Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The First Solar War IC (8/10) - Year 2436  (Read 1714 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
The First Solar War IC (8/10) - Year 2436
« on: January 23, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »

The First Solar War

OOC Thread

When we first colonized the stars it was like the discovery of the New World: everybody took a piece and hoped they could build their own little Colonial Empires. In the End bloody rebellions, revolutions, wars of independence and subjugation threw everything into chaos. Finally, the price for Imperialism was too large to be paid...the sheer maintenance cost of putting even a Company of Marines into Space was beyond even the wealthiest of Powers to pay and so Freedom was granted...grudgingly. However Technology advanced and as Fusion Drives, Rail Guns and Fleets which so strikingly reminded of the Eras of Sail and Diesel became realities, the old nationalism, the old greed and the hope for Hegemony returned. As always those at the top, saw themselves as unifiers of Humanity under the banner of their nation...under their very own banner. And so the endless circle began once anew...

Political Map

Spoiler:  Earth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Luna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Belt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jupiter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ganymede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Saturn Moons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Uranus Moons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Triton (click to show/hide)

Nations

Spoiler:  Titan Institute(Red) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Defenses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ships and Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:01:55 pm by Ghazkull »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: The First Solar War IC (7/10) - Year 2436
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 01:49:07 pm »

The Ganymede Salvatores actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:35:12 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »

The Olympian Alliance Actions:
EDIT - If Freighers can be built this turn: (NB above actions also changed)
EDIT2 - Edited second action for a final time.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:06:46 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »

Datum Actions

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 12:57:03 am »

Ceres Pirates actions:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:30:06 pm by VoidSlayer »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:53 am »

Spoiler: Miner's Collective (click to show/hide)

For NPC nations: Can you demand any form of surrender from them? (Preferably unconditional)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:04:27 pm by Kashyyk »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

Titan Institute Actions

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 05:46:39 pm »

Spoiler: Monopol (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The First Solar War IC (8/10) - Year 2436
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 09:47:42 pm »

Unified Martian Coalition
Spoiler: Construction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)
Edit: Adjusted Orders somewhat.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:33:52 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 03:56:18 pm »

Spring - 2436

Ganymede Salvatores

A Single Frigate is sent to the Orbit of Earth, broadcasting offers of alliance.

Olympian Alliance

In the early Spring the first signs of war spread across Mars. Continuing their Imperialistic Doctrine of Expansion a Great Offensive against the Peoples Republic of Angustum had begun.

Rapidly raised Conscripts with outdated weapons were swept away under disciplined Martian Armored Regiments and Infantry. In this Age and time pitched field battles have become a rarity, nonetheless the Battle of the Angustum Plains would go into history as a shining example of what more disciplined, experienced, better equipped and led soldiers can do.

Add to all these advantages the sheer numerical advantage and it was clear why the Olympian Alliance won the battle that day. By evening of the 30.000 Angustan Soldiers more than twenty thousand had been killed, the rest Wounded in Action, Lost or Captured. Angustum had fallen and the Olympian Alliance could congratulate itself on its first great victory.

Spoiler:  Angustum Invasion (click to show/hide)

Angustum has been captured by the Olympian Alliance!
30 Rebel Conscript Regiments destroyed!
10 Regular Regiments have been damaged
2 Regular Regiments have been consolidated into one Veteran Regiment

Datum Earth

Meanwhile on Earth, the IMPERIUM OF MAN began pacifying the various Warlords and Independent nations of Earth.
Whiteshield Regiments would do the job for now...

Initial fighting turned out bad for the Imperial Whiteshields, what was supposed to be a quick campaign of subjugation bogged down in Northern China as Conscripts held the line long enough to allow their allies to prepare defenses at the hastily errected defenses around the Great Wall.

The First Assault Wave is an utter disaster. Thousands fall on the approaches, mowed down by mines, artillery and machine guns, a scene taken right from the trenches of WW1. Command, thinking better than to lose more men retreat.

9 Whiteshield Regiments lost
Small Fortress damaged
5 Rebel Conscripts destroyed.

Ceres Pirates

Fleets arrive in Orbit over the Inner Belt Habitats and the First Fleet Battle in the War begins...

The Engagement is short and brutal. The few defending frigates are washed away under the fire of the cloaked invasion fleet. However, several Heavy Frigates are heavily damaged as enemy hackers manage to overload their systems and explode several generators and torpdeo tubes before they can be stopped.

Having dealt with the enemy fleet the Marines get to do their jobs...

The Fighting is harsh and lasts for well over eight hours before the last resistance nests are mopped up, but the Asteroid Habs are in the Hands of the Ceres Pirates now!

10 Rebel Marine Regiments Destroyed
5 Light Frigates destroyed
4 Heavy Frigates [2/4] damaged
8 Marine Regiments damaged
Asteroid Habitats captured!

Miners Collective

The Victory Celebrations are however cut short. A fleet of the Miners Collective has entered the Orbit over the Asteroid Habitats engaging the damaged fleet.

The Battle is short and brutal, while your marines board more than half of the enemies fleet, the rest wither away under enemy fire barely causing damage.

