Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 21260 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 3 (2/5)
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2016, 04:24:00 pm »

Add my four to my sixteen, but do not use my free pick (which should have regenerated given that last turn I didn't use one) to choose the 20, instead just allow the 20 to be consumed without giving me a miniquest.

If I have to make a second roll apply my free pick to 'chose' the second 20 in my queue. I won't want two 20's to slip by without getting a single miniquest.

"Thank you sir!" Raioyris says with a warm smile to the guard that spotted him but let him through. The guards here sure are nice. I won't be stopping for food though, I must learn what those who have bee prodding and probing my flesh have learned.

Enter research room and plead for the research personnel to let me see the data (and any literature they have generated) they have collected about my artifact. This action could potentially interrupt Turaco's action, sparring him the consequences of that 4 at the front of his queue. ((If let me read the data could I hear about the mechanics my power will have?))

"Sirs, please. You must help me, I have for long slept and labored in near darkness listening to the whispers of a voice born out of, though not native to, my mind. Those years have left me with but a single question: What am I? What is this presence felt so strongly in my mind? I beg of you, answer please."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:01:54 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »

Archibald would mumble an "Uh oh" and start righting himself in his suit. The seal had been compromised, meaning that even with the filter built into his suit, chances are the poor sod is infected with megaInfluenza. Either that, or there was a high enough dose of spores clogging the filter to mess the poor sod up. Either way, he needed to get them to a medical ward ASAP. If the guard would let him, he would quickly start assisting them in the direction of it, or at the very least the research station.
(Do I get a miniquest? or two?)

(You have to use free pick to get a miniquest for a 20. You didn't have any at the time. You have one now though.

It's supposed to balance out the fact that you can basically build 20's using the combination mechanics.)
Really? I thought that it was the other way around- you had to get a natural 20 for a mini-quest.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2016, 05:29:29 pm »

Archibald would mumble an "Uh oh" and start righting himself in his suit. The seal had been compromised, meaning that even with the filter built into his suit, chances are the poor sod is infected with megaInfluenza. Either that, or there was a high enough dose of spores clogging the filter to mess the poor sod up. Either way, he needed to get them to a medical ward ASAP. If the guard would let him, he would quickly start assisting them in the direction of it, or at the very least the research station.
(Do I get a miniquest? or two?)

(You have to use free pick to get a miniquest for a 20. You didn't have any at the time. You have one now though.

It's supposed to balance out the fact that you can basically build 20's using the combination mechanics.)
Really? I thought that it was the other way around- you had to get a natural 20 for a mini-quest.

(No, you just have to roll it in an action with a free pick. I changed the rules before the game started because I thought it could be abused.
My reasoning is that this way players won't be encouraged to string together 7 or more actions just to fish for 20's in a single turn, thus gaining an advantage over the others. Not that I don't trust players not to abuse the system, I just don't like systems that can be abused.

This also has to do with dice that are randomly positioned such as your own. You could string together multiple actions yourself and get a 20 when you didn't have any previous 20's, since yours are fully random. In other words, you don't even need to reduce your dice count or string together that many actions. You could just go fishing casually. So there's that.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »

((Say, are we waiting on people?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2016, 05:35:50 pm »

((Yes, but I have to go somewhere and i can't roll atm.
I am informed of HEN's schedule, which may make it difficult for him to reply right away when I roll. So there's that.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2016, 05:54:54 pm »

4 12 10 20 20 10

Combine the 4 and 10 to form a 14.

Then follow Rayoris to the lab and observe the situation in the lab. If Turaco is in serious danger, then intervene on his behalf. If not, then sneak over through the other hallway.

Oh goodness, the slave is here too? And he's going to the lab? This could get ugly very quickly. Although it is a chance to finally see whether or not he's a true danger.

((Yeah, in the time between roll 1 and roll 2 where I was skipped, I had no chance to even check the site, much less post an action.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:16:07 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2016, 06:16:23 pm »

4 12 10 20 20 10

Combine the 4 and 10 to form a 16.

Then follow Rayoris to the lab and observe the situation in the lab. If Turaco is in serious danger, then intervene on his behalf. If not, then sneak over through the other hallway.

Oh goodness, the slave is here too? And he's going to the lab? This could get ugly very quickly. Although it is a chance to finally see whether or not he's a true danger.

((Yeah, in the time between roll 1 and roll 2 where I was skipped, I had no chance to even check the site, much less post an action.))
Sir, you failed math. 4+10 = 14. you would need a 2 in order to do that. what you Wanted to do was combine 4 +12.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2016, 07:20:46 pm »

Violaceous Turaco pauses mid-dramatic pose to look around the room, assessing the tactical situation. Seeing the woman brandishing a fountain pen at him, he reaches out and arms himself from the materials available on her desk (4) and holds his new weapon (or new office supply, rather) up to the towel and attempts to bluff the occupants of the room, (11) relying on his natural charisma, flair for the dramatic, and dashing entry through the door.

"Step back! I have the towel! One step closer and I'll rip a hole in it and this entire ship will go down in flames! I'm warning you!"

