Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [MODS_GONE_WRONG]  (Read 11761 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODS_GONE_WRONG]
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 04:47:12 pm »

One modding exploit I remember particularly well was integrating kobolds into regular society. However, I forgot to remove [UTTERANCES], which would cause you to be swarmed every time you visited a kobold town. What I found interesting is that they would still join necro towers. One of them I checked in Legends, and he apparently tried to apprentice with every necro in the tower, but fail because they couldn't communicate. Eventually Bubin the kobold necromancer got fed up with this and became apprentice to himself. I still have no idea how that happened.
This happens in the current Vanilla version, with plump helmet men.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 05:20:02 pm »

I've been working on a small mod for my own pleasure for some time now. I've added a couple of new civilizations and civ-specific weapons etc. I transported it from the previous version to the latest and made new entity files just for better organisation. I accidentially pasted one civ twice which lead to an indexing error..

..which resulted in quite messed up civilizations. Dwarves were humans, humans elves, kobolds were gremlins etc. I believe this is nothing new to anyone who has messed up with raws. But as I had some added races, some got replaced by quite peculiar creatures. There were a few civilizations which had their villages filled up with.. wolverines! I laughed at it and then began to search what was wrong. I fixed the raws, but then I couldn't resist the thought that I had a world with wolverines running a civilization, so I gave it a try in adventure mode. Naturally, I chose to be a wolverine.

Apparently, the life of a wolverine is hard as hell..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There were many other wolverines around, but no way to communicate. I also managed to get out of the house, and realized afterwards that there's something else a wolverine cannot do.. open doors! I got out just because one of the other wolverines had spawned on the same tile as one of the doors, which was open because of it. Then I left, the door closed, no way back in. And no way out for the others. So for a wolverine, it's either stay in forever, or stay out forever. Quite horrible, I'd say. Obviously a wolverine doesn't have an inventory either.

A wolverine is also unable to grasp anything at all. That makes basic things such as eating and drinking much more complicated. But apparently a wolverine can access a well, and raise and lower the bucket.
The water was frozen though. So I made a campfire. Naturally, a wolverine can make a campfire. But then, I couldn't haul any of the frozen water from the bucket, as yet again, a wolverine doesn't have a grasp.

I began travelling, until I realized the futility of it. I retired the poor thing at another village. Then I investigated things a bit with Legends Viewer.

Here's some demographics:

Here's some details of a wolverine civilization, which isn't doing very well:

They've also engaged in warfare:
For creatures who can't take hold of things and open doors, they did quite well in this battle. Although they lost. Actually, I couldn't find any battle which would've been won by the wolverines..

And that quite much sums up it all. That's the tale of a sad furball and his never to be seen again friends who are trapped in houses for eternity, until someone comes and slaughters them.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »

Sounds like quite a depressing story to put on a page, huh? Huh? :D

*runs away
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 01:25:42 pm »

*waves broom at previous poster*

I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 04:57:24 pm »

Sounds like quite a depressing story to put on a page, huh? Huh? :D

*runs away
Well, it did push the end of the page a few scrolls down!

* Waves a +wooden sign+ containing a joke. The sign is blank. *

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 12:14:04 pm »

This is still alive? im impressed.... can i have the civilized wolverine raws? C: ill make em better..... *preparing arena mode*
Pages: 1 2 [3]