Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Semi-Minimalist Post Apocalyptic RPG Thingy (4/4 Slots Taken)(TURN SIX)  (Read 14352 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

43 years ago the Collapse struck, the exact details of what happened are a little hazy and the oldsters mostly don't remember what exactly happened, but everybody knows that it turned the Earth into a total wasteland filled with Mutated Animals, Intelligent Apes, the occasional Giant Turkey, and whatever else the GM sees fit to add at any point. Most people have been born after the Collapse but there are still some old people that remember the World before. The Party, 4 semi-intelligent Survivors, have hit the road together in search of Adventure, or a Cure, or a nice Place to settle down, or whatever, really. The only thing holding them together is safety in numbers and the fact that being alone is boring.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:03:21 am by Ardent Debater »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Post-Apocalyptic RPG (Or, GPA) (0/4 Slots Taken)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 05:19:37 pm »

Shameless Bump.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 09:15:42 pm »

Spoiler: This guy again (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 10:05:10 am »

Spoiler: This guy again (click to show/hide)

This guy's been in 10+ games right? IN, As soon as there are 4 Players I'll start the game.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know that double posting is shameful, but I really need players. Bump

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: let's do this (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:00:38 pm by inaluct »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: let's do this (click to show/hide)

This is pretty nice, You're IN

Sidenote: You guys do realize that your Character's Will also effects their pain tolerance, right?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I assumed Grit would have that covered, with it being about taking punishment and all that. Is low pain tolerance going to be ridiculously crippling?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I assumed Grit would have that covered, with it being about taking punishment and all that. Is low pain tolerance going to be ridiculously crippling?

No, not necessarily, Grit and Will both cover pain tolerance, so you won't be bad off.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent. Verminius Thrax will crush those who stand before him.

Does being a mutant or a cyborg actually do anything other than make people disgusted with you?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does being a mutant or a cyborg actually do anything other than make people disgusted with you?

That depends on the dice rolls, but you can choose a few non-OP augmentations and/or mutations, however, if the dice roll poorly it could backfire. The more starting genetic/cybernetic traits you choose the more likely they are to end poorly for your character.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Minimalist Post Apocalyptic RPG Thingy (2/4 Slots Taken)
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 10:44:48 am »

If I don't have 4 Players within 24 hours I'll just start the game with whoever's already joined. Later Players can join in at some point along the road.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That depends on the dice rolls, but you can choose a few non-OP augmentations and/or mutations, however, if the dice roll poorly it could backfire. The more starting genetic/cybernetic traits you choose the more likely they are to end poorly for your character.

I added a few mutations and cybernetic enhancements to the end of my character sheet.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I added a few mutations and cybernetic enhancements to the end of my character sheet.

Seems OK to me. I've already got the first adventure hook planned out.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Minimalist Post Apocalyptic RPG Thingy (2/4 Slots Taken)
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 05:57:25 pm »

Name: The Roach

Appearance: A thin, scruffy man, encrusted with dirt and grime. His grey hair and beard are long and greasy from decades without a shower, so much so that his hair sticks in place when he takes off his beanie. He tends to wrap himself in a long coat and scarf, brown with dirt, with fingerless gloves covering his hands. He's surprisingly healthy for his lifestyle of choice, and sports a lean, muscular build under his dusty clothing, with some bolts in his side being the only indicator of cybernetics.

Race: Physically resembles a human, but is actually a high-tech Cyborg.

Alignment: As neutral as brown dirt.

Motivation: He has no motivation.

Profession: Hobo

Goal: Be left alone

Personality: A very relaxed person to say the least. He has seen a lot, and would rather like to drown most of it in a beer, if he could get drunk, anyway. He's basically something of a hermit and a doormat. Don't mess with him, you won't ever notice him.

Gear: A long, heavy coat, a beanie, and heavy boots. He has on him at the moment a few cans of beans and a bottle of whiskey, and a cart to carry interesting things he finds in the trash. Concealed within his coat, he holds a machete, if necessary to protect himself.

Stats: (You get 5 points to distribute all stats start at 1 point,2 points are average. 1 point is below average and 0 points gives you a disability of some kind.)

Muscles: 3
Grit: 2
Athletics:3
Will: 2
Smarts: 1
Charisma: 0

Skills: Scavenging from trash, blending with the environment, and fighting dirty.

Cybernetic Implants:

Artificial Stomach: Removes toxins from poisoned and spoiled food.

Nanobot reserve: located on the stomach, the nanites are released from the valves on his side, repairing any damaged tissues and keeping the body in peak condition.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:35:56 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6