Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 21229 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk (3/6)
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 11:56:23 pm »

Sorry, I've been modifying the first post a bit to improve the presentation. Your artifact needs some sort of "Intent," which is basically a philisophical concept that gives a bonus to some actions, but gives an even harsher penalty to actions that contradict that intent.

See inaluct's excellent character for a number of examples.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk (3/6)
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 10:42:05 am »

Sorry, I've been modifying the first post a bit to improve the presentation. Your artifact needs some sort of "Intent," which is basically a philisophical concept that gives a bonus to some actions, but gives an even harsher penalty to actions that contradict that intent.

See inaluct's excellent character for a number of examples.
It's intent is generally wild experimentation with biological substances, an attempt to create a better creature than it started with.
Of course, if it discovers that a creature is flawed, or it makes a mistake which compromised the survival of it, it will melt it's test subject as a way of euthanasia. It is learning how to modify as effectively as possible without mistakes.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk (5/6)
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 10:58:27 am »

Hooooooo boy.

I'm coming back to this.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:09:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 01:47:08 pm »

Ah, a little too late as I couldn't make time to read it enough :)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 01:48:54 pm »

If you get a sheet in before me, go for it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 05:47:55 pm »

It's not FCFS, so you're welcome to make a sheet. (Yes, that means I'll kick the person with my least favorite sheet :()

One of the characters posted is forcing me to rewrite the introduction I had planned after the escape, so I'm not in any hurry to start.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:50:16 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 05:55:53 pm »

It's not FCFS, so you're welcome to make a sheet. (Yes, that means I'll kick the person with my least favorite sheet :()

One of the characters posted is forcing me to rewrite the introduction I had planned after the escape, so I'm not in any hurry to start.
My fault, I guess?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 09:37:13 pm »

Will make sheet.

Name: Alex Raman
Appearance/Race: A dark man of above average height. His hair is short and black. His eyes are a dark brown, almost appearing to be black. He has a 'rough' appearance, and has multiple scars.

Bio: Alex was a normal guy, who happened to be down on his luck. He just also happened to be a spellcaster. He had a short time in the military, but left quickly. He was recruited into a rather large gang, where his skills would be useful. Alex was at first happy to be earning money somehow. The artifact he used in his spellcraft was even encouraged by harming people. Alex, however, felt bad about harming people who probably didn't deserve it. Still, he wanted power and money, and this was his opportunity. He decided to leave the gang, eventually, however. The gang was taken down quickly. Though, he was charged and found guilty for a crime he knew he didn't commit: High treason. This enraged Alex. He knew he didn't commit the crime, and he questioned why he even cared about people. Is it right to harm people who don't care? Who don't matter?

Skill: Spell control 6, spell proficiency 6, 2 strength, 5 agility, 1 predator, 1 observation.
Artifacts: Pendant of Pain: (+3, -6) A golden chain allowing the user to manipulate psychic and telekinetic abilities. It gains a +3 for destructive and 'evil' actions, and a -6 for selfless and actions considered 'good' for no reason.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:58:41 am by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 09:36:51 pm »

My fault, I guess?

Oh nono, there's nothing wrong with yours. It's just that some of the powers previous characters have are going to affect the game somewhat.

I'm currently writing up the all-characters portion of turn 0, so there's still time to join/modify characters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk (Sign-ups open)
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2016, 10:44:51 pm »

Still working, by the way.
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk (Sign-ups closed, waitlist open)
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »

I'm planning to start this soon. I'm busy for most of today, so I'll give everyone (basically TheBiggerFish and lawas) until tonight to finish sheets. Then I'll post the first turn.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 03:15:33 pm »

Why does everything happen tonight...
I have RL stuff in the way.
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2016, 06:49:13 pm »

Well, you have 8 hours or so. Is that enough time?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 07:29:29 pm »

Nooot really unless I'm extremely lucky.
Half of that would be sleeping.
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 07:39:12 pm »

Nooot really unless I'm extremely lucky.
Half of that would be sleeping.

Well, is this going to be a regular occurrence or is it just today? If it's regular I'm afraid you won't be able to interact with other players very much.
I'll write up posts for both your character and Yourmaster's tonight. Then I'll choose tomorrow in about 16-20 hours. Is that fine?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16