Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Roleplay or Straight Gameplay?

RP
Straight gameplay

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Let's Unify Britannia: House Aberffraw (CKII)  (Read 27567 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Wales (CKII)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 12:58:19 am »

I'd quite like you to forge ahead.
I'm skeptical of how bad the new patch really is.  Forge ahead so the rest of us can see!

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 11:05:59 am »

The adventures of King Rhodri

It is 11 November, 879. We need to rest and give the armies time to build up again before we start more wars.

I betroth people to ALL THE KARLINGS. No, seriously, I betroth someone to every Karling king in the world.

Another son. His name is Arfael.

Some drunk bastard blabs about my plan to kill the last holder of County Devon. Dammit.

Another daughter, named Elaine. Christ. How many kids do we have?!

The church makes me pay for something stupid. I have more cash than piety, so whatever.

My son Merfyn dies of pneumonia. On the one hand, that wrecks an alliance. On the other, one less person in the inevitable succession crisis.

Ah crap, Scotland formed. Let's not go for their balls just yet.

We have a claim on County Laigin, Ireland.

Vikings. Dealt with.

More Vikings. Dealt with.

I declare war for County Dyfed on the King of Deheubarth.

The first battle goes poorly, they catch one of our 91 stacks. I slap the shit out of them with the rest of my army immediately afterwards. Warscore 5%.

I am now Incapable. My son is regent of the realm. It's time for Rhodri to die. But how do we accomplish this? He's only in his 60s.

Wait, nevermind. King Rhodri died in his bed. Long live King Anarawd! Also,

NNNAAAUUUUGHH I HAD LIKE A GAZILLION PRESTIGE! NOW I HAVE 56! AND WE LOST THE FAKE CLAIM ON LAIGIN!

Anyway, the Deheubarthians raised another army to siege the capital, so I hire the Swiss Band to deal with them.

They get Shreked by a force half their size and run away to Devon.

Warscore is only at 18% because sieges are taking forever.

Also, we begin to build a FLYING MACHINE! MUAHAHA!

Alright, I hope the Swiss can be a bit more... competent this time.

Meldrick the Dung-Gatherer, Dogsbody, and Living Shout-out! Come forward to test my flying machine!

M-Meldrick? Are you okay? You sort of-plummetted off a cliff like a bag of rocks.

Ah, of course. He has a "cunning plan".

Also, the Swiss beat the snot out of the other Welsh guys.

Meldrick stole someone else's flying machine. I make him get in it and he hits the ground like a sack of rocks. I feel better knowing it wasn't just me. I gain 2 learning and fulfill an ambition. Excellent.

Siege 1 complete. Warscore: 48%.

Siege 2 complete, warscore 84%.

The war is complete. We now run the county of Dyfed. All the other Welsh states have been reduced to 1 county apiece. I'll put a break here, but I'm not gonna stop playing yet, so expect another update later today.

PROGRESS TODAY: 6/8 counties in De Jure Wales

Cash: 41
Prestige: 297
Piety: 134
Ruler age: 34
Heir age: 8
Vassals: 7/9 Happy, bishops send taxes to the Pope.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 12:08:50 pm »

The Adventures of King Anarawd

It is 10 January, 885. I'm again going to give the army and my treasury some time to build up and then deal with Cornwall.

My daughter is trying to kill me. Sigh. I jump on the bandwagon and start a plot to kill my annoying brother who wants my crown.

More Vikings to deal with. They are dealt with.

This ruler's reign really isn't going well. People everywhere are trying to kill us and everyone likes my brother better. Or at least well enough to not want to kill him. In fact, no one wants to kill anyone. Except me.

Right. We have enough cash and soldiers. War on Cornwall.

The Cornish army begins to siege Devon while I am still gathering my forces. No matter. We'll soon deal with them.

We slap the Cornish, but they have sent a regiment behind our lines! We march on Powys to destroy them.

Somehow they win. I suspect one of the Cornish to be a TACTICAL GENIUS.

I hit them again. We outnumber them 1.5:1. My army is STILL RIOTOUSLY INCOMPETENT. Maybe the Swiss will be a bit more useful.

The Swiss prove slightly competent and deal with our enemies.

Siege 1/3 complete. Warscore +19%.

Siege 2/3 complete. Warscore 81%.

Siege 3/3 complete. The war is over and we are Count of Cornwall. For a chaser, I create/usurp 2 duchies (Cornwall and Deheubarth) and give them to myself.

PROGRESS TODAY: County Cornwall, Duchies of Cornwall and Deheubarth
7/8 de jure Welsh counties

Cash: 18
Prestige: 735
Piety: 168
Ruler age: 39
Heir age: 12
Vassals: All of them hate me with a passion. When the hell did that happen? Probably when I tried to implement a new tax law. Shit.

Can King Anarawd survive a plot against his life by his own daughter and hatred by every vassal in the kingdom? Should we just switch to playing as his brother? Tune in to the next episode of Let's Unify Wales to see!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 12:11:32 pm »

Can I suggest maybe also including a list of titles that your character owns? Just for the sake of my curiousity.

This may be unfeasible later, if you go for a blob.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 12:12:42 pm »

Can I suggest maybe also including a list of titles that your character owns? Just for the sake of my curiousity.

Ninja stole my idea!  Everyone probably hates you because you have too many duchies.  See if you have any culture clashes as well.  Oh, and way to rock the ZERO diplomacy, dude.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 12:14:38 pm »

Ninja stole my idea!  Everyone probably hates you because you have too many duchies.  See if you have any culture clashes as well.  Oh, and way to rock the ZERO diplomacy, dude.

I never noticed that, was more interested in the 17 intrigue. I've always found that to be kind of unnecessary once you get beyond the level of Duke... but that could just be me, I don't indulge in skulduggery that much.

But yeah, that lack of diplomacy probably also has a MASSIVE EFFECT on everyone hating you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 12:39:04 pm »

Titles:
King of Brythoniad
Duke of Deheubarth, Cornwall, and Gwynedd
Count of Powys, Gwynedd, Dyfed, and Cornwall

A couple bishops are Breton, but no one who's landed is.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2016, 12:59:55 pm »

I think having more than 2 duchy titles gets you a relationship penalty with everyone (though it may only be if you have a higher title too...), and holding a duchy title, the de jure vassals (counts) usually want it, which has another penalty if you also have a higher tier title.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 01:04:51 pm »

I think having more than 2 duchy titles gets you a relationship penalty with everyone (though it may only be if you have a higher title too...), and holding a duchy title, the de jure vassals (counts) usually want it, which has another penalty if you also have a higher tier title.

-10 to opinion for every duchy over 2, so you're getting -10 with every vassal.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 10:33:30 am »

Just posting to say that I'm enjoying the dubious competence of the line of Welsh monarchy.  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 06:37:51 pm »

ALL RIGHT GENTLEMEN.

I just bought a metric fuckton of DLC on the Steam Chinese New Year sale:

Sons of Abraham
Legacy of Rome
Sunset Invasion
random music/face packs

So the question is:
Sunset Invasion or no Sunset Invasion? Because I know the fanbase opinion on that particular DLC is kind of...strong. So, poll.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 06:38:56 pm »

No.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 06:40:57 pm »

Yas.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 10:44:44 pm »

Since Sunset Invasion is the Mongol Invasion-equivalent for England: YES

Because you're not really the Emperor of Britannia until after you defeat the fictional invaders from across the sea.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 10:53:01 pm »

Wouldn't you have to start again to activate it?

It's 400yrs off anyways... ish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9