Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Semi-Minimalist Post Apocalyptic RPG Thingy (4/4 Slots Taken)(TURN SIX)  (Read 14154 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Minimalist Post Apocalyptic RPG Thingy (4/4 Slots Taken)(TURN FOUR)
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2016, 01:45:28 pm »

Verminus Thrax lets out a primal howl and brings the blade of his axe down on the ringleader of the drunks in a full force two handed swing.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2016, 01:51:30 pm »

Try to stand in between the two groups of would-be combatants, bonesaw in hand in case anyone tries anything. Be prepared to dodge, block, or parry any incoming attacks (not that Coleman knows how to handle an axe user). "Everyone, please, there's no need to get so upset over a couple of words! Remember, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. If we just take a few moments to calm down, we can avoid violence! Breathe in, breathe out, and count to ten."
Check on where that robot guy is. Is he/it all right? "Hey, Ole Junior, right? Try to stay back, this could get a bit messy..."

EDIT: "Woah woah woah, big guy! Please, don't howl and swing axes at people! It's a serious faux pas!"

EDIT #2: Also, try to think about what the "Old Rush" is. If it's a rush of info and old tech,  Coleman'd be all in for it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:10:43 pm by AzyWng »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2016, 02:11:44 pm »

What Verminus Thrax does now depends on the divinely ordained will of heaven.

If Rocco isn't fast enough to get in the middle of this, Verminus Thrax, because he is such a nice guy, is willing to bury the hatchet. IN CHUCK'S SKULL.

If Rocco is fast enough to get in the middle of this, Verminus Thrax attempts to control himself and not listen to the voices, which are now just a constant atonal shriek demanding that he kill everything.

If Verminus Thrax can control himself, he angrily stops and observes the drunken man apes, ready to lose his mind and spiral back into rage at the first provocation. (If Verminus Thrax does not actually have to roll for this, this is what he does.)

If the voices succeed in drowning out this appeal to reason and Verminus Thrax cannot reach over Rocco and hit Chuck, he flicks out and spins up his hand vulcan with an ear-piercing metallic screech, levels it at Rocco's head, and says "MOVE."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 06:04:41 pm »

Hey, so, what about the others?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 06:08:09 pm »

Turn Five

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eh, What's Ha-happening?" I ask to the guy running out, with the seven swords with him.
"Oh, some drunkard thinks I insulted his gramma's skill with darts so he threw a bottle at me but he missed and hit that armoured giant instead so now there's a bar fight going on. The usual."

(Can I please switch around Charisma and Intelligence stats please, since it's still really early in the game, I think it fits the character better, and we have no one with decent charisma?)
"Oh, okay." Stand guard. Keep my hand on my machete, to strike should anything seriously threaten my employer.
(By serious, I mean if I see someone purposely strike at him, and only if I can save him. If he dies or is mortally injured, I won't be trying to avenge his death or anything)

Narbo and The Roach have a very quick conversation about violence and darts and whatnot before The Roach hurries to defend his employer, who is currently standing in the Bar's doorway gawking at the blood and destruction.

Try to stand in between the two groups of would-be combatants, bonesaw in hand in case anyone tries anything. Be prepared to dodge, block, or parry any incoming attacks (not that Coleman knows how to handle an axe user). "Everyone, please, there's no need to get so upset over a couple of words! Remember, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. If we just take a few moments to calm down, we can avoid violence! Breathe in, breathe out, and count to ten."
Check on where that robot guy is. Is he/it all right? "Hey, Ole Junior, right? Try to stay back, this could get a bit messy..."

EDIT: "Woah woah woah, big guy! Please, don't howl and swing axes at people! It's a serious faux pas!"

EDIT #2: Also, try to think about what the "Old Rush" is. If it's a rush of info and old tech,  Coleman'd be all in for it.

What Verminus Thrax does now depends on the divinely ordained will of heaven.

If Rocco isn't fast enough to get in the middle of this, Verminus Thrax, because he is such a nice guy, is willing to bury the hatchet. IN CHUCK'S SKULL.

