Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there any way to filter unwanted threads from the new replies list?  (Read 1486 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Is there any way to filter unwanted threads from the new replies list?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 07:17:36 am »

Reelya you are an amazing person and I want you to know that I find this extremely useful. Thank you for this.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 09:41:11 am »

Hmm, well since someone's still interested in this, I made a few improvements, so I'll share a current version. It now has a few settings at the top of the script which can be edited more easily.

The changes are:
- can be accessed from any bay12 page, but I modified it so that it acts differently on the main boards or replies page.
- option to "mark as read" automatically, to keep the replies page clear (but this sends an HTML request, so can be turned off)
- option to either delete or recolor blocked threads in the main board (can be any RGB color).
- I left a bunch of megathreads in there so you don't have to look for them, just chop the ones you want to keep

Here's the code:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:48:36 am by Reelya »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 09:55:41 am »

Hooray!

You have probably already noticed this, but in case you haven't: With this extension installed, all text linking to blocked threads becomes invisible.

Edit: I think. I remember some weird vanishing-text stuff happening, but I'm not 100% sure that was what was going on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 10:05:00 am »

With the new one two posts up, it shouldn't do that.

In the old version of the script, it could either be applied just to the replies page (but which meant you couldn't edit the script from other bay12 pages) or to all pages (but would delete topics everywhere). Now, you can specify different behavior.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:06:51 am by Reelya »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 11:05:51 am »

While I don't ever see myself using this, I'll just PTW anyway.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2]