Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecart bodyslams no longer working? (Intentional Injuries thread)  (Read 1352 times)

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In older forts, I had a injury factory where dwarves would push minecarts into some helmeted loser, causing broken bones and general unpleasantness.  The idea was to get a repeatedly injurable dwarf to train doctors with, which worked pretty well.  A given dwarf generally lasted at least a dozen rounds or so, plus, it's mostly automatic.

The newer versions, though, I've noticed the target dwarf just not being struck by the minecart, like it's phasing right through him.  He's in a 1 tile hallway like before, and it's not like he has any dodging skill.  Given how reliable it was before, I wonder if there's something different about minecarts.

I suppose I can always do a boulder-dropping closet instead, but that's slightly more work.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:16:10 pm by Tryble »

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart bodyslams no longer working?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 08:32:03 am »

With right timing units meeting in a hallway can just switch their places and not collide.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:03:58 am »

If you want an alternative way to train doctors you could make them scholars.  It's slow but it'll train doctor skills a little.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:49:41 am »

If you want an alternative way to train doctors you could make them scholars.  It's slow but it'll train doctor skills a little.

i myself like the retracting drawbridge drop, it usually works and can drop multiple dwarves at once
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 12:07:02 pm »

Since coinstar don't work anymore, maybe you can get nice injuries from socks of seeds.  Use that minecart as auto repeater to a hallway that constantly hurls things around.

40 beehives near the central stairs causes lots of bee stings.  I wonder if they seek doctors for those injuries.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 12:17:51 pm »

I've never seen dwarves go to the doctor for bee stings.  Or ordinary cave spider bites either.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 01:45:59 pm »

PTW

I put a bunch of useless dwarfs in helmet and breastplate in front of a ballista. It usually gives one or two serious injuries per dwarf. The minecart idea might be better because once in a while a ballista arrow hits the neck and kills the dwarf.

Now we get a alot of mercenaries that will volenteer for medical training.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 03:51:32 pm »

^now that's a danger room
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 05:35:12 pm »

Now we get a alot of mercenaries that will volenteer for medical training.
Keep mercenaries, train on bards rather.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)