If Rocco is fast enough to get in the middle of this, Verminus Thrax attempts to control himself and not listen to the voices, which are now just a constant atonal shriek demanding that he kill everything.

If Verminus Thrax can control himself, he angrily stops and observes the drunken man apes, ready to lose his mind and spiral back into rage at the first provocation. (If Verminus Thrax does not actually have to roll for this, this is what he does.)

If the voices succeed in drowning out this appeal to reason and Verminus Thrax cannot reach over Rocco and hit Chuck, he flicks out and spins up his hand vulcan with an ear-piercing metallic screech, levels it at Rocco's head, and says "MOVE."

LORE: An Old Rush is in fact, a Rush of information and Old Technology.

Upon seeing the impending Bar-fight Olen Jr crouches out of view behind the Counter-top. "Nobzzt Agbzztaibzztn..." Coleman rushes in between the would-be combatants and readies his Bonesaw just in case anyone tries anything. He then attempts to placate both parties with a small speech,
"Everyone, please, there's no need to get so upset over a couple of words! Remember, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. If we just take a few moments to calm down, we can avoid violence! Breathe in, breathe out, and count to ten." [7-2-4+2=3] and just ticks them off. One of the Drunks screams, "THIS IS FOR GRAMMA!" and tries to stab Rocco in the back, he was focusing on Chuck and Verminus, and wasn't facing him. [18-4+2=20] VS [3+2=5] Rocco heard the shout and jumps to the side preventing the Rusty Pocketknife from piercing an Artery but it was a very well aimed blow, [20] and the knife-blade breaks off inside of Rocco's lower back, only barely missing his Liver! [17] He barely manages to keep standing although he's certainly in no position to respond.

Verminus Thrax lets out a primal howl and brings the blade of his axe down on the ringleader of the drunks in a full force two handed swing.

Verminus Thrax can tolerate many, many things, but he most certainly has absolutely no tolerance towards those that would stab an innocent man, in the back.

[6+4-2+2=10] VS [16-4=12] And Verminus swings his axe down on the filthy coward but misses by an inch and shatters a tabletop, [13+4=17] This bolsters the drunk's morale, Chuck yells, "HE TRIED TO KILL JED!!!" and the 2 others charge him. [20+4-2+2=24] VS [18-4=14][17-4=13] Verminus Howls in FURY and swings his axe in a broad swipe, severing Chuck's head and embedding his weapon into the chest of the other, "AAAGH!" He then swings him down onto another table and, [15+4+2=21] quite literally chops the poor man and the table in half. [19] The other drunk screams in grief, "NO, CHARLIE NO!!!" and tries to hit Verminus over the head with a stolen glass bottle. [9-4+2=7] VS [14+6+4=24] The bottle shatters on Verminus's Mask, and the Mutant responds by [13+4=17] VS [11-4=7] shattering the drunk's skull with his fist.

The Bar is absolutely quiet until Daniel Rogers speaks up, "Marvelous work, simply Marvelous!" and begins clapping slowly.

Now everyone in the Bar is staring in shocked silence, well, this is awkward...

Spoiler: Verminus Thrax (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Roach (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rocco Coleman (click to show/hide)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Can I please switch around Charisma and Intelligence stats please, since it's still really early in the game, I think it fits the character better, and we have no one with decent charisma?)

That's reasonable, consider it done. Also, AzyWng, I wasn't expecting those Rolls, sorry. inaluct, I responded how I thought Verminus would, sorry if I need to I'll redo the Update.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Minimalist Post Apocalyptic RPG Thingy (4/4 Slots Taken)(TURN FIVE)
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 06:28:12 pm »

I tap my employer's shoulder, and pull him toward me, trying to urge him to follow me out of this place.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2016, 06:40:23 pm »

"God damn it!"

Focus on what's going on. Try not to pass out, collapse, puke, die, or do anything that would be a bad idea to do after being stabbed.

