Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: ROLL TO RESET [8/8] [TURN 5]  (Read 5422 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [5/7]
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 10:14:46 pm »

I stepped the player list down from 8 slots to 7. Hopefully this'll fill soon. Hang in there, everyone!
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 05:44:33 am »

Okay, I want to join just give me a moment to come up with a character.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »

Sorry for the wait.

Name: Charles Nelson
Appearance: A tall dark haired white man. With one brown and one weird-looking grey eye.
Background: Charles grew up in England and was the son of two stageactors.
He loves cats, literature and film. He's somewhat shy but transforms when he's acting. He moved over because he wants to break out as an actor.
He has acted in some rather bad plays and some better plays. He appeared in some small indie movies (some directors don't want to hire him because of his weird eye). He believes however that his next film (a film in a midieval setting) will help make him a big moviestar.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:18:01 pm by Loki987 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 04:47:43 pm »

Name: Xantherus Octavian Jones
Appearance: An Ancient man; he has a small amount of white hair, Blue Eyes, and Slightly tanned skin. He always wears a Tuxedo
Background: Xantherus is very Old, he remembers when Capital City was new but now he is starting to lose his memory. . .
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [7/7] (STARTING SOON!)
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 11:29:07 pm »

OK! We've got a full group! I'll be starting us off fairly soon!

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [7/7] (ROUND 1)
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 08:14:53 am »

Ok, so "fairly soon" was a slight stretch, but I'm finally ready to begin.

ROUND 1

April 19th, 2018

8:02 A.M.

Charles Nelson wakes with a start as his alarm goes off. It's the first day of filming, and he needs to be on set by 9:00 sharp.

In another part of the city, Stan is woken up not by an alarm, but by a member of the Capital City Police Department. He does not look happy to see Stan at all.

Meanwhile, Sarah is awoken rudely by sunlight breaking through the drawn blinds of her dark bedroom. The light is getting in her eyes. This is not an unnatural wakeup for her.

Speaking of the CCPD, Benny, newly arriving in Capital, sees a wanted poster with his face on it. Nobody is around to see, at least from what he can tell, but if he wants to protect his identity, he might want to take care of it.

...Well, actually, there is a witness to Benny's actions. Walking not too far behind him is Jocelyn, making the morning commute to school. Up ahead, she sees a man staring at a piece of paper on a telephone pole and debating what to do. The man has not yet noticed her, but she is there.

Jocelyn takes Capital City Transit #212 to her university classes, a bus which currently is being ridden by Abstract, on his way to school (albeit not university).

Transit #212's next stop is being waited at by the oldest man in the city, Xantherus Octavian Jones. Where is he going to today?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 06:01:53 pm »

It's nice out today.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 06:34:05 pm »

"Goooood.... morning officer. Are we really doing something today? I hope we're not doing something today. Please tell me I'm not under arrest. I haven't seen nuffin, I haven't done nuffin."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 06:41:15 pm »

"I think today I might go to university again, I cant remember the last time I went there... perhaps it was last month..."
I get on the bus...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

Sarah groaned and rolled over, but the sun did not politely extinguish itself. Combined witha particualr enthusiastic bird outside, she finally clawed her way out from the covers and fumbled her glasses on..

Padding out her room into the hall, it was clear the maid had been in at some point. The whole place looked clean. Fashionable chrome banisters over the stairs were shiny enough she could see her face in them, the carpet was immaculate white, and the junk food wrappers had disappeared. Of the other doors along the landing, most were locked - parent's room, dad's office... sister's room. Her parents weren't even in - they barely came home every few months, now, and it was always awkward when they did.

Bathroom. Brush teeth, wash face, take pill. Morning routine done, she trudged her way downstairs, clicking the kettle on as she went past the kitchen. Thudding down on the sofa, she opened her laptop and navigated to the news.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 05:25:20 am »

" Ughhh, darn. Shouldn't have watched that program last night."
I get up. Get in my clothes and eat some breakfast.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 12:22:17 pm »

Abstract Waits on the bus reading he is willing to talk if others approach him.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 02:20:40 pm »

Benny:

Rip off the poster and stuff it into my pocket, then check my pockets for cash.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO RESET [6/6] (TURN 2)
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 10:30:13 am »

((I tried to be patient, but Jocelyn never replied, so let's just move on.))

TURN 2

A 4 is rolled.

Xantherus gets onto the bus with no problem. The closest open seat is the one next to Abstract, who...

A 4 is rolled.

Is sitting there, reading peacefully.

-----

"You're under arrest for charges of Societal Disruption." A police officer calmly informs Stan, before turning to his partner, saying simply "Book 'im." The officer withdraws a pair of handcuffs and approaches Stan.

-----

A 5 is rolled.

The news for today is a remarkably different tone than most days, Sarah realizes. No stories of natural disasters or tragic deaths. The leading news story is about some video involving a kitten. How adorable.

The weather for today is forecasted to be beautiful. Warm, but...Not too hot. The sun is shining warmly and a slight breeze sweeps through the land. Everything today seems peaceful.

It seems like today is...Different somehow. In a good way. The feeling that something, somehow, is going to change.

-----

A 4 is rolled.

Charles gets up, and goes through his morning ritual with ease.

-----

A 4 is rolled.

Benny rips the poster down, stuffing it into his pockets alongside a decent (albeit unimpressive) amount of money.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 12:25:08 pm »

"I'd like my rights read to me, please... also, can you explain what this Societal Disruption is? I haven't done anything... can you show me your badges to prove this isn't just some cruel joke?"

While I'm talking, scope out the area. Look for an escape.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5