Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 33253 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Community Fortress) 42.04
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2016, 03:43:13 pm »

Naming pattern: <Title><surname><personal name>

Titles
Mr = Any adult male married or unmarried
Mrs = An adult female, married
Miss = Any unmarried female including female children
" " (no title) = Male babies or male children (obviously unmarried.)

Surnames
  Initially, these are taken from the first name of the Paternal Grandfather on the relationship screen for all adults.  Married female Dwarves will adopt the surname of their husbands, as will all of their children. (Obviously, children who have yet to immigrate to The City are assumed to have taken this name, and will be changed accordingly when/if they do immigrate.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  However, whenever a citizen creates an artifact successfully, their surname changes to the reflect that accomplishment (As in the case of Mr and Mrs Braidedtorments.  Mr Braidedtorments created "The Braided Torments", an artifact bow, and when his surname changed, so did hers.)  Extra names won from being bad-ass are not considered surnames (ie: The Chances of Boarding" or whatever) - those stay only with that individual.

Personal Names
These are individual names that these dwarves have chosen for themselves.  While they're legally unchangeable in-game, RP in forums may have them prefer other nicknames.  Ex: "Hello, My name is Nettrot, of the Family Cilob, but my friends call me "Netty".
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:46:24 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2016, 03:49:14 pm »

Surnames

What you're saying is that this Count is effectively Attila the Hun in terms of children?

Edit: I hope for the sake of district population all the males breed that much.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:51:44 pm by Urdothor »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2016, 03:53:26 pm »

I expect that eventually, The City will be populated by a combination of Old Dwarven Families, the Artifact Families and Everyone Else.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the Dwarves that immigrate who don't have a listed paternal grandfather.  Maybe I'll just give them a Title and leave their surnames blank.  They can be the adult orphans of our little society. They'll be the dwarves unconnected to any Family, who, like the original Founders, will choose a common Family name if they're chosen to be a Founder.  Maybe they'll use the name of their District as their family name too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:02:40 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2016, 03:56:02 pm »

I expect that eventually, The City will be populated by a combination of Old Dwarven Families, the Artifact Families and Everyone Else.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the Dwarves that immigrate who don't have a listed paternal grandfather.  Maybe I'll just give them a Title and a personal name and leave their surnames blank.  They can be the adult orphans of our little society. They'll be the dwarves unconnected to any Family, who, like the original Founders, will choose a common Family name if they're chosen to be a Founder.  Maybe they'll use the name of their District as their family name too.

That reminds me, migrants are free to be used by everyone correct? So, the question is, where do they live exactly? Do the just mooch off everyone, do they live within the Founder's District? Could there be a Migrants district where they live till they're called upon?

Edit: So, since we've been divided into Districts, are we going to send a male and a female dwarf every year to fight in the Founder's District?  :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:02:00 pm by Urdothor »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2016, 04:02:22 pm »

So it would be safe to say these picks should be:

Urdothor chooses
1. Miss Sarvesh Fountaingleamed

2. Mr Braidedtreason Pickhailed
3. Mrs Braidedtreason Hammerrooms

4. Mr Mestthos Paddleglows
5. Mrs Mestthos Laboredoil -

6. Mr Lorbam Lancedstirred
7. Mrs Lorbam Blockadetwisted
+ (unpicked bonus) Lorbam Dikeankle (Dwarven Baby)

Sanctume (District 9 F)

1. Mr Ast Graverelic
2. Mrs Ast Dikecradle
(unpicked bonus) Ast Blockadebolted (child as I last checked)

3. Mr Doren Inkspear
4. Mrs Doren Wondergilt
(unpicked bonus?) Doren Chamberlashed (child or single adult male)
(unpicked bonus?) Doren Postspread (child or single adult male)

5. Miss Doren Holemine

6. Miss Lorbam Tonguetin

7. Miss Lorbam Udaredem

Extra
1. Mr Uzol Manorswamp (Founder Candidate)
(unpicked) Mrs Uzol Wringbust (spouse)
(unpicked) Uzol Socketpapers (child?)