"I'm definitely gonna need a doctor for that one... Wait, I am a doctor. Idiot." Direct that last statement towards the guy who stabbed me. Coleman would try to do more to the guy, but he's currently in too much pain from being shanked.

LORE: Rocco knows how to treat a stab wound like that in addition to possible Tetanus, right?

((Because I sure as hell don't))

EDIT: ((The dice of fate have little concern for our worries. Don't worry about it Debater, random generators are random generators, and sometimes we get a string of bad luck or unfortunate events. By the way, will the status screen portion of my character sheet continue to provide helpful hints?))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:48:48 pm by AzyWng »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2016, 07:20:50 pm »

That is pretty much exactly how Verminus Thrax would react to this situation. With blind incoherent axe mania.

Verminus Thrax digs a generous number of microchips or tiny speakers or electrical components (whatever's in there) out of his gigantic pile of junk and lays them on the counter in front of the tiny cowering robot. "Sorry about the mess."

He then scoops up the profusely bleeding man, one hand applying gentle pressure over his wound, and follows his employer out of the bar.

((Verminus Thrax is not a particularly smart man, but he knows from experience what to do when somebody gets stabbed in the kidney. Most abdominal organs including the liver and the kidneys are noncompressible when hemorrhaging, so this gentle pressure is probably about as good as it's gonna get for hemorrhage control unless we have access to a doctor. At least it missed the liver. This guy will need to be kept warm and properly positioned to manage hypovolemic shock. The wound needs to be kept clean, and we should probably start looking for antibiotics. Good thing we have a doctor here to tell us which antibiotics are good for this.))

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »

That is pretty much exactly how Verminus Thrax would react to this situation. With blind incoherent axe mania.

Mind if I take a snip of that? For Posterity? And my collection? [I normally don't ask first but...]

((In addition, I happen to be the doctor, although I may be in a bit much pain to do a whole lot of talking [I'm in certainly too much pain to do anything like fight].))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2016, 07:37:20 pm »

<<This escalated quickly.>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2016, 07:43:25 pm »

"Oh, some drunkard thinks I insulted his gramma's skill with darts so he threw a bottle at me but he missed and hit that armoured giant instead so now there's a bar fight going on. The usual."
Sigged.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2016, 07:52:35 pm »

Narb enters the bar again, attempts to sneakily loot the corpses and stash the stuff in some hidden pocket, pat the big guy on the back, and sit back down as if nothing happened.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 07:53:56 pm »

Narb enters the bar again, attempts to sneakily loot the corpses and stash the stuff in some hidden pocket, pat the big guy on the back, and sit back down as if nothing happened.

((I like how your character is ten times as chill as mine is. Of course, your character didn't get stabbed, but...))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:09 pm »

Mind if I take a snip of that? For Posterity? And my collection? [I normally don't ask first but...]

((In addition, I happen to be the doctor, although I may be in a bit much pain to do a whole lot of talking [I'm in certainly too much pain to do anything like fight].))

I'd be flattered! Go for it.

Also, I missed that the knife broke off in the wound. We totally need antibiotics. At least we have a medical kit that probably has forceps in it.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Minimalist Post Apocalyptic RPG Thingy (4/4 Slots Taken)(TURN SIX)
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2016, 10:50:33 am »

Turn Six

I tap my employer's shoulder, and pull him toward me, trying to urge him to follow me out of this place.

The Roach taps on Daniels shoulder and subtly urges him to exit the Bar, [20-4=16], Fortunately he gets the idea and leaves immediately, but not before he waves at the Bar-Patrons.

"God damn it!"

Focus on what's going on. Try not to pass out, collapse, puke, die, or do anything that would be a bad idea to do after being stabbed.

"I'm definitely gonna need a doctor for that one... Wait, I am a doctor. Idiot." Direct that last statement towards the guy who stabbed me. Coleman would try to do more to the guy, but he's currently in too much pain from being shanked.

