Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 71982 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2016, 03:38:12 pm »

Try again.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2016, 03:46:09 pm »

((woops, I was sure I posted something for this turn. Weird.))
Warm up yesterday stew and have dinner.
After having a nice romantic dinner, I use magic to modify my house and lawn's floating spell properties.

>Through the intermediate of a magical orb, anyone will be able to freely move the house around. And of course, the spell always maintains the house at horizontal level, it would be catastrophic to be turned upside down.
If it's not too much to ask to magic, I also transform the spare room into a command room, complete with navigational charts, compass, barometers, etc...

If it's too much for magic, I will just repurpose the room myself. I traveled a lot in my prime, and I always kept maps and instruments.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:24:31 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2016, 06:12:30 pm »

AAAAH! run up the stairs spraying blood from my wrists at the peasants chasing me! try to cast healing on myself too!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2016, 05:33:46 am »

Meh, make a rock from magic.
3. You get a small pebble which breaks into a pile of sand almost immediately.

Hmm, looking at those dice I'm thinking I'd best cast "Improve Luck" before I cast anything else.
5. Luck is only matter of probabilities falling into your way. This enchantment actively seeks out those probabilities and pull them to you. Usually this is away from others because it is you who will find the treasure map and not the next guy in the line. And it won't be you to step on that hidden trap, but someone else. It won't help you with wild magic because it is spawn of Chaos, it does what it does and no probabilities are involved there. But anywhere else where luck may help, it does.

Like here:

Try again.
[3-1] You can't work willpower to even try magic. And why bother? It's not like the spell is harming you or anything. Does it really hurt that much to like crazyabe? No, it doesn't. You should actually focus on the things that matter. Like the fact that you are in the wilds alone and it's night already. It wouldn't be prudent idea to put some distance between you and the bloodthirsty villagers before they bring hunters to track you.

((woops, I was sure I posted something for this turn. Weird.))
Warm up yesterday stew and have dinner.
After having a nice romantic dinner, I use magic to modify my house and lawn's floating spell properties.

>Through the intermediate of a magical orb, anyone will be able to freely move the house around. And of course, the spell always maintains the house at horizontal level, it would be catastrophic to be turned upside down.
If it's not too much to ask to magic, I also transform the spare room into a command room, complete with navigational charts, compass, barometers, etc...

If it's too much for magic, I will just repurpose the room myself. I traveled a lot in my prime, and I always kept maps and instruments.

[6] It ends up being a little too burned. Anna claims it is still ok and eats her portion wearing a smile, but you can tell it isn't ok because her eyes twitch occasionally. It's adorable how she tries to not hurt your feelings, and in same time it makes you feel bad. Frankly speaking, cooking is secondary skill for a mage, but it still hurts. At least you can trust on your professionalism when it comes to magic.

5. A nice indestructible crystal orb manifests itself on your right hand, and its sister on your left. Finely tuned with the levitation spell it allows perfect control of this floating chunk of land. The sister ball cannot leave the house and will always come to the person who wants it. The brother always comes to you when you want it and its control will supersede sister's. You know, just in case if someone tries to steal your house when you are away. The orbs will prevent accidental collisions with ground and other objects pilot is unaware of.
Of course, magic is feeling your sadness about your bad cooking and your need to compensate it with magnificent magic. It takes all your navigation tools stored in the house, then it removes all other stuff from the spare room and turns it into a... hallucination. Kind of thing where you enter in and your senses are overtaken by magic to display the world around the house from high above. It shows all kinds of usefull navigation information on request, such as orientation, distances, names of known locations, weather, other flying things in its airspace, ect. Very handy.

AAAAH! run up the stairs spraying blood from my wrists at the peasants chasing me! try to cast healing on myself too!
[4] Fast pulse and arterial spray comes handy when trying to impend assailants, giving you just enough time to try magic.
2. Nah hah. How about it restores bits of your burned eyebrows? Sounds like what you really need right now.

You are getting dizzy. Your vision is darkening on edges, your hear only your own pulse, your breathing fast and shallow. Every step up the stairs is another couple cups of blood out of your stumps. Death is coming, you see its shadow waiting you upstairs. It has waited for you so long, it is happy to see you finally coming.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:35:48 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:38 am »

I Take a "Short trip" down to Dustan Hache's House.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2016, 06:42:23 am »

I Take a "Short trip" down to Dustan Hache's House.
Is that a spell? Or just euphemism for taking your sweet time to wait for his death and then loot his corpse?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2016, 06:54:05 am »

((It's a euphemism.))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 13, 2016, 11:25:47 am »

(There is no chance in hell I rolled that many 2s what the heck are you using?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 13, 2016, 12:00:23 pm »

But it's NEFARIOUS PURPOSES!  I MUST TRY AGAIN!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2016, 12:10:10 pm »

Teleport Dustan's Dice of Order to me.

Magic up some defenses for my new house.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:13:03 pm by Whisperling »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 13, 2016, 12:56:47 pm »

This: https://www.random.org/dice/?num=1
Take a look at others' queue. There's plenty of same numbers in row. Dunno why, but it seems RNG hates you for some reason. Dunno why people keep rolling same numbers so much.

Also:
Just heads up, I'm not gonna let that happen.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 13, 2016, 12:59:17 pm »

This: https://www.random.org/dice/?num=1
Take a look at others' queue. There's plenty of same numbers in row. Dunno why, but it seems RNG hates you for some reason. Dunno why people keep rolling same numbers so much.

Also:
Just heads up, I'm not gonna let that happen.
(that is not really all that random. try a different roller.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 13, 2016, 01:08:45 pm »

((random.org is MORE random than PRNGs...))
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 13, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »

((To be fair, randomness doesn't mean you will always get different numbers. And the chance to roll series of number still exist, it's just...really really low.
I personally stopped caring about dice moods. Whether I use some weird website, a live dice or a simple random number algorithm, the results never seem that random to me.))

Ask magic to teleport my fellow mages to safety. After hearing Dustan gargles, I'm getting a bit worried.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 04:55:00 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 13, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »

okay, this looks bad, but a wizard always has a plan. I challenge death to a game of foot chess!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33