Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 212946 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 1
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 03:27:07 pm »

That explains why you want the information, but not how it'll help us catch whatever type of scum we're up against.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »

Different scum do different things.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2016, 03:41:17 pm »

Did anybody get night actioned last night?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2016, 04:01:17 pm »

Different scum do different things.

Not really. They might have different flavour, but mechanically they're pretty much the same.

I'm going to shift my vote to TBF as they're more interested in discussing night actions and theory than finding scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2016, 04:02:18 pm »

FoU:What did you do last night?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 04:06:47 pm »

Well, Hector, there goes my "Geas of Silence" idea, for you...  But that was only because you took so long to say anything, not on my mind originally.

Had written a considered reply, but "8 new replies have been posted". Eight? That might significantly change what I want to reply.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2016, 04:17:08 pm »

Ok, this is an updated version of what I was originally replying:

Quote from: Me
I'd decided the odd numbers, only, of Fallacy's list were likely relevant.

1) Active blocking/protecting (Fallacy claims something) or some form of passive shielding, to counteract a kill-attempt.  Maybe the 'Town Special' skill was involved, maybe the 'Town Neutral/Weakness' character was targeted but with a hidden beneficial clause attached to their role.
3) Bastardy means Evil character was unable to kill.  Because certain positive conditions weren't met.  (Overlaps with (2), admittedly.)
5) Several something-elses come to mind, depending on degrees of bastardy, but I don't think you want 99% hogwash so I'll spare you that.

...I concluded that I had no stand-out 'finger'-worthy person.  Although that doesn't mean there isn't a 'least good-looking' one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2016, 06:39:17 pm »

FoU:What did you do last night?
I investigated hector13.
~~~
I am a Psychologist. I can inspect people to see if they are town or not. Last night I investigated hector13. And got a not town result.
The irritatingness of this result is that it doesn't exclude him being third party.
Plus this is a semi-bastard, so I don't know if my inspect is sane or not.
~~~
Oh pain. So the question is... is my inspect right, or not?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 06:56:26 pm »

Well, then.

*starts thinking*
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 07:15:26 pm »

Oh pain. So the question is... is my inspect right, or not?
FWIW, my assessment for "least-likely to be good" was Hector.  And your claim (either genuine or cleverly invented) supports that particular 'solution' in multiple ways.

Issue 1: Are you genuine?
...well, it's only Round 1, Day 1.  If you're fooling me(/us) there's more fun ahead.  I'm willing to risk this and possibly learn from any mistake.

Issue 2: Are your results genuine?
...ditto about the risking/learning.  If they're not, we might at least know more.

All things considered, Hector is my vote, too, for better or for worse.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2016, 07:18:16 pm »

Eh, whatever.  If it turns out bad...

Either way, investigate me tonight.

Hector13
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2016, 07:29:00 pm »

Tomasque: for the sake of the spectators, would you edit the OP to note that the days last 48 hours?
Also, are we using hammers?
Also, when the round ends, will all players flip?
Is there any means that we get to know of of getting more players in the game?
~~~
To both of you: yep. We're in this for the long(relatively) haul. Experimentation!
~~~
Either way, investigate me tonight.
Will do.
~~~
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2016, 08:40:55 pm »

I like how you all just go along with it. No questions asked, no theorycrafting over what might be going on. Funny that, TBF, you were all for it before, eh?

Given what my role is (gas-station attendant, gives a false investigation result) I'm inclined to say it's an arsonist. If I'm right, it would explain why there has been no kill so far: the arsonist's night action is to prime a target for death, and then can choose to kill them later. I'm only really familiar with the Town of Salem variant, in which they can choose to either prime a target or kill them at night, but this is a semi-bastard game so it might be different. Either way, if that's the case, we can't make a mistake today. The worst that could happen is we lose the game D1.

But if you guys want to lynch me without preamble, an opportunity to defend myself or without considering whether FoU's claim is legit, that's cool too. Just don't expect me to be along for the ride. I don't particular find a "let's random lynch and see what happens!" playstyle to be particularly enjoyable, and I'm not playing another 20 games of mafia like that.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 08:49:07 pm »

Tomasque: for the sake of the spectators, would you edit the OP to note that the days last 48 hours?
Also, are we using hammers?
Also, when the round ends, will all players flip?
Is there any means that we get to know of of getting more players in the game?

1. Changed it.
2. Perhaps... I originally thought I would, but with so few players, it now seems to unbalancing in either teams favor. I'm putting it to a vote. What do you guys think?
3. Yes.
4. Not that you should know as of now... (except, of course, replacements)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2016, 08:51:09 pm »

Too few players for a hammer methinks, so that's a no from me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237