Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 32696 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Community Fortress) 42.04
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2016, 05:54:24 pm »

Actually, if you load up the save file and go to the stocks screen, you should be able to find out what's available directly.  I used the "Play Now" option.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 05:57:11 pm »

could i get 'G'? I'll be able to play next week, so probably in the second year.

Tell you what:  if "G" is still available when year 203 begins, claim it then.  All part of the game.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »

I shall choose District F, if you please.

I think I can wait out for an the anvil from the caravans.

A pick is definitely more important initially since the logs are free.

How much for would anvils cost? and picks?

It behooves the new mayors of the districts to coordinate to at least aim to obtain 1 pick and 1 anvil each.
If District P wants 3 out of 5 picks created in a rented anvil, that yields 2 usable.

We're looking to make at least 15 picks to avail 6 picks and provide at least 1 pick to each of the current roster of 5 new mayors:
1. Gwolfski
2. Chaotic Skies (military)
3. Sanctume (self-sufficient bunker)
4. Shofet (mining, stone quarry)
5. Urdothor (farming)

This assumes the miners find copper.
Obtaining anvil would be more difficult.  But I only want an anvil to make more pick.

--
So are there the current issues?
1. There exist 1 anvil for rent at the price of 3 out 5 items "fee".
2. The price of the anvil is unknown.  Although iron anvil normally goes for 100 urist, and steel costs 300 urist for most dwarven civs.
3. There are 2 picks available:
3a. A noble with a pick is a miner, so that's a shared free resource.
3b. A founder has a pick in a stockpile, open for bidding offers.

With my gathered information,
Shofet is the likely candidate to utilize the open bidding pick since Mr Shofet plans to pursue stone quarries.
I would hope that Mr Shofet can discover sooner what mineral riches can be found in the region.
One knowledge that I would like to know is if we have iron deposits in order to make more anvils.

--

I like the coin idea.  Just stick with 500 coin stacks because it's a hassle to split the coins--I mean it needs to wait for caravan to trade split and buy back.

I suggest using non-weapon grade alloys for coins, so there are a bit more use for lead, pewter.  Maybe make those common coins of equal value = 1.
Then double price for silver of gold blend alloys: gold rose, electrum, etc = 2. 

Aluminum is the most valuable "lightest" metal, and Platinum is the valuable "densest" metal (value 40 in the raws).
Silver, iron = 10
Steel = 20
Gold = 30 (edit, oops, it's 30 not 40.
The rest ranges from from 2 to 7.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:04:51 pm by Sanctume »

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 06:17:51 pm »

Actually, if you load up the save file and go to the stocks screen, you should be able to find out what's available directly.  I used the "Play Now" option.

It tells me the number of seeds, 200? But not the type of seed, which is what I'm curious about.

Oh wait, cooking menu. Never mind then.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 06:26:38 pm »

You could also do a quick scan of the food stockpile.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 06:30:40 pm »

You could also do a quick scan of the food stockpile.

I completely didn't think of that, to be honest.

So, if I understand correctly, there is a noble with an axe and we are bargaining for picks?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 06:31:49 pm »

As to the Anvil deal, I'm open to other offers.  3:5 is my high bid, negotiation means that you offer another bid if that price is too high, and we go back and forth until we meet up somewhere in the middle of those bids.  It's also called Haggling.  A thriving economy requires such skills.  This is especially true when resources and labor are in limited supply.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:37:07 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 06:48:27 pm »

As to the Anvil deal, I'm open to other offers.  3:5 is my high bid, negotiation means that you offer another bid if that price is too high, and we go back and forth until we meet up somewhere in the middle of those bids.  It's also called Haggling.  A thriving economy requires such skills.  This is especially true when resources and labor are in limited supply.

I don't believe I'll require an anvil any time soon, I think I'll just trade for any goods I need made using one. But I do, at least for the moment, need to borrow a pickaxe and an axe. In return I'll fill a future favor of some kind.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 07:01:05 pm »

I'll use the miner noble for now, until I find some useful ores, or until I have enough supplies to make a one-time trade for weapons and armor.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 07:03:30 pm »

I set up a "Trade Deals" post in one of the "reserved" posts on the first page.  If everyone could use the color coding in the legends for their posts about trades, (like quoting a trade post then making a counter-offer in orange), I'll update it every year with the new stuff, or changes to old deals.  Think of this as an optional mini-game.  You can make and respond to deals if you want to affect the economy, or you can "hermit up" and just go it alone.  Both are just fine.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:05:36 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 07:07:56 pm »

I set up a "Trade Deals" post in one of the "reserved" posts on the first page.  If everyone could use the color coding in the legends for their posts about trades, (like quoting a trade post then making a counter-offer in orange), I'll update it every year with the new stuff, or changes to old deals.  Think of this as an optional mini-game.  You can make and respond to deals if you want to affect the economy, or you can "hermit up" and just go it alone.  Both are just fine.

Maybe you should do a requests color as well, like a "Looking for:_______"

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2016, 07:31:33 pm »

Maybe you should do a requests color as well, like a "Looking for:_______"

Good idea: Lets use teal

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 08:08:20 pm »

So how does this work. Mrs Feb is the noble miner. She can't be chosen as a founder, but her husband can?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 08:47:32 pm »

So how does this work. Mrs Feb is the noble miner. She can't be chosen as a founder, but her husband can?

Yes. If Mrs Feb ever loses the position to another dwarf later on, then she'd go be with her husband as a member of that District.  Any of Mr.& Mrs. Feb's kids would be considered a member of the District as well.  We don't have the rules for political appointments set up yet except as it comes to who can be a part of a District or not, so that's something we'll want to discuss in the future.  We'll make it part of the City Bylaws how long each elected noble can hold their position.  Titles of Nobility like Barons, Counts and Kings would, of course, be inheritable, but the rules for that inheritance are also not yet made.  Something else to decide as a group of Players, I think.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:11:13 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2016, 09:22:08 pm »

I just as soon see her loose her position. Now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24