2.Mr Deduk Beasttrumpet
3. Mrs Deduk Minereleased

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2016, 04:13:43 pm »

I expect that eventually, The City will be populated by a combination of Old Dwarven Families, the Artifact Families and Everyone Else.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the Dwarves that immigrate who don't have a listed paternal grandfather.  Maybe I'll just give them a Title and a personal name and leave their surnames blank.  They can be the adult orphans of our little society. They'll be the dwarves unconnected to any Family, who, like the original Founders, will choose a common Family name if they're chosen to be a Founder.  Maybe they'll use the name of their District as their family name too.

That reminds me, migrants are free to be used by everyone correct? So, the question is, where do they live exactly? Do the just mooch off everyone, do they live within the Founder's District? Could there be a Migrants district where they live till they're called upon?

Edit: So, since we've been divided into Districts, are we going to send a male and a female dwarf every year to fight in the Founder's District?  :P

As a common resource, they are available to build and schlep for everyone (All other skills including "lever pulling" and "feed/bury injured dwarves" being turned off), but yes, they also mooch off of everyone and freely mingle in all of the various meeting places they're not specifically excluded from.  This means, of course, that if no-one decides to set up "worker housing" or even "public emergency bunkers" in one of the Districts, that these guys are liable to be butchered by the first were-creature or goblin/elvish army to attack.  However you guys want to play the game is fine with me.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2016, 04:17:38 pm »

As a common resource, they are available to build and schlep for everyone (All other skills including "lever pulling" and "feed/bury injured dwarves" being turned off), but yes, they also mooch off of everyone and freely mingle in all of the various meeting places they're not specifically excluded from.  This means, of course, that if no-one decides to set up "worker housing" or even "public emergency bunkers" in one of the Districts, that these guys are liable to be butchered by the first were-creature or goblin/elvish army to attack.  However you guys want to play the game is fine with me.

I might set up a big dorm style thing in the lower levels, since I need my soil levels. I should have an abundance of food, so it'll be alright I think.

The edit was a heavy-handed reference to a recent thing

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2016, 04:24:32 pm »

I might set up a big dorm style thing in the lower levels, since I need my soil levels. I should have an abundance of food, so it'll be alright I think.

The edit was a heavy-handed reference to a recent thing

Interestingly enough, whomever chooses a Noble as one of their Founder will probably have to satisfy them with their room requirements, but might be statistically exempt from satisfying their demands, since odds are that the hammerer will "punish" a random person from another District if the demand is ignored.  Of course, with Mayoral elections depending on who in the City is the most popular, I expect it'll probably be an unclaimed Dwarf who gets it the first time around, unless a District specifically attempts to make one candidate VERY popular somehow... 

However, if that noble loses their position for some reason, then the rooms might be able to be rented to the District that gains that title of nobility, (since all nobles are going to be "free range".)  That might be a source of income for Districts who choose to do something like that.  Also, nobles from one District might choose to marry a Dwarf from another District by meeting them as a noble, which could eventually result in a multi-District interconnected family.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:49:32 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2016, 04:46:37 pm »

Since nobles and migrants are free range, I predict that the first mayor just may stay mayor since they'll have a lot of exposure to a lot of dwarves.

I believe would like to make an adjustment to my dwarf choices. The Lorbham baby is just a bonus since the child follows family, correct? So I would like to trade out Mr Doren, who would actually be my 7th, for Mrs Mestthos.

So, there was an offer for a free tree to be cut down correct...? Dunno what color to go with for this so, green?
I accept the offer given and would like the north-western most olive tree cut down (Will I do this myself during game-play?)

I would like to counter the offer for the pick, but I would instead like to briefly rent it, and then allow the Lemducim District to purchase it. My offer is 45% off all products produced for a period of 3 years, starting at any point chosen by the Founder's District.

I also recede my previous request for seeds.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2016, 04:54:43 pm »

Since nobles and migrants are free range, I predict that the first mayor just may stay mayor since they'll have a lot of exposure to a lot of dwarves.

I believe would like to make an adjustment to my dwarf choices. The Lorbham baby is just a bonus since the child follows family, correct? So I would like to trade out Mr Doren, who would actually be my 7th, for Mrs Mestthos.

So, there was an offer for a free tree to be cut down correct...? Dunno what color to go with for this so, green?
I accept the offer given and would like the north-western most olive tree cut down (Will I do this myself during game-play?)

