Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 70639 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2016, 11:34:19 am »

Sit around, try and conjure a rock.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2016, 01:23:13 pm »

I Say"it's Fine, I guess I'll See you tomorrow..."
And Then Close the Door and try to cast a simple information gathering Spell geared towards looking for the other Mages.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2016, 03:34:52 pm »

Uhh...Sit, meditate, watch the magic going...AAAGH get that spell off of me!  The one trying to control my mind!
You can't meditate magic away. Only way to get rid of magic is magic.
2. Nope, magic ain't gonna help you here. Only spell you get rid of is the one you used to hide your traveling gear in the tree.
You are best buddies with crazyabe now, no getting around it. And why would you not want to be friends with such awesome guy? I mean, just look at your mental image of him! You only wish you were as badass and handsome as he is! You are lucky to have such good friend.

You have now full access to clairvoyance/clairaudience communications network between the five know wild mages living in the town. Nakéen  asks how's it going.

"I wonder how this good fellow crazyabe is doing... Maybe I should have invited him to be my best man ? It reminds me of my other mage fellows, I hope they weren't lynched by those brainless peasants."

Create a magical communication network between all playing mages, with magical channels freely openable/closable. Greet them together with my new wife, and personally contact crazyabe to ask him how things are going down there.

Gaze at the moon and the surrounding scape with my wife. Let's say she is named Anna.

5. Magic springs from your fingers, seeks outwards where other mages are, and binds them into a magical communication network. What it essentially does is granting free cost clairvoyance and clairaudience to all members, tied specifically to them and letting them to decide what parts are transferred to others. For example, you could let only the clairaudience part function and only on your own voice. Very handy if you are doing something you don't want others to see/hear.
You open the magical video conference.

[1] A rain cloud has secretly arrived and blocked the view to the sky. It is very dark outside of your house, and is raining depressively. Anna hugs you saying it is okay, you two can have romantic dinner inside.

Ah crap. I CAST DISPELL ON THE PEASANTS TO REMOVE THEIR STEEL SKIN!
1. Magic decides this is perfect time to have a tantrum. It gave people such a nice protection and now you want to take it away? NOT GONNA HAPPEN! What does happen is your hands turning into solid steel. On top of that they freeze in position which can be interpreted as a very rude gesture.

And Nakéen added you into his magical communication networks and is asking "what's up dog?"

Oh, and the angry peons finally break one of your barred windows. They'll be doing unspeakably violent things to you soonish.

Sit around, try and conjure a rock.
2. Rock fails to manifest itself. The rock you are sitting on suddenly sinks into ground, making you fall over. Sudden mischievous action doesn't harm you at all, but leaves small bruise on your ego.

Nakéen initiates magical video communications.

I Say"it's Fine, I guess I'll See you tomorrow..."
And Then Close the Door and try to cast a simple information gathering Spell geared towards looking for the other Mages.
"Awesome! To tomorrow then!" the smith smiles and waves goodbye.

2. Magic doesn't want to do that. It is waste of effort, you see. Why to do that when someone else already did it?

The "someone" in question appears to be Nakéen as his ghostly upper body appears on front of you. An outlandishly beautiful woman is hugging him. The bastard, no doubt he called just to boast his luck with women! At least he has decency to ask how you are doing.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 10, 2016, 03:52:35 pm »

Explain my situation to the other mages while checking my food reserves. If I wasn't too busy with magic last week, I should have a good stock of quality ingredients left.
If that is the case, begin preparing dinner with Anna.

If they are doing okay, ask them what are they going to do now.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2016, 03:53:43 pm »

I almost forgot, I'd best Enchant "Permanent" on my charm before the magic starts to fail...
then I say
"hello Nakéen, Who's the Lady?"
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2016, 04:03:32 pm »

"Hey crazyabe, my best friend ! I introduce you Anna, my wife created through magic. We are newlywed ! Sorry for not inviting you though, I was in a bit of a hurry. I should invite you to dinner when you are free !
Anyway, I'm glad you are unharmed, did those peasants finally realize your greatness in time ? I can't fathom why anyone would want to harm you."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »

"Heya, guys. Hope you're all doing well?"

