Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3  (Read 4435 times)

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2016, 04:11:55 pm »

((By roped off, do you mean I can just literally waltz past the ropes as long as I get past Dwayne "The Rockbot" Johnson here?))
((IF you can get past, yes. You have not activated Cage Match Mode just yet.))
Logged

Dwayna DragonFire

  • Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2016, 07:46:45 pm »

Spoiler: Alexander Eileas (click to show/hide)

((Been a while since I've done anything like this. Let me know if this is okay or if I need to change anything))
Logged

NRDL

  • Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2016, 02:20:49 am »

((By roped off, do you mean I can just literally waltz past the ropes as long as I get past Dwayne "The Rockbot" Johnson here?))
((IF you can get past, yes. You have not activated Cage Match Mode just yet.))

Right, definitely standing the fuck still.
Logged
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2016, 09:36:08 am »

Sorry about the late turn. A bit busy last week!

Turn 3

Spoiler: Alexander Eileas (click to show/hide)

((Been a while since I've done anything like this. Let me know if this is okay or if I need to change anything))

“Late AGAIN, I see!” Dr. Querty gives you a disappointed look. Then he smiles. “That’s good! We wouldn’t be able to… Uh, Teleport you normally, as your ice powers disrupt the… quantum tunneling or something like that. Instead, you’ll be taking this!”

The scientist holds a pill out in his hand. Before you have time to think, he shoves it into your mouth. You swallow it reflexively.

You suddenly don’t remember much of what happens next, but when you wake up, you’re in some sort of refrigerator in the Forest Clearing. As you step out of the fridge, you notice burn marks and ash coating it.

Oh well. You’re more focused on the commotion happening to the north. It seems the fighting has already begun!



Step forward heroically like the gentleman I am to protect kobosh from that what wishes to harm them
In my robotic British accent
Protector mode engaged step forward and attempt to harm this one behind me and I'll be forced to bring upon you a bloody hell!
"Er, thanks, Sir Robot. We should lure them out?"

Flee from the guards, sticking to the outside of the perimeter wall whilst taking evasive action.
[LasL0w: 1] / [Mr. Kobosh: 6] - Mr. Kobosh turns to flee, leaving the Artifact behind to protect them both. Unfortunately for both of them, LasL0w’s just not feeling it right now with his neck sore like it is. He takes a pained protective stance.

[Protect: 1] As the Guards take aim, LasL0w jumps out of the way, leaving Mr. Kobosh completely exposed, AS WELL AS LasL0w. LasL0w quickly determines he needs a Recalibration.

[Roll to Dodge: 5] Mr. Kobosh doesn’t even look as laser fire flies over and past him in what can only be described as impossible ways. His clothes are singed, but he’s completely fine.

[Roll to Dodge: 3] LasL0w, however, is not so lucky. He takes a laser to the leg and another to his chestplate. He isn’t seriously injured, but he wouldn’t want to take another shot like that. Which is funny he should mention, since he’ll be fired on next turn.

LasL0w: {-1 to HP}
LasL0w: {Taunt: You will be attacked by the nearest enemy at the start of your next Turn.}


It begins...

There must be something I can do here. I guess throw stuff?

Climb a tree for camouflage, picking up the pebbles again so I can throw them and redirect/accelerate them at the guards.
[6] - You quickly scale one of the nearby trees in order to conceal yourself after picking up the pebbles. In spirit, it was a good plan. You could’ve picked off a few of the Guards with some of the stones, but you made one unforgiving calculation.

This tree has no leaves or cover.

Like, what kind of terrible groundskeeper doesn’t just remove this tree? This is like that dead branches thing all over. Someone really needs to be fired.

Seriously.

Whatever. You calm down a bit.

You take one of the pebbles and fire it at a Guard. [Telekinesis: 5] The stone rockets towards a Guard. He cries out in pain. Nice shot! [Stealth: 6] The Guards don’t quite make you out in the darkness of night, but they decide that the only correct way to deal with rock-throwing trees is a hail of laser fire!

