Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Poke  (Read 35199 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Poke
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2016, 10:41:54 pm »

could the basic laser rifle be weilded one handed if mounted along the wrist with a modifided trigger system and the use is in an exoskeleton?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2016, 12:10:39 pm »

1.Can you (or anybody else reading this) think of a way to electrify the solidlight javelins that doesn't require ammo?  I'd try an automated elemental infuser as someone else recommended, but that has a limited battery.

2.Can you tell us what the stat requirements are for the Solid Light Matter Generator?  The wiki just says +? uncon, +? mind.

3.Lastly, do you want to be the person who decides the number of shapes the automated SLMG can have pre-loaded?  I'm currently asking the council, because this sounds more like a balance issue, but I figure I might as well double check with you.

1. A shag carpet and a lot of shuffling.
2.I don't think I gave it any.
3. Hmmm....I'd say between 5-10. But I'd like some council feedback. Regardless, it seems like a number that is big enough to be useful but not big enough to be always useful.

uh, so basically make it so that their consciousness inhabits a small object in their body rather then the body itself? Sort of like a video game enemy "Core", where it won't die unless you shoot that?
Yep, though obviously disabling their body would still be possible.
That would technically be possible, yes. At least the part I was talking about.
Could the cores be mass-produced and be made capable of acting like shock-implants? Would having one inside a fully human body interfere with demigod touch?

Do elemental infusers work on Ids?

You can't shock them is the thing. You could shock their BODY, but they would remain perfectly aware and conscious. Which means they could also still be infected with psychic or memetic things. Yeah.

Probably, but I wouldn't recommend it.

can you clarify how much the grappling hook costs, and as to why it is so expensive?
Do we even sell a grappling hook? If it's just a normal grappling hook it should be free.

Could I make interlocking shapes with a pair of Solid Light Matter Generators, so that a pair of identical creations could be interlocking halves of the intended result?
Yeah.

Thanks!  Another quick question, if you don't mind.  Do you remember what syvarris' gift from Christmas 2013 does, or does it need a regen? 

Here is the description: "A strange machine; It's quite large, maybe three feet wide and 2 tall with a square central section and two circular lobes coming out of either side. The only controls are a button and a knob with numbers 1 to 10."

Jesus, christmas 2013. Lemme check. Nope, no idea.

Controlling shark-nanites with exo skill? Eg, could a rudimentary device (MMI with some sort of communication device, maybe) allow rudimentary control over them?
Sharkmist is controlled by internal programming, not external guidance. You'll wanna use the sand bag.

could the basic laser rifle be weilded one handed if mounted along the wrist with a modifided trigger system and the use is in an exoskeleton?
Sure.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2016, 12:49:55 pm »

Assume we set an automated force infuse to really really powerful. Then only charge it a bit and pull trigger. What happens? Does it fire with what power it has, or do nothing?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2016, 01:16:18 pm »

sorry "grappling gun" I guess

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2016, 04:58:55 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2016, 09:51:12 am »

Radio Controlled says that Pocket Dimension controllers work with line of sight and that you can buy extra controllers. Do you know much do extra controllers cost?

If the controller works with line of sight, does that mean it's point-and-click? Does that make the controller something like a conventional weapon?

Is any skill like Auxiliary or Unconventional or Exotic needed to change the parameters of the inside of the pocket dimension? Can it be done through the remote or is it only possible before a mission?

How much can the inside of the pocket dimension be controlled? Can you use it to create objects or can you only change its shape and physical constants?

How much can you change physical constants? Could you go to such extremes such as the surface of the sun or compete lack of nuclear forces? Can you use that offensively? For example, creating extreme gravity inside the pocket dimension and then opening it to create an instant black hole?

Sorry if I'm making you repeat this info, but if Radio Controlled doesn't post this information somewhere publicly so that it can be added to the wiki, it's hard to know what's true and what's not.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:29:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2016, 12:20:35 pm »

I am going to put all the info on the wiki once I find the time to actually dig through the ol' pm inbox and organize the info a little. Sheesh.

For now, I can say you only get 1, but you can buy more controllers (when did I say I got 2 on purchase? I have 2, but had to buy 1 extra). Dimension parameters can be changed, but if you wanna do that on mission you need to contact Steve (they can only be changed at the machine itself) and it takes time depending on the extent of the changes. Don't think it needs a skill roll.

Most of the other questions are things I don't really know either, so you can leave those up.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2016, 04:13:50 pm »

Since pimp sods are possible, is it possible to train them to take an input direction and force and make a mass of pimpanium move in the specified direction with the specified force? Yes, I am trying to make brain-powered Mk IIIs using pimpanium.

