Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Roleplay or Straight Gameplay?

RP
Straight gameplay

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Let's Unify Britannia: House Aberffraw (CKII)  (Read 27785 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Wales (CKII)
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2016, 08:27:01 pm »

Alright, I'll go complain about things you do over there  :P. Thanks for all the support for my LP and putting up with my "whenever the f*ck I feel like it" schedule.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2016, 12:53:34 am »

Alright, I'll go complain about things you do over there  :P. Thanks for all the support for my LP and putting up with my "whenever the f*ck I feel like it" schedule.

Oh, I am sure to use the exact same schedule, ha!

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2016, 08:05:41 am »

PTW the rise and eventual fall of Wales. Cymru am byth!
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2016, 10:33:30 am »

Alright, I'm getting dead serious about this. 7 or so updates since January is bollocks. Updates on Sundays unless I am literally on fire. THIS I SWEAR!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »

Better not indulge in heresy then! :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Wales (CKII),
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2016, 01:59:22 pm »

Hey, sorry to get hopes up, but this isn't really an update, I just sort of do the infodumping I wasn't responsibly doing, and talk about my grand plan for Ynys Prydain.

It is December 26, 891, and this is the current state of the British Isles.

As you can see, Scotland stands strong in the North and Ivar Ragnarsson's realm has dissolved. However, Sigurd Ragnarsson of Sjaelland has picked up the slack and conquered extensively, but nowhere near as much as Halfdan in Jorvik. Halfdan is the last Son of Ragnar alive and the old alliances have broken up, however the Vikings are still formidable. East Anglia is gone, Mercia stands, and Wessex has a mere 2 counties clinging to our Cornish border, having been supplanted by Hwicce.

Normally at this point, I would be starting wars. However, my levies were utterly depleted in the last revolt, and I have a mere 929 soldiers at my disposal out of a normal 2381. In addition, I have a faction at 92% strength aiming to put my half-brother on the throne. I can't hire retinues, my retinue cap as a small, early-game nation is HAHAHA NO, so I think I'm just going to unpause for a few minutes and see what horrible things happen.

Our strength continues to replenish and the faction's relative strength continues to decrease. I don't think we'll have another civil war for a while. I think at this point the plan is to try to conquer what remains of Wessex and then holy war Jorvik and Sjaelland into oblivion with a Pan-British Alliance. All members of which we will betray and conquer, of course.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:25:30 pm by LordBrassroast »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2016, 07:14:45 pm »

Good info, good plan, and good luck!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2016, 05:41:14 pm »

PTWing this cuz it's both hillarious and epic. May the Dubiously Competent Kings of Wales continue their dubiously competent conquests!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2016, 05:52:06 pm »

Alright, I'm getting dead serious about this. 7 or so updates since January is bollocks. Updates on Sundays unless I am literally on fire. THIS I SWEAR!

Call the fire department, LordBrassroast is on fire.  Mm, mm, guess we're eating fried LordBrassroast this Easter!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2016, 06:12:58 pm »

Don't waste too much blood, I need it for my blood sorcery.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2016, 06:17:59 pm »

I am so, so sorry. School went nuts. And some Salamander Space Marines decided I was a heretic </warhammer 40k>. Anyway, got a semi-free weekend coming up. No promises though. But if I can get an update up sometime this weekend, I will.  :D

Also, it's good to see people are still interested.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2016, 01:14:11 am »

I am so, so sorry. School went nuts. And some Salamander Space Marines decided I was a heretic </warhammer 40k>. Anyway, got a semi-free weekend coming up. No promises though. But if I can get an update up sometime this weekend, I will.  :D

Also, it's good to see people are still interested.

Eh, I'm just picking on you.  Look at how "ambitious" I've been with my LP. 
Heh, my rule of thumb is: When it falls off the first page, it's time to update.  Works for an Egotist like me!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2016, 09:47:22 pm »

Fascinating as the story may be - and it is - I am personally more intrigued at this moment by the philosophical connotations of the Poll.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2016, 06:28:16 pm »

The Dubiously Competent Adventures of King Anarawd

Wales is back, baby.

It is 26 December, 891. I owe the Jewish bankers 350 ducats, and I'd like to clear that up as soon as possible. I have my chancellor fabricating claims on the county of Somerset, but the King of Wessex and I have about equal military strength. I'd have to hire mercenaries, and I have no cash for that. Also, I have a faction at 95% strength. I think the best course of action is to unpause for a year and bide our time.

April 892:
It's our son and heir Mihangel's 16th birthday! As a present, he gets to marry this. It is terrifying.

Worst birthday ever, I know. To make up for it, I give him some cash. I just feel so bad about making him marry her.

The two lovebirds get married. I collect 25 bucks cash.

February 893:
Well, Mihangel's wife is trying to kill me so her husband can ascend to the throne. I ask her to knock it the hell off. She does.

April 893:
I decide to go on a pilgrimage to Holy Jerusalem. Will this turn me into a closet atheist or a frothing fundie? Only time will tell.

Mihangel is left to run the show.

The Good Samaritan 2: Welsh Boogaloo. Kind will help with diplomacy, too.

We have arrived at mighty Jerusalem.

News from home! My little rebellious shit of a brother is DEAD! DEAD, DEAD, DEAD! AHAHAHA!  :D
I order his body to be preserved so I can desecrate it properly when I get home.

Knowledge, bitches.

Upon June 4th, 893, we returned from our pilgrimage.

Now, our truce with the last independent Welsh county, County Glamorgan, expires November of this year. A storm is coming for Glamorgan... Next update!

PROGRESS TODAY:
Found Jesus after walking across a desert full of Abbasid infidels. Married son off to some horrible Karling woman. Diplomacy now at a whole 2.

Cash: 109
Prestige: 1205
Piety: 281
Ruler age: 43
Heir age: 17
Vassals: All are happy except the rebel scum in prison, Mayor Douchecanoe, and some asshole sanctimonious Bishop who doesn't like the whole Judaisim thing. Or maybe he hates that I took advantage of a racial stereotype when I borrowed those 300 ducats. 3 out of 4 Bishops send the Pope cash, 1 sends it to me.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2016, 06:43:41 pm »

At least your son is a CK2 ruler, so it is kinda expected of him to cheat on his wife. Also, it is amazing that your ruler managed to get to Jerusalem and back in 2 months.

(How the hell do you restart a poll after it expires by the way? I want to know!)
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9