[Dodge: 5!] Well, well, well. Look at you. I guess you really do live up to that codename of yours! The cover of what little dead branches can offer you plus the shadows makes avoiding their shots effortless. You even take some time to Taunt your attackers.

They will undoubtedly be firing at you again next Round!

{+2 XP to Particle Mover}
{Taunt: You will be attacked by the nearest enemy at the start of your next Turn.}



Nix decides to not move a fucking muscle.  He looks around for any openings in the trap.

((Is the trap like a pit or something, or a cage?  I'm not exactly sure what I'm in))
[4] - You freeze, hoping to avoid the motion sensors on the giant wrestler. You don’t seem to notice anything happening within the device. You look around for an exit, and notice there seems to be the really obvious exit of leaving the ring. You’d naturally forfeit the match and the Championship Belt, but you’d at least have your spine intact.

Or perhaps you could tap out and let someone else enter the ring in your place. But who would be foolish enough to do that?

{Continued in Nayous’ turn below!}


Success. Nayous hears the guards' conflicting shouts for the others to 'freeze' and 'get on the ground.' Well, mostly anyways.

Survey the landscape for traps and possible exit/next entrance.

If Nix attracts the attention of the wrestler, discard my trenchcoat and leap into action against it using my strenght to smash it's head.
[6] - {Continued from Nix’s turn above!}

As you see Nix frozen in place in front of the Wrestler, you decide, against most people’s better judgment, to leap in the fray, casually tagging Nix’s hand in mid-air, before colliding with the metal monstrosity.

[Damage: 6] Your hands collide with the wrestler’s, now fully activated. His strength is nothing compared to the training you’ve gone through for this. In fact, that tree you shoved over was stronger than this tin can. You rip off his arms completely.

[Roll to Dodge: 6 {WTF!}] As the arms are ripped from the robot’s sockets, sparks fly out, as well as liquids likely hotter than most lavas. You’re lucky, in that the wrestler’s arms absorb most of the lava, but you’re unlucky in that the arms themselves melt. The molten steel burns your skin, grafting onto your arms.

{-2 HP}
{Robotic Arms Gained: Your arms are now covered in partially melted robotic arms. You have a hard time controlling your arms and must make an additional roll on actions using your arms.

You feel as though something really bad has just happened. Your arms no longer seem to function completely under your own command.

But your head still does. The robot’s flailing about makes it tough, but you headbutt the robot, destroying the cranium on that hunk of junk. All around you, ring’s ropes disintegrate.

You feel as though you will probably get a promotion for this.

{+1 XP to Super Strength}
{+1 Bonus from NON: Beat the Steel Wrestler.}


Stealth-crawl over to Nayous' direction. Run like a little girl if Harry is discovered.
[1] - You stealthily crawl directly into a Guard! [Surprise: 5] Luckily, he’s just as surprised as you are. He had never been given proper weapons training, and he only passed certification on a fluke. [Flee: 4] The Guard turns to run, shouting for help and pointing in your direction.

You feel like a lot of guns are trained right on where you are.

Maybe it’d be a good idea to use one of those magic tricks to get out of this one, Houdini.

{Taunt: You will be attacked by the nearest enemy at the start of your next Turn.}


<D17to>

Sneak towards the noise. If I can find a lone guard, knock him out.

[3] - You carefully make your way over to the commotion to the north. You’d say it’s a mess, but… well, compared to usual missions, this one is going rather well. The fact that no one is dead is a bonus, as filling out all the paperwork for HR is a nightmare.

[Encounter: 1] You look for a lone Guard, hoping to knock him out. Instead, you bump into someone. He attempts to grab you! [Dodge: 3] You barely slip from his grasp. The mysterious figure appears something more than a regular Guard. His name tag indicates that he is an Elite Guard!

The Elite Guard strikes a fighting stance and spits at the ground. He makes a threatening gesture. You feel as though he could clearly Snap You In Two if he gets a good hold on you.



