  I agree, however, that a reasonable effort should be made by the person receiving funds to repay them as soon as possible.

I believe we're working on the income issue...
Wouldn't that create the same problem NJW (claims) he is trying to avoid? By doing that, you would be fooling yourself, perpetuating the same token dictatorship we have now? Wouldn't it be simpler to have each of you take turns being king, switching who is king every month and then have all the decision of that officer be ratified at a special biweekly meeting, requiring a simple majority for purely internal affairs but a two-third majority for people outside the Union?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12