Teleport three feet to the left.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2016, 04:18:39 pm »

Well screw it, i'll just punch down a wall with my wrecking ball hands of rude gesturing and run for it!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2016, 04:42:09 am »

Explain my situation to the other mages while checking my food reserves. If I wasn't too busy with magic last week, I should have a good stock of quality ingredients left.
If that is the case, begin preparing dinner with Anna.

If they are doing okay, ask them what are they going to do now.

Asking GM to do speech action for you is recipe for disaster, unintended violence and broken friendships.

[2] It appears your food reserves are actually rather low; either you forgot to get more or magic accidentally ate some of it. You could warm up yesterday's stew and be done with it, but you need obtain more for days coming.

I almost forgot, I'd best Enchant "Permanent" on my charm before the magic starts to fail...
then I say
"hello Nakéen, Who's the Lady?"
5. The charm is reinforced to the point where it is actually rather difficult to remove even with magic. Nothing less than very strong display of willpower and perfect cooperation from magic can remove it.

"Heya, guys. Hope you're all doing well?"

Teleport three feet to the left.

...you are looking at your queue, right? And still using magic related to moving things around? On yourself?
1. Your insides feel suddenly much heavier when magic swaps your guts and other internal organs with a pile of dry dirt from somewhere underground. It feels rather unpleasant, to put it lightly, and its dryness is rapidly draining your blood. And probably getting into your veins too. Who knows what parasites that pile might contain?

Well screw it, i'll just punch down a wall with my wrecking ball hands of rude gesturing and run for it!
[1] Your steel fists of rude gesturing +1 connects with the wall in wrong angle, bending your wrists and tearing themselves off of your flesh. Heavy *thunk* on the ground is followed by a spray of blood as it gushes out of your torn wrists unimpended.

Door breaks and more steel skinned peons pour in. Two of them stop to laugh at your predicament with sadistic glee in their eyes, but rest move in to kill and maim with various weaponized farming implements. This is a problem that requires magic to fix it, and at the moment it looks like magic is doing its best to ignore you.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2016, 06:43:31 am »

((I was hoping I'd get teleported into a battle of some sort. Oh well, at least I've got the 5 to recover.))

Magic healing time.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2016, 07:18:52 am »

Start trying to remove the permanent charm.  Also I am not sending anything to anyone at this time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2016, 08:12:33 am »

Now, I think it's about time I started Magically Redecorating My Home.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2016, 01:59:23 pm »

((I was hoping I'd get teleported into a battle of some sort. Oh well, at least I've got the 5 to recover.))

Magic healing time.
That could have happened on 6.

5. Magic is fickle like that. One moment it mutilates you and on next it heals you beyond expections. Not only the whole "dirt instead of guts" thing get reversed, but you also feel full of energy, well rested even. All your bodily needs are handled, all old scars and blemishes disappear as if they never existed in first place. You can't remember when you felt this healthy before. Probably never.

Start trying to remove the permanent charm.  Also I am not sending anything to anyone at this time.
[6] You manage to convience yourself of that crazyabe had some nefarious purposes in mind when he casted the spell, but you still can't bring yourself to dislike the guy. You try to remove it anyway.
3. Magic wrestles with itself and loses. And wins. It loses because the spell wasn't removed and it wins for same reason.

Now, I think it's about time I started Magically Redecorating My Home.
4. You do think about magically redecorating your home. Bookshelves are moved to another wall, tables rotate and move under another window. Rugs move around. Paintings find new places for themselves. All your furniture does that. Hearth doesn't. Because it is kinda fixed in place.
In the end your home has refreshing new look. Nothing really new, but different layout. Which is fine.

Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2016, 02:13:14 pm »

Meh, make a rock from magic.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2016, 02:16:29 pm »

Hmm, looking at those dice I'm thinking I'd best cast "Improve Luck" before I cast anything else.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33