Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A snow storm has come!  (Read 1094 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
A snow storm has come!
« on: August 29, 2008, 01:54:39 am »

What's this mean? Do I need to get my dwarves inside? It's winter, and I'm worried they're gonna get frostbite. It's snowing something fierce outside.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: A snow storm has come!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:56:35 am »

In winter, instead of raining it will snow. Snowing has very similar effects to rain, but instead of leaving "wet" squares, it will cover outdoor tiles with snow, including frozen pond tiles. "A snowstorm has arrived", is the message you receive when getting a snowstorm. In the event of a snowstorm, snow will slowly cover the surface the map with snow, and any dwarf caught in one may get an unhappy thought from it.

Snowstorms will occur in winter on temperate to freezing maps.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:57:28 am »

Ah, okay, nothing serious then. Thanks.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 04:01:36 am »

If it was something serious, it would rock.  As it is it is just a "Ho-hum.  The world is doing stuff."
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:02:48 am »

Hopefully when the clothing arc is more fleshed out, heavy clothes will be required for dwarves to survive outside. Still, the snowing is just groundwork for more things to come.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:38:57 am »

Hopefully when the clothing arc is more fleshed out, heavy clothes will be required for dwarves to survive outside. Still, the snowing is just groundwork for more things to come.

Yeah this would require dwarves to realise when they need heavy cloths and when they don't. So you could for instans have a room with thick cloths by the door and thin ones and they would realise what temperature they are heading into.
Just imagine a blacksmith striping his cloths due to the heat from the forge. Scary... "Hey Urist McNudist, we don't want to see your cave spider silk thong!!!"
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?