Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Roleplay or Straight Gameplay?

RP
Straight gameplay

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Let's Unify Britannia: House Aberffraw (CKII)  (Read 27779 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Wales (CKII)
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2016, 11:15:59 pm »

Just posting to say that I'm enjoying the dubious competence of the line of Welsh monarchy.  :D
The Words of House Abberfraw are now officially "Dubiously Competent."

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2016, 02:47:18 pm »

The Dubiously Competent Adventures of King Anarawd

It is 3 February, 889.

Some interesting personas:

My brother, who hates me and wants the crown.

My daughter. Likes me well enough, just wants to kill me for some reason.

The man who hates me most in all the land. And I hate him right back. No one else does, so I can't murder him.

Anyway, f*ck them. I throw a duchy at some random dude to avoid a negative opinion modifier. He only hates me a little.

Then I declare war on Laigin for reasons of "I bullshat a claim and need MOAR DEMESNE!"

The banners are called and converge in County Dyfed, directly across the Irish Sea.

Some Muslim heresy supplants some slightly-more-orthodox Muslim faith. Not a single f*ck was given.

I wait to build up morale in Dyfed. No reason marching when you aren't full strength.

Shit happens faster than expected and some dudes start a siege of Devon. They don't have enough soldiers to deal with it though, so I don't  care. We march on Laigin and the bulk of the Irish army. We destroy it. Warscore 14%.

We settle down for some sieges.

Siege 1 of 2 complete, warscore 63%.

Nnng. I don't have the time for this, nor the desire for bastards. It's not appropriate.

My spymaster contracts typhus. I replace him with a bishop.

The war is over, however, the new section of my demesne is still tribal. I clear that up quick.

MORE DAMN VIKINGS.

Before I can kill them, treachery strikes. Two of the most powerful vassals in the land demand elective succession. They have 151% of the soldiers I have. What do we do? Poll.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2016, 03:01:23 pm »

Crushing rebels under your righteous boot is the best way for a new kings reign to start, so to quote the immortal words of generals in Medieval 2 "To war then Sire!" I forget do the Welsh have tanistry? Pretty much elective but tanists can only be of your dynasty. I'm not sure if that would satisfy them though.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2016, 03:31:21 pm »

Crushing rebels under your righteous boot is the best way for a new kings reign to start, so to quote the immortal words of generals in Medieval 2 "To war then Sire!" I forget do the Welsh have tanistry? Pretty much elective but tanists can only be of your dynasty. I'm not sure if that would satisfy them though.

Nope, you can't negotiate with terrorists.  Can't swap their Elective demand for tanistry.  If you cave in, the law is changed automagically.

So, KILL THEM ALL!

Earn their hatred!  Actually, the survivors will think much better of you after crushing this revolt.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2016, 10:10:56 pm »

You should be able to smash them. Decline the faction, beat them up. Everyone else will love you for putting them down, and you'll even be able to replace the buggers once you beat them. Or ransom them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2016, 06:46:22 am »

Slaughter them all.  Take no prisoners.

Actually, totally take prisoners.  Ransoms are cool.  Otherwise, slaughter!  Prove your dominance!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2016, 12:28:56 pm »

Well, there's gratitude for you.  Duke Tewdyr is the random guy you gave the duchy to!
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2016, 12:40:53 am »

Well, there's gratitude for you.  Duke Tewdyr is the random guy you gave the duchy to!

Oh yeah, I just noticed that!

I also noticed you gave that duchy to an Ambitious character, who is the ABSOLUTE WORST person to give anything to.  They get a -50 right off the bat. 

Ennoble ah, like, Content, man, yeah... (+50 to relations)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2016, 07:11:28 pm »

The Dubiously Competent Adventures of King Anarawd
It is 24 March, 890. My newest vassal, Duke Tewdwr and my lovely brother have just sent me this nice letter.

I tell them to get stuffed. Also, my other daughter also wants to kill my son and heir. Sigh.

Right. These rebels have 1500 men, abouts. On a good day I have 1100. I have 59 gold for mercs. I'm doomed.

BUT WAIT! I HAVE SONS OF ABRAHAM!

That means I can be horribly racist and borrow 300 gold from Jewish people!

I use the cash to hire the wonderful Swiss Band. I then tell everyone to congregate in Ireland.