LORE: Rocco knows how to treat a stab wound like that in addition to possible Tetanus, right?

((Because I sure as hell don't))

EDIT: ((The dice of fate have little concern for our worries. Don't worry about it Debater, random generators are random generators, and sometimes we get a string of bad luck or unfortunate events. By the way, will the status screen portion of my character sheet continue to provide helpful hints?))

[11] Rocco tries to keep himself steady and tries to keep calm but he does throw up in his mouth. And on a table. The burly looking man sitting there nods at Coleman and gets back to drinking.

LORE: Coleman does know how to treat a stab wound and tetanus but he doesn't know nearly as much as a professionally trained surgeon/doctor. He realizes that the Bottle of Disinfectant in his Medical Dufflebag might be very helpful here.

The Giant Brute picks up Rocco and walks out of the Bar with him, [14] Rocco doesn't black out.

Verminus Thrax digs a generous number of microchips or tiny speakers or electrical components (whatever's in there) out of his gigantic pile of junk and lays them on the counter in front of the tiny cowering robot. "Sorry about the mess."

He then scoops up the profusely bleeding man, one hand applying gentle pressure over his wound, and follows his employer out of the bar.

((Verminus Thrax is not a particularly smart man, but he knows from experience what to do when somebody gets stabbed in the kidney. Most abdominal organs including the liver and the kidneys are noncompressible when hemorrhaging, so this gentle pressure is probably about as good as it's gonna get for hemorrhage control unless we have access to a doctor. At least it missed the liver. This guy will need to be kept warm and properly positioned to manage hypovolemic shock. The wound needs to be kept clean, and we should probably start looking for antibiotics. Good thing we have a doctor here to tell us which antibiotics are good for this.))

Verminus Thrax walks over to the counter and places about 5 pounds of Useless Junk on top of it, maybe the Robot can find a purpose for it. He then grabs the Profusely Bleeding man and walks out of the Bar with him. Verminus attempts to apply pressure to the wound, [10+2=12] and thinks that maybe he staunched the bleeding a little.

Narb enters the Bar, looks around at the people and tries to subtly loot some corpses. Actually, only one is dead, another looks like he's having seizure/aneurysm on the floor, and the third has been chopped in half and is currently staining the table and floor, luckily he's unconscious. Or maybe in a Coma, either way he'll bleed out soon.

[14+2+2=18] Norbo stealthily loots all 3 of the Drunks, [11] and finds 2 Rusted Pocketknives, 1 Bottle of Hard Liquor, 1 Crudely Drawn Road Map, 16 Colorful Plastic Cards, 1 Shaving Razor, and 2 Empty Glass Bottles.

LORE: Colorful Plastic Cards are used as a cheap Currency in many places, although they aren't nearly as worthwhile as precious metals or valuable items they are easily transported and are almost impossible to forge. 1 Colorful Plastic Card is equal to about Half a Loaf of Bread, a Lot would be needed to obtain very rare supplies and in many places they aren't recognized as legal tender.

Nardo then sits down and finishes his drink like nothing ever happened. After a few seconds of awkward mumbling things in the Bar go back to normal.

Verminus, The Roach, and Coleman are all standing outside of the building, Daniel Rogers notices the stab wound and speaks, "That's quite a Nasty wound, it might even catch the Rust Stiffness if we aren't careful! Come on, I've got a few Pills and Meds in my Truck, I know it isn't much but what else can I do. Say, You there, bleeding Doctor person, would you be interested in a Job protecting my Caravan while we head East? I'm planning on cashing in on the Old Rush while it's happening, You see."

Daniel stops and looks back into the Bar and then back at the Group, "Hang on a second." He runs inside and walks over to Nardo Polo, "Excuse me fine Sir, I need help with guarding my Caravan while I head East and those Swords look very sharp and pointy, are you interested in a Job? It'll be honest work and the Pay's good I promise!"

Spoiler: Verminus Thrax (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Roach (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rocco Coleman (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:03:06 am by Ardent Debater »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6