Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: One Dwarf Against the World  (Read 241058 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: One Dwarf Against the World
« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2009, 07:44:30 pm »

Dudes. All of this senseless, pointless, RP has no place in DWARF MODE DISCUSSION.

This is not the place. This is not the time.  Please, stop.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2009, 09:08:57 pm »

Nobody is above reporting you people for this idiocy.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2009, 10:37:00 pm »

I'm above it.

OH NO, I RESURRECTED IT AGAIN!

Really, just move it to the appropriate forum. We need a better catalogue of stories anyway, considering how difficult it is to sort through a forum post. But enough of these disconnected ramblings.

LIVE!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:48 pm »

It probably doesn't matter since it's being linked to by the legendary stories thread, but I agree.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2009, 12:48:20 am »

I don't see the point, it's linked to legendary stories as mentioned.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2009, 03:54:39 am »

Alright, I probably shouldn't have posted this considering how many people are trying to put it back into the ground (rightfully so), so I am very sorry, but I had never actually taken the time to read this entire story, and I am actually glad there are necromancers out there (for once) or else I never would have read it.

Again, sorry for keeping this thread alive even longer than it should be, but I believe it deserves respect.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 05, 2009, 03:56:20 am »

It's cool. I really would recommend you check out the Legends thread in Games and Stories. It'll help you find amazing stuff without the need for annoying necros.

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2009, 08:17:39 am »

I don't have a problem with necroposting when appropriate. Like the above poster, if it hadn't been for a necro I never would have read this epic thread. Things like this (Morul, Cacame etc) deserve to be resurrected every so often so that newbies can bask in their glory.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2009, 06:16:53 pm »

I'm aware of the fact I'm helping keep this thread alive when I shouldn't but I need to make this clear, because it seems people are missing out on some awesome things and they shouldn't be.

Hall of Legends

The above link has many stories much like this one (and more importantly has this one) and needs not be bumped. It kills two birds with one stone, as you can find this story easily and you don't need to necro it.

TiagoTiago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2010, 03:07:42 pm »

I know people don't like people posting to this thread anymore, but after finishing to read the whole story i gotta say this:

TBH, i agree with the people saying the end felt rushed, it didn't kept with the level of the rest of the story, it was disappointing after reading all the high quality previous chapters.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:09:31 pm by TiagoTiago »
---
Notification emails don't always reach me, please let me know if you think it has happened (like if i don't reply a thread i'm expected to reply for more than a week)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2010, 03:11:56 pm »

awesome story!

but a poor ending. I WANT URIST! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP POSTING!!!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 28, 2010, 11:38:12 am »

It's not that big of a deal.  I'm pleasantly surprised every time I see it on my new replies list.

You could just get the OP to lock it.
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2010, 05:45:24 pm »

I am glad that people necro'd this thread. I loved it and wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Ending was a little forced, but was fairly epic nonetheless. And as I've learned from many D&D campaigns, any conclusion is better than no conclusion. End your stories not with a whimper, but a bang!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2010, 07:08:08 pm »

It might be more accurately compared to a whoopie cushion here; being somewhere in between.

Anyway, who thinks it's time for Part 2? It was hinted at, and DF2010 brings back ye olde HFS in a way... should be perfect.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23