Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 70692 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2016, 06:52:21 am »

ok, lets try casting "repel peasants" then.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2016, 02:57:23 pm »

"Ah no my fellows ! You don't seem to understand the depth of my words. I will let magic explains it better to you."
Commune with magic and create a 3D image of a sexy maid with a sweet voice who will explain the awesomeness and usefulness of magic to them, so that they understand why lynching me is bad and why magic is actually super dope.

Oh, and call her Maria.

6. Magic likes this idea. While it doesn't want to be everybody's mop, it doesn't want you to die either. At least right now it doesn't want you to die. It might change it's mind soon, but a glimpse to Dice of Order tells you that you are firmly on its good side. One dip into homicidial tantrum not withstanding.

So this sexy maid business. Magic peeks into your mind to find your definition of sexy maid and picks that one hot tavern wench as a base. Air boils as huge version of her appers above you all. Stategic black leather strips are holding her dress together, the dress itself being made of purple palm sized cloth squares, which understandably doesn't cover much. The dress is itself reaches only knees, so you (and everybody else) have clear view up into her "skirt". And she's wielding a whip. Yep, that's all about her dress. You don't notice the akward boners emerging all around because you are too busy looking up. God she smells sexy!

As the apparition speaks, its voice is like thick sweet honey bleeding into your ears, like a soft slightly erotic touch on your back. You don't pay much attention what it says, but it all probably makes sense. Much better than you could ever do yourself.

When it finally disappears, the lynch mob makes a big collective dissapointed sigh. Everything good must end eventually. Few people voice their desire to see it again. Honestly quite good idea. You should consider it, but perhaps in private.

And that wench the apparation was based on? Maria? She's on the front line, face red for both embarrassment and anger, a big kitchen knife held firmly in both hands. Now to think about it, that apparation was extremely accurate despite being a bit embellished. At least one person still wants to murder you violently and dance on your grave. Care to guess who it is?

Get magic to make some sort of distraction, and try to sneak out.
Sneak out from completely surrounded house? Good luck with that.
2. Shimmer of light in direction of Nakéen's house brings your attention to huge, very sexy version of well liked tavern wench Maria in skimpy dress. The view from here is very nice indeed.

Get out of town, heading away from the noises of riot and/or speech.

Try to recall the location of my emergency cache of supplies.

[5] Your escape is succesfull, mostly thanks to illusion of Nakéen's favourite maid filling the sky and demanding everyone's attention. Using this moment of distraction you hightail it out into darkness of the forest. Having your path well memorized, you follow the secreet signs you prepared for yourself weeks earlier. Hard left at two piled stones, to north from oak shattered by a lightning until the brook, hop over and follow upstream into a grove that villagers avoid because you lied them a bear lives there. Third tree in line from brook to west, up in foliage, hidden with a spell.
[4] Unusually succesfull spell, you note. Everything is there, untouched by wildlife. Flint, empty waterskin which you can fill from the brook, few days worth of dry food, knife, walking staff, extra shoes, a cloak to disguise yourself, some other stuff you need for camping. All packed and ready to go.

ok, lets try casting "repel peasants" then.
3. Evidently the spell does something as the knocking with axe ends and people start shouting angrily. They don't sound like going away and you aren't feeling brave enough to check situation out, so it's not exactly success either. If nothing else, it bought you time.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2016, 03:05:46 pm »

protect from sharp objects, I guess? Including myself of course, since I am supposedly a peasant and rather fearful of a very angry Maria. She might go on a spree by herself!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »

Well, then.  Don cloak, check height of sun, consider options.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2016, 03:10:11 pm »

((Aoshima, that was masterful. I can't stop applauding at your description of the situation.))
Sigh heavily.
"At last, this is the truth. I can't hide it any longer now. I always loved you, you are the only one to set my heart aflutter. Will you marry me ?"

Ask magic for two golden rings, and propose to her.