I would like to counter the offer for the pick, but I would instead like to briefly rent it, and then allow the Lemducim District to purchase it. My offer is 45% off all products produced for a period of 3 years, starting at any point chosen by the Founder's District.

I also recede my previous request for seeds.

A child or spouse will follow family so long as it isn't specifically chosen as a Founder in another District.  I can imagine an unscrupulous Player specifically choosing a child of another District's Founder as a Founder, to hold as a hostage.  None of the other potential Players in this game would be that dirty of a bastard, right?  I'm just needlessly paranoid.  ;)

Of course, until they actually become members of a District, they're free to chosen...

Yes, you'd do this during your blue-print phase.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:59:54 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2016, 04:58:33 pm »

A child or spouse will follow family so long as it isn't specifically chosen as a Founder in another District.  I can imagine an unscrupulous Player specifically choosing a child of another District's Founder as a Founder, to hold as a hostage.  Of course, I might be a little bit of a bastard too, but...

The issue is the child is a baby. I don't believe the baby can be detached from its mother all to easily. Either way, if I trade out then I'm at 7+1, with all my families intact.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2016, 05:00:32 pm »

Gwolfski (District G) Name-Lakecastle
1. Mr Deduk Beasttrumpet
2. Mrs Deduk Minereleased
3. Miss Deduk Washedpaper
4. Miss Deduk Furnacestern
5. Mr Zasit Knowingwind
6. Mrs Zasit Walledbowel
7. Miss Eral Paddledhigh

extras:
Doren Postspread
Mrs Uzol Wringbust
Uzol Socketpapers

Oh, and i accept graciously the offer of one tree cut down. Any one will do, just make sure it doesn't fall into a pond!.And nobody nicks it!

Oh, the anvil for sale. How about... 500 dwarfbucks worth of goods given in the next 2 years? in addition to the terms stated?

and a question: so, say the anvil offer is accepted, do i go ahead and take the anvil in my save game?
what about artifacts?

Edit: you know the wood roads? can i deconstruct the one around my district and replace it with a different material?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2016, 05:01:50 pm »

Do I get the artifact bow that goes with Mr Braidedtreason, or no?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »

A child or spouse will follow family so long as it isn't specifically chosen as a Founder in another District.  I can imagine an unscrupulous Player specifically choosing a child of another District's Founder as a Founder, to hold as a hostage.  Of course, I might be a little bit of a bastard too, but...

The issue is the child is a baby. I don't believe the baby can be detached from its mother all to easily. Either way, if I trade out then I'm at 7+1, with all my families intact.

Right - so that baby would physically remain with the mother in the game, but would "legally" belong to a different District as one of their Founders.  This would mean that the infant Founder was able to freely leech off of his/her parent's District resources, but if as a child they made an artifact or something, that it would be owned by the baby's District and not the Mother's.  It would be a very shady.  Of course, that also means that when/if the baby becomes an adult, they would immediately move to that other District, after having been taken care of by their Parent's District for years and years.  It's really a form of resource theft...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2016, 05:36:14 pm »

Gwolfski (District G) Name-Lakecastle
1. Mr Deduk Beasttrumpet
2. Mrs Deduk Minereleased
3. Miss Deduk Washedpaper
4. Miss Deduk Furnacestern
5. Mr Zasit Knowingwind
6. Mrs Zasit Walledbowel
7. Miss Eral Paddledhigh

extras:
Doren Postspread
Mrs Uzol Wringbust
Uzol Socketpapers

Oh, and i accept graciously the offer of one tree cut down. Any one will do, just make sure it doesn't fall into a pond!.And nobody nicks it!

Oh, the anvil for sale. How about... 500 dwarfbucks worth of goods given in the next 2 years? in addition to the terms stated?

and a question: so, say the anvil offer is accepted, do i go ahead and take the anvil in my save game?
what about artifacts?

Edit: you know the wood roads? can i deconstruct the one around my district and replace it with a different material?

Good catch!  The roads dividing up the Districts are owned by the City and are specifically there to facilitate transportation to the Depot, so upkeep of them would be controlled by whomever has the Broker as a member of their District.  Currently, That's Mrs Zasit Walledbowel.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24