With the mercs, I have 2688 soldiers to his 1476. He makes for the capital city of Powys. We follow him.

I listen to a town crier and gain 1 diplomacy. I'm still at negative 1. Great.

The Battle of Mathrafal is joined. The war hinges on a victory here and now.

Their right flank collapses in the Skirmish phase. They're boned.

Their center collapses and the left flank is almost gone.

The Battle of Mathrafal is a smashing success, with massive casualties for the enemy and but a few on our side. We march on the rebel capital. The remains of their army begin a siege of Cornwall in the south. I'm not worried, we'll deal with them soon.

On the home front, Rhodri's youngest bastard comes of age. I order him to take the vows.

We seize the enemy capital, but Cornwall is at is breaking point. I send my men to trap the rebel forces in the peninsula and reclaim the territory. As I crush the last remnants of Tewdwr's army, a jewish guy shows up at my court. I let him stay, what's the harm.

Ahhh. Tewdwr has a mere 655 soldiers left. Not even enough for sieges. We march back to Gwent to siege him more.

What he has left is somehow able to siege our capital. Sigh.

We now hold the City of Newport. Tewdwr has a mere 481 soldiers now. Warscore is at 99% and the bastard won't give up. Fine then. I march back to Gwent for SIEGES! YAY! FUNTIMES! HAHAHA-no. Not fun. Not fun at all.

After a few days the warscore ticks over to 100 and he accepts my peace offer. Namely, I throw him in the Oubliette, people mock him, and then people talk about how great I am. At least that's how I interpret prestige gain/loss. I also throw my annoying little brother in the Oubliette to die. Ah, the Oubliette! Are there problems it can't solve?

I slap a couple of Vikings and Leinster becomes Welsh. That was fast. That's all for a little while, folks!

It is Christmas Day, 891.

PROGRESS TODAY: Slapped revolt. 7/8 counties to De Facto unified Wales, but I have a truce with that ass. 0 diplomacy instead of negatives.
Cash: 49
Prestige: 1158
Piety: 220
Ruler age: 41
Heir age: 15, and betrothed to fat German Karling woman with no skill above 8. Mihangel, I am so, so sorry.
Vassals: All good, except for the two guys in prison, Mayor Dickhead (I have a cunning plan to kill him next war, btw), and 2 bishops, because they're a different kind of Celtic than me and I owe money to Jewish people, which is OBVIOUSLY heresy.

3 out of 4 of them send tax to the Pope, 1 sends tax to me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:13:09 pm by LordBrassroast »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2016, 12:13:57 am »

Awesome update!

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2016, 01:26:46 pm »

I thought culture conversion took way longer. These are British Celts, they can't even agree on how to spell whisk(e)y. I'd expected them to remain Irish till the day they all died. Maybe the peasants have 5-year lifespans. Or my vassals committed a genocide I was unaware of.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2016, 02:07:48 pm »

I thought culture conversion took way longer. These are British Celts, they can't even agree on how to spell whisk(e)y. I'd expected them to remain Irish till the day they all died. Maybe the peasants have 5-year lifespans. Or my vassals committed a genocide I was unaware of.

Apparently takes, on average, 30 years to change culture.

Stewardship (and culture!) of the owner influences it. I think it's above 9 reduces the time it takes 'til the max reduction bonus at 12/13 Stew., though I can't quite remember the time reduction. Might be half..?

I think from 5 and below it gets quite bad. Like, 60 years bad.

There may have been an event, though. Or it just changed 'cause it happens sometimes.

I've had bits of Scotland/Pictland not be Scottish while most of the Iberian Peninsula and bits of Italy and France were quite happily changing their culture to reflect their Scottish betters.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2016, 02:19:27 pm »

I got a popup message about Leinster changing culture. Maybe that had something to do with it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2016, 02:28:15 pm »

It was a while ago I was reading about culture change, but there are apparently two events that can happen to change county culture. I just can't remember what they are or how they trigger :))

The CKII wiki is where I found it though, and it's pretty good, if you ever need to look stuff up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »

And I have decided to create a subpar Crusader Kings II Let's Play to celebrate Paradox Studios going public.

Mainly mentioned it because I've been rather opinionated in this topic, so its a perfect opportunity to get back at me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9