Players:
NRDL - Nix [Codename: Mesmer-Eyes]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero - NON ARTIFACT-5067-LasL0w [Codename: Optimus Mime]
Spoiler: Status: Injured (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner - Harry Hudson [Codename: Houdini]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_ - Nice Williams [Codename: Miss Aim]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort - Kobosh Kobosh [Codename: Security Risk]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

WunderKatze - Nayous [Codename: Dr. Death]
Spoiler: Status: Injured (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost - Eridan Seventeen [Codename: D17to]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

Dwayna DragonFire - Alexander Eileas [Codename: Hans]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:38:36 am by webadict »
Logged

DreamerGhost

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2016, 10:08:08 am »

<D17to>

"What good luck I have. Immedietly someone important."

Shapechange myself some bone spikes on my hands and stab him. If the Elite Guard manages to grab me, shapeshift some spikes into his hands.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:13:36 am by DreamerGhost »
Logged
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AbstractTraitorHero

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2016, 10:56:18 am »

Play dead really shouldn't be hard when I don't breath or anything.
Logged
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

_DivideByZero_

  • Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2016, 01:53:17 pm »

When hot air mixes with cold air, you get fog, right?
That means I might be able to create a mass of warm air that dissipates quickly by exciting air molecules in the general area. Then allow it to cool, creating a foggy mist to obscure vision, and hit the dirt for cover, preferably just over a hill.
Logged
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

  • Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2016, 04:55:05 pm »

Nix's jaw drops at the spectacle he just witnessed.  Composing himself, he sneaks over to where the other fighting is taking place, trying to ascertain where the other guards are.
Logged
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2016, 09:44:24 pm »

Fuck yeah! Nayous strikes a proud hands-on-hips pose.

Wait. FUCK. He soon finds that he can't.

Remove these robotic arms gently.
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Powder Miner

  • Bay Watcher
  • Now with an avatar not years irrelevant!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2016, 12:38:11 am »

Straightening his bowtie, Harry took the stance of a powerful magician, wavering his hands mysteriously(?) in midair, slowly rising as he started to speak (attemptedly) ominously: "I am Harry Hudson the Holy and Horrible, mage of the highest caliber. Bullets have no use against me, and by my power I wi--" He promptly breaks the ominous atmosphere he made such an effort to set up, pointing towards an area of the wall Nayous and Nix aren't in, and hoping that the sudden snap in atmosphere would make this effective: "HOLY SHIT GUYS IT'S THE END TIMES JUST AS FORETOLD THE MONSTER HAS COME IT'S GOING TO GET US SAVE YOURSELVES RUUUUUN FOOOOOR IIIIT!"
Put on that whole act in an attempt to distract the men with guns on me and then run for it to a hiding space.
Logged

Glory to Forenia!

Kolubaria in aeternum!

lawastooshort

  • Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2016, 01:04:56 am »

Kobosh is just going to keep fleeing round the perimeter until hopefully reaching the entrance 360 degrees away.

"Thanks, Sir Robot! Bye! I am but a tiny poor defenceless spacegnome..."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:30:15 am by lawastooshort »
Logged

AbstractTraitorHero

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2016, 01:15:02 am »

as Kobosh runs away LasL0w can only think of one thing..

...I really don't get any respect for this job do I? First my original owner abandons me because I'm not....beautiful enough or maybe her parent's dident like me honestly she seemed insincere when she told me about not being beautiful enough....I still miss her...I hope you're still okay...my second owner.....was a prick who i snapped their neck and ended up deactivated and found by these new guys...I really don't want to die i want to see more still.....please come back with help spacegnome...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:16:42 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
Logged
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

lawastooshort

  • Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2016, 08:31:19 am »

Hearing Laslow’s heartbreaking internal monologue, Kobosh dashes immediately back, and applies some of his Engineering Skill to somehow repairing some of the robot’s HP!*




*Whilst also remaining not fired upon somehow. And against his better judgement.
Logged

Dwayna DragonFire

  • Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:26 pm »

After travelling by refrigerator and groaning softly, Alex looks around and moves out to join the group.

Quietly join the group and help my comrades. Maybe by causing it to be a little more cold for our enemies?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]