Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blind woodcutter  (Read 805 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blind woodcutter
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:33:24 am »

I just got the first migrant wave. Soon I found a certain woodcutter refused to do any job. I checked and found she was missing both her eyes and a limb. Actually, she couldn't even move by herself.

So what do I do?

Lebo

• Bay Watcher
  • A breakdancing troll.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind woodcutter
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:06 am »

If she refuses to move at all, one option is to build a Supported floor one or a few tiles away from her, and PULL THE LEVER to cause a localized collapse-caused dustcloud. Hopefully it will cause damage enough to make her eligible for hospitalization, but not enough to kill her. The doctors then should diagnose her with a need for a crutch so she would be at least able to start walking again.

I think digging a pit below her and then channeling her into it could do the same, but I'm not sure these days how deep it should be to make need for hospital for a few broken bones instead of a cracked skull and crushed brain. Assuming of course that the miners would agree to dig the channel below her.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:19:53 am »

If you don't mind cheating, you could go into the raws(the worlds raws, not the games raws, otherwise it wound't take effect unless you generated a new world), and mod dwarves to heal eyes and limbs. I should note i have little experience with modding so if wishing to do this you should consult a more experienced modder as to how it should be done, but i am pretty sure it can be done.

Otherwise you could do what the previous poster suggested(which may or may not work, depending on the level of damage), or if you are feeling lazy and cruel, simply wall her off and wait for her to starve.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:47:20 am »

The doctors then should diagnose her with a need for a crutch so she would be at least able to start walking again.

I figured it out I needed a hospital. Now she has been carried to the hospital by another dwarf but still can't leave the bed. The doctor hasn't do anything, yet.

I guess that's because her wounds are in fact old ones(already healed, you know, created during world-gen)?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:49:15 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:37:29 am »

The doctors then should diagnose her with a need for a crutch so she would be at least able to start walking again.

I figured it out I needed a hospital. Now she has been carried to the hospital by another dwarf but still can't leave the bed. The doctor hasn't do anything, yet.

I guess that's because her wounds are in fact old ones(already healed, you know, created during world-gen)?

Do you have crutches made, because if you don't have any crutches for use then the Doctor can't prescribe them to the dwarf.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 04:33:43 am »

Do you have crutches made, because if you don't have any crutches for use then the Doctor can't prescribe them to the dwarf.
Even if you have crutches, it can still take a while for the doctors to issue her with one. I had a dwarf injured in a mining accident in my latest fortresses, and it took the doctors 2 months(or it felt like that at any rate) to stop diagnosing her and issue her with a crutch(despite me having several in my fortress), and this is after spending almost a month fixing her up in the first place(although most of that was my fault since i did not have any thread for sutures at first).

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 12:22:06 pm »

Dude blindness is basically a super-power for dwarf mode.  She won't be scared of anything.  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Wound#Blindness

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 12:35:35 pm »

blind siege operators ftw
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 03:54:37 pm »