Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pokethaum Dungeons and Dragons [4/4]: And your starter pokemon choices are...  (Read 3198 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

((They all will have high level moves/spells In the final evolution.
((It'd be funny and disappointing if Time got the move Wish instead of the spell Wish. Also, do Trainers get Prestige Classes like Aura User or whatever Bruno is that let him fight an Onyx?))

No but I assure you that even without Pokemon inside, pokeballs are good weapons.

Ex:
Mook A stores a lit bomb in a pokeball.

While in the Pokeball, the bomb is in stasis.

Once the Pokeball is thrown the bomb blows up where it lands. (Presumably Mook B)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It'd be funny and disappointing if Time got the move Wish instead of the spell Wish. Also, do Trainers get Prestige Classes like Aura User or whatever Bruno is that let him fight an Onyx?))

No but I assure you that even without Pokemon inside, pokeballs are good weapons.

Ex:

Once the Pokeball is thrown the bomb blows up where it lands. (Presumably Mook B)
((We can store items in pokeballs? My team will hopefully eventually consist of Charknight, Pile of Gold, Bomb, Fireball, Magic Sword for Charknight, Pile of throwing rocks.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Ex:

((We can store items in pokeballs? My team will hopefully eventually consist of Charknight, Pile of Gold, Bomb, Fireball, Magic Sword for Charknight, Pile of throwing rocks.))

((A totally valid team))

(Oh, I just realized I forgot about equipment. I geuss just assume that you start with whatever the really early game gear is for D&D/Pokemon for a given class.))

((ex. Trainer: 10 Pokeballs, 1 Potion))

((Anyways, assuming no new major issues come up I'm going to introduce the storyline soon))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:05:27 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

How common are Sages?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Since Sage is a starter Pokemon, it is completely unattainable without either getting it as your starter Pokemon, or aquiring it from another player who has Sage.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I thought people regularly ate it? If time gets Wish what kind of Epic Level spells do Garstoise and Charknight get?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

((People do eat it. But Sage currently only exists in a domesticated form. Aka, in giant Pokemon food farms))

((I'm re-arranging what gets what spell to go better typewise:

Charnight gets Meteor Swarm.
Garstoise gets Teleportation Circle
Time gets Time Stop

All of them get Wish at level 100

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does Time Stop also apply to the trainer? And is it possible for trainers to learn magic? Or are there magical trainer items like a consumable permanency and such? And does pokemagic require reagents? What with my evolutionary line being magikip I'm gonna pull a Jared and name him misterfish and fight with blunt force and love him and hug him and let him eat the other pokemon.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:49:56 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Answers to your questions:
1. Time Stop doesn't effect the trainer
2. Nope, not w/o a debuff heavy double classing
3.yes. Magical trainer items exist
4. Sometimes reagents are required
5. At first when I read that I thought you were going to say: "... and love him and hug him and name him George". (Good times in my first attempt at Pixelthaum. (Mythril and Admantium))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Answers to your questions:
1. Time Stop doesn't effect the trainer
2. Nope, not w/o a debuff heavy double classing
3.yes. Magical trainer items exist
4. Sometimes reagents are required
5. At first when I read that I thought you were going to say: "... and love him and hug him and name him George". (Good times in my first attempt at Pixelthaum. (Mythril and Admantium))
1. Well that'll be a pain
2. Damn
3. That makes up for it.
4. More specifically will I need 1k gp worth of amber for my Garstoise to use teleportation circle?
5. I thought of doing that but I'd already named him and mr. fish eats all the other pokemon he beats after he evolves. This get's Jared kicked out of the League.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

@1. I meant that time doesn't stop for the Trainer doesn't get frozen in time. He can still do various things while time is stopped for everything Time Stop was cast on.

@4. Probably. I haven't decided how close to canon I'm going to be to either Pokemon or D&D yet.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@1. I meant that time doesn't stop for the Trainer doesn't get frozen in time. He can still do various things while time is stopped for everything Time Stop was cast on.

@4. Probably. I haven't decided how close to canon I'm going to be to either Pokemon or D&D yet.
1 Fair enough
4 Okay I guess. Just have some issues with all the other trainers getting free spells.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

1 Fair enough
4 Okay I guess. Just have some issues with all the other trainers getting free spells.

Pokemon won't get anything to powerful from D&D until late game. And the spells won't be free.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1 Fair enough

Pokemon won't get anything to powerful from D&D until late game. And the spells won't be free.
I know. But the other spells don't have listed material components.
Pages: 1 [2]