Alternatively, is is possible for them to just be trained to keep a bit of pimpanium deforming in a constant thrusting motion like some sort of rapid-shivving device?

Can sods use Id Manifesters? If so, are we able to condition them towards developing Ids with specific abilities?

Can Id Manifestaters be modified so that the Id uses something as a scaffold so the user can just sort of direct it as an object and their Id becomes overlayed ontop of it, trading offensive options and mobility for better support functionality?

Can weapon systems be embedded inside Id Manifestations? What about people, you know, for "safe transport"?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:46:11 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2016, 03:58:05 pm »

Whoops sorry wrong thread reposting to tinker.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:16:43 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2016, 10:25:30 am »

Assume we set an automated force infuse to really really powerful. Then only charge it a bit and pull trigger. What happens? Does it fire with what power it has, or do nothing?
Tries to fire the power you set and when it doesn't have that power it often either goes unstable or can violently draw potential and kinetic energy out of the area.

sorry "grappling gun" I guess
I don't even remember a grappling gun, though it seems a bit out of date with so many people having jetpacks. Whatever, we'll sell it for 2 tokens.

If I remember right it's a modified gauss gun actually....I think I remember that much, which would explain the cost.

Radio Controlled says that Pocket Dimension controllers work with line of sight and that you can buy extra controllers. Do you know much do extra controllers cost?

If the controller works with line of sight, does that mean it's point-and-click? Does that make the controller something like a conventional weapon?

Is any skill like Auxiliary or Unconventional or Exotic needed to change the parameters of the inside of the pocket dimension? Can it be done through the remote or is it only possible before a mission?

How much can the inside of the pocket dimension be controlled? Can you use it to create objects or can you only change its shape and physical constants?

How much can you change physical constants? Could you go to such extremes such as the surface of the sun or compete lack of nuclear forces? Can you use that offensively? For example, creating extreme gravity inside the pocket dimension and then opening it to create an instant black hole?

Sorry if I'm making you repeat this info, but if Radio Controlled doesn't post this information somewhere publicly so that it can be added to the wiki, it's hard to know what's true and what's not.

I forget exactly but it was like 2-3 tokens

it's kind of point and click but no, it's not a conventional weapon.

Aux is, I believe, though you need to be at the big central machine to do it, can't do it from afar. Though you could get a player on the ship to do it for you.

Basically totally, but things created there have limited ability to leave that dimension. They tend to fall apart rather quickly.

Yes, you could. You have basically total control though I'll urge you to remember that creating a black hole level gravitational force on a planet surface will probably just kill you and everyone else as well. Plus it would also probably cause the portal to go unstable and collapse.

Since pimp sods are possible, is it possible to train them to take an input direction and force and make a mass of pimpanium move in the specified direction with the specified force? Yes, I am trying to make brain-powered Mk IIIs using pimpanium.

Alternatively, is is possible for them to just be trained to keep a bit of pimpanium deforming in a constant thrusting motion like some sort of rapid-shivving device?

Can sods use Id Manifesters? If so, are we able to condition them towards developing Ids with specific abilities?

Can Id Manifestaters be modified so that the Id uses something as a scaffold so the user can just sort of direct it as an object and their Id becomes overlayed ontop of it, trading offensive options and mobility for better support functionality?

Can weapon systems be embedded inside Id Manifestations? What about people, you know, for "safe transport"?

Eh, maybe, but not terribly well.

this seems like a very expensive, convoluted system when guns exist. Or even just mechanical systems. Nice piston with a sharp stick on the end.

No.

No.

depends. I mean, Auron's treasure dragon could certainly transport someone by swallowing them.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2016, 12:04:54 pm »

Could you feel the lurkers emotions with the empathetic gland and would your mind remain intact if you can read them also percentage chance of seducing the lurker need to know if their open for shipping.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2016, 04:07:52 pm »

Wasn't there some sort of Containment Gun, or do I misremember?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2016, 05:28:34 pm »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2016, 05:30:54 pm »

Er, yeah, I wanted that, not the Solid Light Protection Field.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:37:33 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2016, 05:37:31 pm »

1: Can I glue a matter saver to a containment gun to make a gravity gun that can launch things?

Tries to fire the power you set and when it doesn't have that power it often either goes unstable or can violently draw potential and kinetic energy out of the area.
2: How does violently absorbing potential energy work and how can we weaponize it?

3: Is it possible to make a sword-shaped White Mask so that we can stab things and then possess them?
Is the definition of "body" that the White Mask uses loose enough that we can just staple a bunch of corpses together and use that a body?

4: How sharp can we get Hexbug using relatively cheap methods?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:37:41 am by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16