If the people in the room are sufficiently concerned and do not take any action, Violaceous Turaco continues, his cape secretly hoping that some of these people watched his televised shootouts, (17)

"You can have the towel. I'll give it back to you. All I want in return is my cape, a week's worth of food and water, and a shuttle. You can look up my file. I'm Violaceous Turaco. I'm not dangerous. In fact, you'd be doing the world a favor by letting me out."

If the people in the room are not sufficiently concerned about Violaceous Turaco threatening to rip up what he claims is a magic towel and attempt to attack him or alert others, he disarms and incapacitates them in the flashiest non permanently damaging way he can think of. (17) Think standing arm bars and hip tosses into the camera, crushing it. Maybe throw something through the glass around the altar like object, if the opportunity presents itself.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:42:20 pm by inaluct »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2016, 07:56:29 pm »

Violaceous Turaco pauses mid-dramatic pose to look around the room, assessing the tactical situation. Seeing the woman brandishing a fountain pen at him, he reaches out and arms himself from the materials available on her desk (4) and holds his new weapon (or new office supply, rather) up to the towel and attempts to bluff the occupants of the room, (11) relying on his natural charisma, flair for the dramatic, and dashing entry through the door.

"Step back! I have the towel! One step closer and I'll rip a hole in it and this entire ship will go down in flames! I'm warning you!"

If the people in the room are sufficiently concerned and do not take any action, Violaceous Turaco continues, his cape secretly hoping that some of these people watched his televised shootouts, (17)

"You can have the towel. I'll give it back to you. All I want in return is my cape, a week's worth of food and water, and a shuttle. You can look up my file. I'm Violaceous Turaco. I'm not dangerous. In fact, you'd be doing the world a favor by letting me out."

If the people in the room are not sufficiently concerned about Violaceous Turaco threatening to rip up what he claims is a magic towel and attempt to attack him or alert others, he disarms and incapacitates them in the flashiest non permanently damaging way he can think of. (17) Think standing arm bars and hip tosses into the camera, crushing it. Maybe throw something through the glass around the altar like object, if the opportunity presents itself.

That yellow text is basically impossible to read.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2016, 08:13:55 pm »

((You must be using defaultDarklingMasterRace.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2016, 01:17:52 am »

4 12 10 20 20 10

Combine the 4 and 10 to form a 16.

Sir, you failed math. 4+10 = 14. you would need a 2 in order to do that. what you Wanted to do was combine 4 +12.
((Your right, I failed at math. It should be 14. I'm trying to use the 12 now to keep a 14 in standby.))
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2016, 03:33:37 am »

Turn 4

Look innocent, then sucker-taser all of the remaining guards. If any of them live, charge into them before they can fire their tasers and pin them against the wall (getting hit with a taser penalizes your wrestling rolls, right?).

(This takes place chronologically before Archie's action)

[Combat: 17] You nail the next one in the skull. (Defense: 3) He slumps over, dead. Hey! You're getting the hang of this!
[Combat: 10] You nail a second one. (Defense: 9) He gets stunned, and falls to the floor. He might not be dead though. You hit him in the shoulder.

The third guard sees you firing, and shoots back in response.
(Combat + Guard Training: 10+2) He hits you! [Defense: 15] Your body mass absorbs the shock, even at max setting. You wonder how that happened. (You got a 20 in your queue)

[Combat: 16] You finish off the last one, (Defense: 1) Killing him as well. Well, that was a hell of a pushover.

The guard from the hallway is coming back, wielding his weapon, wading through prisoners though not yet firing. The guard at Archie's cell seems to be passed out.

(If you didn't notice, I inverted the accuracy profile for the pistol. I derped and thought that I was using the same system as my other game. I also nerfed its close-range slightly, but it doesn't effect you right now--the action would be the same regardless)

Dice queue (You have one 20, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
Body Slam: Pin one guard such that his action modifiers are -20. (Reward: If you wrestle multiple people at once, you now use the lowest defense roll for all of them.)

Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Add my four to my sixteen, but do not use my free pick (which should have regenerated given that last turn I didn't use one) to choose the 20, instead just allow the 20 to be consumed without giving me a miniquest.

If I have to make a second roll apply my free pick to 'chose' the second 20 in my queue. I won't want two 20's to slip by without getting a single miniquest.

"Thank you sir!" Raioyris says with a warm smile to the guard that spotted him but let him through. The guards here sure are nice. I won't be stopping for food though, I must learn what those who have bee prodding and probing my flesh have learned.

Enter research room and plead for the research personnel to let me see the data (and any literature they have generated) they have collected about my artifact. This action could potentially interrupt Turaco's action, sparring him the consequences of that 4 at the front of his queue. ((If let me read the data could I hear about the mechanics my power will have?))

"Sirs, please. You must help me, I have for long slept and labored in near darkness listening to the whispers of a voice born out of, though not native to, my mind. Those years have left me with but a single question: What am I? What is this presence felt so strongly in my mind? I beg of you, answer please."

(Note: This happens chronologically AFTER inaluct's roll)

You enter a calm room with a studying scientist who's studying, a silent clerk being silent, and a hazardous man in a lab suit, handling something hazardous.
The scientist seems to be grinning subtly, as is the clerk.