The Ceres Marines are now left on the ground without hope for extraction. Worse yet, your Troops are closing in on them.

7 Ceres Heavy Frigates destroyed,
8 Ceres Heavy Frigates captured,
10 Ceres Marine Regiments destroyed,
10 Miners Marine Regiments depleted,
15 Miners Heavy Frigates damaged
5 IC destroyed
Asteroid Habitats captured (again)

Titan Institute

The Population of New Kent surrenders without much of an effort...easy victory there.

However the Smaller Moons of Saturn are defended by small units of Mercenaries. you expect the engagement to be short and brutal seeing as your newly developed TSF-Squadrons should be ablte to take on some measly Marines.

Spoiler:  Smaller Saturn Moons (click to show/hide)

The engagement is as short as expected however 1 TSF Squadron was heavily damaged due to an especially tenacious marine squadron.

Unified Martian Coalition

Propably the largest offensive in the entirety in the opening of the war was the invasion of Noachis by the Unified Martian Coalition. deploying more than 70.000 Men in the offensive was an logistical nightmare in these modern times. Especially the cooperation between Martian Army and Navy is to be noted.

--------

Battalion Commander Fritz Kasamoto was watching as yet another Wave of Coalition Marines dropped from Orbit. The Western battlements were crumbling and breaching teams had made some forays into the interior of the fortress, despite that his Men were putting up the fiercest fight at the Toulouse Bastion. He was considering moving men from there to the crumbling defenses at the western bastions but decided against it...the day was yet young...

-------

"THEY HAVE BROKEN THROUGH!" Sergeant-Major Ichtiz watched tiredly on as another wave of Coalition men broke through their makeshift blockades. They had been fighting for hours and the endless masses of the Coalition never seemed to ebb. It was only a matter of time before they would run out of bullets. Determined to take as many down with him as possible he ordered his squad to counter-charge...it was going to be a very, very long day.

--------
Noachis is a wonderful case study of modern combat and would show how battles in this new era were fought. The combat for the main fortresses and bastions of Noachis lasted for the better part of 10 hours before night finally broke. It showed how superior marines were in night drops when the third assault wave managed to penetrate deep into the armory of the western bastion.

------------

Commander Kasamoto was staring in disbelief as his men broke out in loud cheers, they had survived! They had made i- "Commander new Tangos sighted at Coordinates 54-1. Estimated Stre-" the comms officer dropped the reciever as he paled. "Estimated strength 5 to 6 divisions."

------

The First Coalition Regular Army had assembled at the Ridge. Infantry and tanks were massing while artillery joined the Orbital Bombardement in levelling the remaining defenses of the Noachis Fortress. Inside Commander Kasamoto had gone back to a tried and true tactic all armies had employed in times of desperation. As the massive waves of steel and flesh of the Coalition army closed in they were greeted by the piercing war songs of the Soldiers of Noachis playing Old Earth Hymns from a bygone age from primitive loudspeakers.

---------------

What however nobody expected was the sheer tenacity with which the Marines of Noachis fought to the last man. A siege of one day turned into two weeks of never-ending fighting until the last Regiment under the Command of Brigadier General Kasamoto was completely wiped out. The Coalition had won...however its losses were atrocious...almost 25 thousand men had been lost in the siege, despite overhelming numbers, materiel and orbital support. The Notion that modern warfare was all about attack was proved to be not entirely right.

20 Rebel Marine Regiments destroyed
28 Regular Regiments depleted
8 Marine Regiments destroyed
7 Marine Regiments depleted
Noachis has been captured
2 Depleted Regiments merged to form a Veteran Regiment

Spoiler:  Earth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Luna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Belt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jupiter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ganymede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Saturn Moons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Uranus Moons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Triton (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:13:08 pm by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 03:56:53 pm »

Nations

Spoiler: UED (Lime Green) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Titan Institute(Red) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Defenses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ships and Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:18:17 pm by Ghazkull »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:46:24 pm »

Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Construction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Troops (click to show/hide)

The Martian Coalition extends offers of friendship to the Olympian Alliance openly, now, as it's people worry about news drifting in from the Belt.

Meanwhile, it once more gathers itself for a strenuous war....

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:52:49 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 02:23:32 pm »

Spoiler: Economy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:10 pm »

Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: construction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military Actions (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 06:40:38 pm »

Lord North reads the battle reports with dread, cursing as he spots the near-even casualty numbers.

"Those damnable generals couldn't destroy a riflery club if they were behind sandbags, those imbeciles."

As a nearby aide approaches him, North raises an eyebrow. The aide nervously speaks, jittering and occasionally looking back over his shoulder.

"Er, Lord North, sir...there has been a message from the colonials. They sent a...diplomatic ship, sir. They request an...alliance."

North chuckles darkly, shaking his head. After a few moments, he glances at the aide, surprised that he hasn't left.

"...I would have thought you could infer my answer from the laugh."

A shake of the head. "Ah. Kill them."

He turned back to his reports, shaking his head sadly, and quickly wrote out some orders to East Command.

"All forces in the Eastern Province are to attack. No retreat, no surrender. The generals who led the last assault shall lead from the front."

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: [1] 2