Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [MODS_GONE_WRONG]  (Read 11768 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: [MODS_GONE_WRONG]
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 07:13:46 am »

ptw

I might also do some screwing with duped raws and see what travesties I can share.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 09:58:09 am »

A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 10:27:52 am »

I use Unread Replies
thincake

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 11:15:48 am »

ptw
there's a notify button.

It's nice to show support for a thread though, even if you don't have anything to contribute except the bump a ptw provides.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 10:06:20 pm »

Sorry for the lack of screenshots, but this happened years ago and all the files for this are long gone. I also don't know if this is really "gone wrong" but I remember trying to make dragons an intelligent playable race. The "problem/success" started when I didn't take their megabeast tag away so the entire civilization was prone to go on genocidal rampages resulting in every dragon city being an eternal death arena with tens of thousands of kills happening per century.

The zenith of it occurred when I looked at the dragon civ's king in legends.

The king of dragons in a 500 year old world was a vampire, the king since about year 20, was being worshipped as a god by virtually all civilizations and had a personal kill count of over 50,000. Five thousand of those kills were other dragons, most in the city that was the capital he ruled from.

I looked at his family and discovered the badassery didn't end with him. Prior to becoming a vampire he had about 12 kids in the 50 or so years he was still "mortal," one of which who continued to survive into the age of 400 was also being worshiped by multiple civs with a kill count somewhere in the thousands. His wife left him a few years after he became a vampire and spent the next 400 years roaming the wilderness hunting almost exclusively giant animals in savage biomes.

The cherry on top was his name. It was something like Amok or Arnok, whatever it was I remember it was disturbingly close to Armok. A single tag oversight had apparently created the second cousin of Armok.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 06:38:59 am »

You should try and recreate that, then share the results

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 09:52:14 am »

One modding exploit I remember particularly well was integrating kobolds into regular society. However, I forgot to remove [UTTERANCES], which would cause you to be swarmed every time you visited a kobold town. What I found interesting is that they would still join necro towers. One of them I checked in Legends, and he apparently tried to apprentice with every necro in the tower, but fail because they couldn't communicate. Eventually Bubin the kobold necromancer got fed up with this and became apprentice to himself. I still have no idea how that happened.

The other fail I had was me messing around with dust-breathing creatures. The syndrome they had was near-instant unconsciousness. However, they weren't immune to it themselves, which led to them blasting themselves into the stratosphere, and promptly falling back down and exploding into chunky salsa.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 09:56:48 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 10:36:28 am »

PTW

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2016, 10:42:22 am »

PTW
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 11:53:55 am »

You should try and recreate that, then share the results

It wasn't a very complicated mod. About the only thing I did was make the dragon intelligent, put grasps on their front limbs and give them a copy of the dwarven civilization in the entity raws. The one thing that might be key, other than keeping the megabeast tag, is that I was using the old 34.11 version. I might have also made them have max strength in the creature raws by default because, despite my efforts, they always wanted to wear clothes, but they're so big the clothes they had weighed hundreds of units and slowed them down to a crawl.

I eventually gave up on the mod since the young dragons were so tiny for so many years that their attempts to wear clothes ended with them stuck in place under tons of clothing. Only the oldest of dragons could wear clothing without getting stuck and still there were speed issues.

I do remember it being very consistent with that kind of result, though. I had multiple worlds all with death arena cities and the majority winding up with genocidal vampire dragon rulers.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2016, 12:51:36 am »

I modded dragons to be intelligent and have an entity(a copy-paste of the dwarven entity), though not to have a grasp since that is beyond my modding abilitys(i am fairly new at this modding bussiness). I then genned a world a created a human adventurer, i then went and visited a dragon hillocks, where i was promptly vaporised before having a chance to speak to them. I also started an embark with dragons, which was a rather strange experince. I was unable to see their thoughts and they showed up on the units screen as livestock rather than citizens, but they could still join squads and follow orders, though not do work due to their lack of a grasp.
Screenshots of the results
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heres a link to the world on the dffd http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11725

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:12 am »

Obviously civilized genocidal dragons are best dragons. PTW for more hilarity and modding ideas.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2016, 06:01:12 am »

Dragon gelder - now there's a title worthy of heroïsm. Chap walks up to dragons, gelds them the fuck cockless and just ups sticks and leaves. See ya, x♂x dragon
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 01:42:29 pm »

I once modded Phlogistinite, which i had planned to be a normal enough material until you hit it with force greater than your average pickaxe swing. What really happened was my entire plot of land exploded and glitched into the void 2 seconds after spawn. I was looking forward too explosive crossdorfs too. It was actually quite good. I had anything in the radius of 3 tiles get knocked back 5 tiles and set on fire as well as minor damage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 [2] 3