Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: ROLL TO RESET [8/8] [TURN 5]  (Read 5428 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
ROLL TO RESET [8/8] [TURN 5]
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:24:59 pm »

"When I opened my eyes, the Life Reset Button was there, turning around and around in midair. Dizzily, dizzily, always imitating, starting a New Game to fulfill my heart's desire."

"Sacrifices have to be made...I'm so sorry. I hope in a hundred years, you can forgive me."

re·set
rēˈset/
verb
1. set again or differently.

ROLL TO RESET is a game revolving around a group of protagonists who may or may not be content with the status of existence in their present lives. They squabble over an artifact called The Reset; an item that has the ability to reset time, space, and any number of things. In fact, some people call it The Revolution instead, because it's sometimes an agent of extensive change more than a return to a prior state.

The Reset takes on the form of a common object; a toaster, a clock hand, a pill. Anyone who uses the Reset gains the ability to recognize it by instinct in any future Resetting.

The Reset affects the memories of its users in varying ways; sometimes they retain memories from previous Resets perfectly, sometimes the memories are triggered by an external stimulus, which takes the form of a feeling akin to "deja vu".

So, if you had the chance to start your life over, will you use the Reset? Or will you go to any lengths to make sure things stay the way they are?

THE CURRENT RESET

The initial setting of the game is Capital City, a pristine city with uniform sleek, futuristic architecture. Despite its beautiful setting and low crime rate, some suspect the city has some sort of sinister secret.

You are a citizen of Capital City, and by all means and intents, a completely normal, average person. Right?

C H A R A C T E R   S H E E T
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want an idea of what exactly inspires this game, here's a list of handy media you can check out that influenced the making of this game. Most of it's anime; I'm so disgusted with myself. None of these are necessary at all to play, but if you want to see how my brain ticks (and gain a little bit of Genre Savviness), feel free to check out any of these.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

List of Players:
-Coolrune206 (Stan)
-SaberToothTiger (Benny)
-sakiskid (Hark)
-GiglameshDespair (Sarah)
-AbstractTraitorHero (Abstract)
-loki987 (Charles)
-crazyabe (Xantherus)
-VampiricImage (Lucia)

Waitlist:
-Terrahex (Jocelyn)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:01:51 am by Chromatic Wasp »
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [0/8]
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:43:07 pm »

Name: Stan
Appearance: Disheveled, greying hair. Tattered clothes. Generally appears homeless. Carries a bundle lodged full of matches and old socks over his shoulder.
Background: Stan was born on the streets and raised on the streets. He lived by pan-handling. While he was above average hobo intelligence, nobody wanted to hire THAT Stan who begged for money outside their store. So, he just took life one day, one meal, one drink, and one arrest for loitering at a time.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [1/8]
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »

Cool! You're on the OP.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:10 am »

will edit shieet in.

Name: Benny.
Appearance: Young, black hair, blue eyes. Very twitchy, walks a bit hunched over.
Background: Benny ran away from home when he was 16. He wasn't very bright or very strong, but up to that point he was doing fine. During his years on the street he started snorting coke, just to relax, you know? At first it was a choice, but then he got hooked and couldn't stop. He didn't have the money to support his addiction, so he had to do some incredibly unpleasant things, things he could only get away with the high only cocaine offered. Now, a robbery gone wrong and he killed a teller in a gas station. He ran away, but things are certainly not looking up for this poor sod at all right now.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:09:00 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:19:25 pm »

Yeah sure I'll join. Also, wear your anime stripes proudly!

Not really sure about the setting, however. There's not much to go off of besides it just being a city. Honestly, its description reminds me of A Certain Magical Index (which I didn't really like besides the setting)

Name: Jocelyn
Appearance: She's extremely pale, and every hair on her body is white. Her eyes are a light blue behind a pair of glasses. She's of average height, and besides looking like she was just doused in flour, there's not much unique about her appearance.
Background: Jocelyn was born white. Extremely white. Turns out, she was albino. Most people didn't care, but it didn't exactly do her favors when getting gossiped about or when trying to make new friends. She turned to books as friends, and she came to capital city to pursue a degree in science.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:44:22 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 05:15:07 pm »

Not really sure about the setting, however. There's not much to go off of besides it just being a city. Honestly, its description reminds me of A Certain Magical Index (which I didn't really like besides the setting)

I tried to leave it a little vague and standard so that it could be developed in any way.

My inspiration for the setting was actually Mitakihara City, if that develops it any.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [3/8]
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 05:29:16 pm »

I haven't watched any of your chinese cartoons, but what the hell.

Name: Sarah
Appearance: A woman of unexceptional looks. Her dark brown hair was dyed blue a while ago, but its started to grow out. A pair of slender spectacles sit on her nose.
Background: Sarah was born to wealthy parents, with one older sister. She attended a university from home - her parents left the house to her and her sister while they jetsetted around the world on business, rarely coming home.
One day, Sarah came home to find her sister dead by suicide. Why? Sarah couldn't work it out. To make matters worse, her parents returned and blamed her for her sisters death, claiming she should have seen warning signs or at least reasons. The stress made her drop out of uni, and she's wasted the last two years doing nothing.
If only she could go back and change things...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [4/8]
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 08:18:19 pm »

((EXPY FOR THE WIN))
Name:Abstract
Appearance:Dirty blond hair with a small faded streak of purple that has since gone pink 5ft7 Green eyes.
Background:A kid from a divorced family he currently lives with his dad a slightly chubby man with curly hair a mustache and slightly taller he is kind.
His fluffy chartreuse Shadowstar who has aids and is 3 years old he is a fairly optimistic and kind kid but has a morbid humor and prefers the inside.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:48:04 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »

((EXPY FOR THE WIN))
Appearance:Dirty blond hair with a small faded streak of purple that has since gone pink 5ft7 Green eyes
Background:A kid from a divorced family he currently lives with his dad a slightly chubby man with curly hair a mustache and slightly taller he is kind and his fluffy chartreuse Shadowstar who has aids and is 3 years old he is a fairly optimistic and kind kid but has a morbid humor and prefers the inside.

His liquor is fluffy, called Shadowstar, and has AIDs? What?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 08:37:00 pm »

((EXPY FOR THE WIN))
Appearance:Dirty blond hair with a small faded streak of purple that has since gone pink 5ft7 Green eyes
Background:A kid from a divorced family he currently lives with his dad a slightly chubby man with curly hair a mustache and slightly taller he is kind and his fluffy chartreuse Shadowstar who has aids and is 3 years old he is a fairly optimistic and kind kid but has a morbid humor and prefers the inside.
Punctuation?
What do you think? Yes? No?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 08:46:55 pm »

((EXPY FOR THE WIN))

His liquor is fluffy, called Shadowstar, and has AIDs? What?

No chartreuse is a french cat breed and yes has aids.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 09:01:46 pm »

Can I point out now self-inserts are terrible and should never be done?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 09:03:02 pm »

Probably but Everyone does em once

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:43 pm »

Probably but Everyone does em once

*pounds gavel* I WILL ALLOW IT.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [5/8]
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 05:56:06 pm »

Ok, so far, everyone's on the OP!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5