The clerk stands up when she sees you.
Clerk: There's a jailbreak...
You: Sirs, please. You must help me, I have for long slept and labored in near darkness listening to the whispers of a voice born out of, though not native to, my mind. Those years have left me with but a single question: What am I? What is this presence felt so strongly in my mind? I beg of you, answer please.

The man in the hazardsuit seems to sigh and just carries his stuff over to the lab, which is just ahead. There is another door to the right of this room, labelled OFFICES.

The scientist fturns.
Scientist: Show him. He's the one threatening us, anyway.
Clerk: Threatening...? But he's unarmed.
Scientist: Check his file.

She takes one look at the data they have on you, and then throws herself back on her office chair, rolling to the wall dumbfounded.
That leaves the computer open.
Spoiler: Raioyris' File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Archie's File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arthur's File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alex's File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arthur Denton's File (click to show/hide)

Dice queue (1 free picks): 20 2 11 1 15
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice three more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

4 12 10 20 20 10

Combine the 4 and 10 to form a 14.

Raioyris seems to have frightened the clerk, who let him use the computer.

The scientist seems to recognize you.
Scientist: Hey, you're that guy they framed...
He walks closer.
Scientist: What's going on, did you guys take over or something? Why are the guards striking if...

You also have access to the files below after Raioyris is done using them. If he doesn't finish using the computer, then you don't have access to these files.

Spoiler: Raioyris' File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Archie's File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arthur's File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alex's File (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arthur Denton's File (click to show/hide)

Dice queue (1 free picks): 12 10 20 20 14

[Close-Quarters-Combat + Infantry Combat: 4+4+1] You grab and equip yourself with one of the most feared implements of destruction in the whole office: An electric staper. Flinging it around like some sort of monstrous nunchuck, you perform several tricks with it before smacking yourself in the arm with it. [Constitution: 1]

...ouch.

[Charisma: 11+2] They believe it! Stepping back, with their hands up, the three occupants line up against the walls to their respective backs. It worked!

Scientist: The cape is in the hazardous materials storage. You can go get it. It's in the lockers to the right. They're all unlocked.

[Dramatic Situation: 17+3] You feel the tension in the air as you enter the storage room, filled with rows upon rows of toxic cylinders full of noxious poisons and volatile chemicals no man can breath and still live. Trapped on a starship alone, without comrades, in the pitch dark of space... and now you're just about to make your escape.
You find the locker. This is it. You feel the handle.

[Drama: 17+3] ...It's locked. Does that mean that the scientist was...

...a lying half-orc?

You hear a hissing sound. The air vents on the ceiling slam shut, and you notice bulkheads sealing rapidly over the door you came from.
Suddenly a powder fills the air. You know better than to inhale it, but you'll only be able to hold your breath for so long. You have to act fast.

There's a curtained-off area in the back corner of the room. Further back, there's a doorway to a utility closet and another doorway that leads to the "Atmospheric Lab." There are many tanks of chemicals and gases on the shelves in the room though. You'll probably be able to find something that can help.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 6 7 16 16 10
Miniquests:
Dramatic Entrance: Subdue all who have been alerted by your presence. Non-lethally. (Reward: You are now unable to kill people unintentionally, unless you roll a 20)

Unconfortable Guard: Just go on... without me... ugh...
The guard falls to the floor, trembling.

[Stealth: 20] Some of the other guards start acting the same way as the first one as you walk past them with the leaking oxygen tank. A most strange occurrence.

You find yourself in the infirmary, halfway down the hall to the cafeteria. Inside there is a nurse cowering in the corner with a knife. When you approach her, she points it at you, telling you to stay back.

Dice queue (2 free picks): 3 6 15 19 6 15 2

...Right.

Open the towel back up.

Remove dice.  Put in a pocket.

Cover face.

You open the towel and the dice fall out.

Very. Carefully. You put them in your pocket. Wait, your prison jumpsuit doesn't have one. You don't remember it having one, at least...
[20] Somehow it does have a pocket. Huh, maybe you just didn't notice it before.

Suddenly you feel your new pocket burning. You remove the dice, almost searing your hand in the process, and realize that half the dice are now red. Not red-hot, just red. They apparently don't like being held in pockets.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?]r [?] [?] [?]r [?] 10r

Wait in the queue, I guess.

[20] You wait in line. Exceptionally.

In fact, the experience is so excruciatingly boring that you dislocate one of your shoulder joints while stretching idly.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 6 4 1 15 20 11

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 4 (2/6)
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2016, 07:00:58 am »

Look at the red dice.  See if there's anything different about them.  You know, other than their color.

Inspect the contents of my pocket, just in case.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:06:38 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2016, 09:20:13 am »

(Use a 15)archibald would respect the nurse's space, and calmly try to explain the situation.
"I'm sorry nurse, but there are people out there in need of medical attention, possibly quarantine. Please go get some biohazard gear on, and help me get the situation under control!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2016, 03:14:06 pm »

Taser that new guard, belly flop onto the unconscious one (use my 20, completing my mini-quest), kill the unconcious guard, and loot a new taser and a needlegun (and some ammo for each) from the dead guards.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:16:06 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16