((edit: I let you choose her name :P))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:01:38 pm by Nakéen »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »

Keep trying to make a magic distraction?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2016, 05:06:52 pm »

I Try to Cast Clairvoyance and look Outside of my Home.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2016, 03:52:45 am »

protect from sharp objects, I guess? Including myself of course, since I am supposedly a peasant and rather fearful of a very angry Maria. She might go on a spree by herself!
I guess you actually wanted to do magic here.
6. You cast "Protection from Sharp Objects" on all peasants in the town. Magic takes its own definition of "protection" and "sharp objects" and spins reality on peasants in rather interesting direction. You can't exactly see what it did and magic ain't telling you, but judging by screams of fear from outside (which rapidly turns into screams of invigorated anger demanding your death in fire) the spell had some interesting side effects. Something that peasants are not exactly grateful for. Axes and other hard blunt objects are beating your doors and walls rather rapidly. You fear the entire building might break under the assault.

Naturally the spell didn't have any effect on you. You are not "peasant" enough for magic.

Well, then.  Don cloak, check height of sun, consider options.
Sun is approximately three palms width under the horizon.
[2] Well, you are a bit loss on what to do. You are out of immediate danger, but you never really planned what to do after escaping the town, no idea where to go. There's a small fishing village half day's trip in south. The provincial capital is in north west, but it takes about week to travel and they really don't like wild mages over there. There's also plenty of ancient ruins scattered around in the forest, destroyed by magic misfire and often dangerous mutated creatures and magical constructs are still roaming around. People won't go near those for a reason.

((Aoshima, that was masterful. I can't stop applauding at your description of the situation.))
Sigh heavily.
"At last, this is the truth. I can't hide it any longer now. I always loved you, you are the only one to set my heart aflutter. Will you marry me ?"

Ask magic for two golden rings, and propose to her.

((edit: I let you choose her name :P))
4. Air is sucked onto your palm and two simple golden rings grow from condensated air.
[2] "NO!"
You can't tell if that vehement refusal is because you showed all her goodies in front of entire village and she's angry because of that, or if it is because everyone's skin turns steely gray and hardens into natural armor. Either way, people are again wanting heads of magicians on a plate and body on burning stake. Thanks a lot, whoever casted this spell!

Keep trying to make a magic distraction?
2. You are distacted by sudden angry howling from the crowd. It seems someone gave them all Steel Skin and forgot to ask if they wanted it.
You hear the door to your house break under and peasants fighting to get first change to tear your head off from your shoulders. You also hear their dissappointment when they do not find you. You assume they will use fire soon and by then you don't want to be on this very flammable rooftop anymore.

I Try to Cast Clairvoyance and look Outside of my Home.
2. You see glimpse of top of your head. Hmm, are your hairs thinning again or does blue hair simply make you look more bald?
Peasants are again knocking you door with axes and other blunt objects, it seems.

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2016, 05:20:07 am »

"What is this burning feeling consuming my heart ?! Ah ! Destiny, why must you be so cruel !" laments the broken-hearted magician.

Despite the angry mob, he keeps monologuing.
"No. There is no Fate. Only the will of Magic. If Magic is stopping me from fulfilling my love with her, then it can only means..."

"I see... Of course ! I have no need for the love of a mere woman, when I have the love of Magic ! My eyes are opened, I shall never stray from the right path again dear Magic."

Ask magic to incarnate next to me the perfect wife for me, who is infinitely more beautiful than her mortal template physically and personality-wise and who will undoubtedly accept my marriage proposal. Plus, she is an awesome cook and brew great tea.

Get back into the house with her and make my house elevates in the sky with magic to get away from those troublemakers. Then properly ask her to marry me.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2016, 06:57:13 am »

I cast "Charm People" with a 30 mile radius.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2016, 08:18:43 am »

Teleport out of town.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 10, 2016, 05:59:13 am »

"What is this burning feeling consuming my heart ?! Ah ! Destiny, why must you be so cruel !" laments the broken-hearted magician.

Despite the angry mob, he keeps monologuing.
"No. There is no Fate. Only the will of Magic. If Magic is stopping me from fulfilling my love with her, then it can only means..."

"I see... Of course ! I have no need for the love of a mere woman, when I have the love of Magic ! My eyes are opened, I shall never stray from the right path again dear Magic."

Ask magic to incarnate next to me the perfect wife for me, who is infinitely more beautiful than her mortal template physically and personality-wise and who will undoubtedly accept my marriage proposal. Plus, she is an awesome cook and brew great tea.

