Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Repopulation -Sandbox PvP MMORPG- Star Wars Galaxies/Tabula Rasa/Shadowbane  (Read 8036 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know this is an old thread but if someone has backed this game just FYI,
Servers are up again and all are same when they closed.
Lets repopulate it once again and hopefully this time for good ;)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile

IT'S BACKKKKKKKKKK!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile

Is this game any good? I've followed it for a while but a lot of people complained about...everything.
And the other game they were making in the meantime (an ARK Survival sci-fi clone) played really poorly when I checked it.
I think a modern SWG is needed in this goddamn industry (especially since I missed that train back in the day), but I'm worried.  ::)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile

Is this game any good? I've followed it for a while but a lot of people complained about...everything.
And the other game they were making in the meantime (an ARK Survival sci-fi clone) played really poorly when I checked it.
I think a modern SWG is needed in this goddamn industry (especially since I missed that train back in the day), but I'm worried.  ::)

It was needlessly complicated, no opening goal really, and it's terribly grindy.

But it was very reminiscent of Star Wars Galaxy and just looking from the skills, you could do almost anything you decided to. It has 2 default factions for PvP purposes but you could make your own and go claim areas and all that, you could build robot helpers or just tame local wildlife, and you eventually could get a speeder (I think, I never got that far).

So basically it suffers from a lot of MMO-itis but the sandbox potential is extremely high. If you make your own fun and goals, it's great. It's like EVE in that regard, but without ISK grinding and SPACEPOLICE~ whoop whoop.

*Edit: As for Fragmented, it's...ok. It's a very average survival sandbox that they put out to test the Unreal engine because of the Hero engine issue that caused them to stop development on The Repopulation. I think it was some sort of licencing issue or something. A lot of the anger was because they got this little survival game instead of the MMO.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:28:31 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Hah, I tried and failed multiple times to get a refund from Steam after all the servers shut down- at least there's SOMETHING to play now. Still, I was mostly waiting for it to stop having, for example, serious technical issues... and it sounds like that's still the case.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am really exited. This game is not going to be anything crap pay to win model all other Mmo´s offering and Hardcore gameplay style server is in future plans still.
Was huge disappointment when game shut down years ago. I´m going to back up this to the end cos this is going to be great once done further.
It got something for all and great playing ground for roleplayers.

Mailo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would LOVE a modern-day SWG, it probably remains as my favorite game ever. Unfortunately, The Repopulation isn't it, at least for me. SWG did not have mandatory non-consensual PVP, while the Repopulation does, a deal breaker for me. Also, as far as I know, the crafting and resource system is not quite up to SWGs standards. So still waiting ...
Pages: 1 2 [3]