Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 71590 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 3, Alien overlords
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2016, 05:10:12 pm »

Victory! Time to set off the CELEBRATION GRENADE!!!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2016, 12:18:26 pm »

Damnit ! I knew the new model was a crappy one... Good old Penetrator MkI would have made him talkative in a go ! No time rambling on the past, shoot the man down.
2. The man violently wrestles himself out of the way and instead you cause a minor explosion dirt. He tries to respond with a head-butt, but ropes get into way of his poor attempt. Not that it would have done anything.

Intentionally trip on a rock.
3. Unfathomable idea. Why would you even do something like that? There isn't even any good spot for tripping... well that elevated sidewalk probably works for your purposes.
Intentionally tripping is much harder that you expect. You have to try twelve times before you finally lose balance. And even then your instincts fight against falling.

Seeing as how I lost the terrorists, (5) I might as well see if I can download DwarfFortress onto this suit.
[5] -> 5+0.Like I said before, the suit is a specialized piece hardware designed to keep you hidden using complex alien technology. Letting anything connect with it wirelessly is a major security risk, not to mention about connecting to Internet. On top of that its processors do not even use standard human x86-64 architecture, so good luck getting DF running on it. Perhaps emulating x86-64 system could be used, but that would probably mean reduced stealth capability. And then there's the question of obtaining suitable emulator. From high security military facilities.
If you really want to play DF, then you need to commandeer a civilian laptop. At least it comes with a keyboard.

Victory! Time to set off the CELEBRATION GRENADE!!!
1. CELEBRATION GRENADE PRIMED AND FIRED! Or dropped, really.
"It's party time!"
"Aren't all celebration grenades still on your belt?"
"Huh? You are right, they really are. Wonder what I used then..."

Let's play a guessing game! What kind of grenade Salsa just dropped on front of him? Winner gets his first worst roll replaced with 5.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2016, 12:39:57 pm »

((I think it is most likely a: Small-Blast, Anti-Infantry, Low-Yield Nuclear Blast Grenade...))
Look for a laptop.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 02, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »

((Some sort of total-annihilation grenade made with alien tech.))

Yawn. Search for something interesting.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 02, 2016, 01:47:16 pm »

(The Holy Hand Grenade! That is my guess!)

Try to turn the grenade I dropped off. I'm sure there's a switch somewhere....
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2016, 02:11:29 pm »

(There is no other answer than this one)

Follow celebratory grenade protocol : take grenade, force it down the throat of our prisoner and jump away !
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:35:15 pm by Nakéen »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2016, 06:17:14 am »

crazyabe got "Anti-Infantry" part correct and Whisperling got "alien tech" part correct. Since no one was exactly correct, you both can have a 3. In Whisperlings case, first of worst is his first roll. Enjoy.

((I think it is most likely a: Small-Blast, Anti-Infantry, Low-Yield Nuclear Blast Grenade...))
Look for a laptop.
3. Closest laptops would probably be inside the hospital. After sneaking around a while and scaring people you finally find one. It's currently being used by a nurse who's apparently on break.

((Some sort of total-annihilation grenade made with alien tech.))

Yawn. Search for something interesting.
3. Most interesting things, you assume, would probably be in direction of the pizzeria where the terrorists were planning to go before you killed them. So that's where you jog while keeping nice pace of 40 km/h. You arrive at the location at same time as police does, just in time to see a van speeding away to west.
The pizzeria itself seems to have suffered notable damage. The large window is gone, as well as surrounding walls. A whole lot of blood and vomit is amongst ruins, but interestingly no corpses. Plenty of vomit puddles are spread outside of the pizzeria and the park.

Try to turn the grenade I dropped off. I'm sure there's a switch somewhere....
1. This grenade is an alien "tickler", a stun grenade designed to activate all human nerve endings within range and overwhelm their senses. It was mostly used in end of the war. You remember from briefing that it does have an intensity switch which also functions as an off switch. You move and touch the grenade in specific spot. You also slept through the briefing, so you are not exactly sure how you was supposed to touch it, but you are certain you got it right. Absolutely.

(There is no other answer than this one)

Follow celebratory grenade protocol : take grenade, force it down the throat of our prisoner and jump away !
4. With single motion you snatch the grenade from Salsa's hand and shove it into mouth of you happless renegade. That certainly shuts him up.
3. You desperately dive between buildings by the river hoping you won't be hurt by it.

Salsa is quite confused why Nakéen did jump away. After all, he did disable the grenade succesfully.
The revolutionist is certain this is the end. At least he's gonna take that incompetent insect lover with him to hell. In next moment he is certain he is in hell. All his nerves tell conflicting messages, such as crushing pressure, tearing pull, softest touch, freezing testicles, burning skin, million cuts, xenomorph swimming in his guts, thousand shattered bones, blindingly bright darkness, silence loud enough to rupture eardrums, countless rotting rainbows, insatiable euphoria and so on.
Salsa feels exactly the same and falls over convulsing.
Nakéen too gets his small slice of the pain pie, though his sensations are limited only on his legs.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2016, 06:53:57 am »

(1)Set my stealth Suit to "Solid Snake" and sneak up on her.
((sneaking up on someone while trying to be a box is always a good idea!))
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2016, 07:00:31 am »

fgriohthihugvfhvjgjngeykfh!?!?!?!
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2016, 07:29:17 am »

Check out the remains of the pizzaria. The horrible wanton destruction indicates my teammates have been here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2016, 03:15:15 pm »

"I love Celebration Grena...arghblzghlegs !" Proceed to crawl toward Salsa and use my medical skills to relieve him of the pain.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2016, 05:50:50 am »

(1)Set my stealth Suit to "Solid Snake" and sneak up on her.
((sneaking up on someone while trying to be a box is always a good idea!))
[1] -> 1. Well, this is interesting result. You failed, but still got exactly what you wanted... Hmm.
You fiddle with your suit settings ignoring number of increasingly urgent warnings until it finally shuts down.

Check out the remains of the pizzaria. The horrible wanton destruction indicates my teammates have been here.
2. You find nothing special or interesting but destroyed furniture, puddles of vomit and blood on walls and ceiling. Police are starting to swarm the area.

"I love Celebration Grena...arghblzghlegs !" Proceed to crawl toward Salsa and use my medical skills to relieve him of the pain.
4. It is quite experience to crawl while your legs are telling you so many lies. But duty of medic is to help others first, so your legs can wait. The problem with that grenade is that its effect tends to last unpleasantly long and only way to hasten recovery is to essentially jump start affected nerves. Which is usually archieved via liberal application of electricity. You can only hope these stealth suits can handle this level of discharge...

fgriohthihugvfhvjgjngeykfh!?!?!?!
3. fbrlllbgglg. slhlafkfkfkbnbkar? dbjvhjbbl! rflblbgrlbrlglgrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!
You scream like a little girl when your nerves wake up to reality. Everything tingles and your skin twitches on its own but at least you are back in real world. Which is good because you hear a heavy duty diesel engine roaring and coming closer.

Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2016, 07:30:12 am »

>look for the "On swich"
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »

Call the phone number I've got, then make it sound like there's a big ruckus on my end. Shouting, stomping, all that jazz.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »

Wait for the incoming vehicle, standing cleanly on the side of the road. Wave at it if it comes in to sight
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33