Get back into the house with her and make my house elevates in the sky with magic to get away from those troublemakers. Then properly ask her to marry me.

Magical mail order wife? Is that's where we are going now? Playing god and creating new sapient life from nothing shouldn't really be one roll miracle. It's gonna take at least two rolls. One for materializing body and giving it life, another for creating experienced soul old enough to match the body. You have plenty of 5's there lined up so it's not a problem. But the lynch mob is not going to wait for you to finish your monologue.
[4] You retreat into your house and bar the door all while talking to yourself about your self-discovery. They follow and try for force the door open. Ungrateful peons, not showing any respect... Time to make your wife.
5. Magic starts sucking air from the room and when that's not enough, air from outside. It condenses into human shape and materializes creating a human body laying on the ground. An unearthily beautiful woman, perfectly symmetric, slightly shorter than you, long flowing golden hair surrounding her head like a sun. You suspect those hairs might actually be glowing. Her body is covered by royal purple and green multi-layered silk dress so you can't tell how perfect she's under that. Her chest moves as she begins breathing, but she doesn't open her eyes.
5. Magic is not done yet. It does something you can't see, pulling something into her head, building something, putting pieces together, constructing something exceedingly complex and in some way connected to you.

5. Peasants beating your door and windows with their steel fists is getting on your nerves too much. This is an important moment, and you don't want to be interrupted when the even more important moment comes. Single levitation spell, including a gentle push to get peons out of your yard, and your house and whole plot of land gently floats up to the dark sky. You hear distant shouts declaring you a "cheater!", wishing you fine travels in form of "good riddance!" and "don't come back!". All earthly troubles are left behind and you can finally enjoy some quality silence.

Your newborn, fully adult, soon-to-be wife opens her eyes. Different from the original model, her eyes are beautiful azure with hint of amber, though that shade is hidden when her iris opens wide as she focuses on you. Smile reaches her eyes and she greets you. You help her up, get on your knees, and offer request her hand for marriage. Naturally she agrees. After all, she's made for you. Literally.

Now all you need is to find a priest who's willing to wed dangerously unpredictable mage and magical construct he made for himself.

Or maybe you should hang with your beset friend crazyabe. You have negleted him lately.

I cast "Charm People" with a 30 mile radius.
5. Invisible magical tendrils burst out from you hands and spread in every direction, seeking people and drasticly altering their opinion about you. Siege on your house ends and someone knocks you door politely. You carefully open the door and find the blacksmith (who seems to have a steel skin). He's akwardly hiding his hammer behind his back, and tells that he and the others are very sorry about this outbreak. It was just a big misunderstanding, clearly you aren't cause of all the magical problems in the town. He will personally rally the people and repair your house back in full condition tomorrow, if that's fine by you. They are a bit busy now hunting the other mages, so if you could wait for tomorrow everything will be fine again.

Teleport out of town.
4. Space wraps around your body into a bubble turning everything black and then unravels you into another place. Moon is decently bright to you see that you are in front of ruined tower. Ancient and partially overgrown, but quiet.
[5] You identify this as a place you found some time ago. It was in suprisingly good condition considering its age, indoors preserved by magic. Back then you seriously considered moving in because here wasn't any angry golems or monsters around, but ultimately decided against it for some reason. Now that your house is probably burning, it might be time to move here. It's a shame you can't show this place to your very good buddy crazyabe.

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 10, 2016, 06:21:38 am »

Uhh...Sit, meditate, watch the magic going...AAAGH get that spell off of me!  The one trying to control my mind!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:23:18 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2016, 09:25:12 am »

"I wonder how this good fellow crazyabe is doing... Maybe I should have invited him to be my best man ? It reminds me of my other mage fellows, I hope they weren't lynched by those brainless peasants."

Create a magical communication network between all playing mages, with magical channels freely openable/closable. Greet them together with my new wife, and personally contact crazyabe to ask him how things are going down there.

Gaze at the moon and the surrounding scape with my wife. Let's say she is named Anna.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2016, 09:32:01 am »

Ah crap. I CAST DISPELL ON THE PEASANTS TO REMOVE THEIR STEEL SKIN!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33