Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 71677 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #405 on: March 17, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »

"Morken Dorth Hidden Mansion" ?... I don't know what this is, but it's the least I could do after you saved me."
Cast the spell 'Morken Dorth's Hidden Mansion', whatever it may be.
You assume I know what that spell does.
You assume you need to know what it does.  Wild Magic is wild...Tee hee....
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 17, 2016, 04:37:33 pm »

"Morken Dorth Hidden Mansion" ?... I don't know what this is, but it's the least I could do after you saved me."
You assume I know what that spell does.
((Quite Simply I Convinced Nakeen to cast a spell that Creates a Permanent Invisible portal to an Extra Dimensional Housing Structure that can only be accessed by mages or anyone they specify.))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 17, 2016, 10:45:28 pm »

Make a sandwich.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 18, 2016, 06:14:59 am »

Interestingly so far no one has used free picks. Probably because no problem has lasted long enough for bad rolls to become bigger problem. And I'm actually fine with that! I'm beginning to consider that the problem with free picks was free picks themselves. I like how this is going at the moment.

Earth-shape a huge hand and use it to smother the fire monster.
[3+2] You climb top of the wall using convenient stairs you didn't notice before and channel the spell through your staff. Extensively large and detailed hand bursts from forest, climbing high towards the creature, increasing in size until it reaches it. Huge stone fist closes around the fireball, making it burst outwards in huge explosion of fire. However, it seems that didn't kill it as the burst of fire collapses back to its original size and generates second fire tornado to slash the stone hand with. Of course this ineffectual flailing hurts stone as much as stone hurt fire. That is; not at all.

Hmm, you need to change your approach.

"Where...are we ? Crazyabe ? Did you save us ? I can't thank you enough."

Ask him what will be his goal now. As for us, the town is currently too dangerous for us, and we would like to start a new life. Oh, and also warn him about my floating house, I don't know if the AAWS is still in there. If it isn't, it may be close or not...
I don't know what his goal is. You can warn him by yourself, assume you did.

"I Have a Fairly Good Idea, Why don't you cast The Spell 'Morken Dorth's Hidden Mansion' In here?"
I Say While Casting the Spells "Recolor Food" and "Revert Hair".
2. Your food is starting to look even more inedible, looking like it has many abscesses.
2. Second spell is equally unsuccesfull. A tattoo of third eye appears on your forehead, which you realize only because Anna points it out.

I'll go with this interpretation for casting a spell without knowing what it is: It is basically same as telling magic to do whatever it wants to. Roll tells only how benevolent magic is feeling at the moment.
5. The spell goes off without a hitch, but you have no idea what it did because apparently nothing changed. At least nothing you can see, hear, smell or feel.

"Please, you needn't use an honorific.  My name will be fine.  As for your name, how does...Laudata sound?  Have you a preference?

For that matter, we should probably come up with a plan for what to do next...Can't stay here all night.  Well I guess we could but I don't see why we should at the moment.  What do you want to do?"
"It's a honor to receive name from your lordship. From now on, Laudata is my name." She says, completely ignoring your request to drop honorifics. "I want to establish a town, a city, a nation, safe place for my kind, whom I wish to see more. That however is completely up to you, my lord. For more immediate goals I would recommend finding and establishing a stronghold to begin our operations."

Make a sandwich.
[1] For sandwitch you need slice of bread, butter and some meat at minimum. Which takes effort to find when you are so far from your lodgings. So you decide to not bother with finding those raw materials and rather rob some unfortunate sod close by. Two heavy hands grabbing your shoulders disturbs your business of forcibly obtaining late night snacks. Town guard would like to have word with you. In private.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 18, 2016, 06:24:03 am »

Cast a spell to make it vulnerable to smothering, then use the time it's wasting on attacking the fist to smother it once again.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2016, 08:24:11 am »

Well let's start doing that, with magic.  Probably needs a teleportation spell.  Do not forget Laudata.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:05:05 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2016, 11:35:03 am »

I Retry Casting "Improve Meal" Three more times.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2016, 12:48:53 pm »

My next roll should be a 6, actually.

Cast amnesia on the guard. Escape the house, leaving my plundered ingredients behind; I didn't want a sandwich that badly.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2016, 02:17:16 pm »

Cast amnesia on the guard. Escape the house, leaving my plundered ingredients behind; I didn't want a sandwich that badly.
You didn't clearly say you wanted to do magic, so I interpreted it as regular non magical action. Which coincidentally resulted 1.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

"We will take our leave crazyabe. We can't stay here, this place is dangerous for us."

Take some clothes to hide ourselves : hood, cape. Leave the village, heading toward the nearest populated settlement.
Use magic beforehand to generate enough provisions of sufficient quality for the travel.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2016, 04:57:23 pm »

Cast a spell to make it vulnerable to smothering, then use the time it's wasting on attacking the fist to smother it once again.
4. Yet another spell flies off to do something to pure elemental fire, deeply violating its very existance.
[1+2] Stone arm moves slowly, barely touching the fire thing as it escapes from your clutch.

The monster generates more tentacles, whipping both the stone arm and the forest around, igniting more trees to contribute the forest fire going on.

Well let's start doing that, with magic.  Probably needs a teleportation spell.  Do not forget Laudata.
4. You set up a teleportation spell without strictly defined goal. Instead you give the magic a loose description of area you want to go and hope it finds a good match.

Space swirls around you, blackens and reveals your new surroundings. You seem to be on rooftop of some tower. Walking to the edge you find that this is indeed a fine fortress. It's in good shape, well maintained and already occupied. Fires on the walls reveals small number of archers in uniform patrolling on walls. On the courtyard is wooden buildings; a stable, probably a smithy, possibly a storage or barracks. All guarded by armored spearmen. The tower you are on seems to be part of larger stone building forming back part of the wall.
Beyond the walls is nothing but darkness of cloudy night, so you don't have any idea where this is or if the location is defensible in first place. It probably is; military minds don't usually waste effort and resources to build fortresses on undefendable places. Unless the place is of strategic importance.

Laudata whispers into your ear, "We need to deal with them in some way if we want to use this. Unfortunately I do not think I can handle them fast and quietly enough, so if your lordship would be so kind...?"

I Retry Casting "Improve Meal" Three more times.
You really love your meal, don't you?
6. First spell returns the colors and appearance normal, but now your food shoots out rainbow colored sparks. You are not sure what to make of that, so you try again.
6. The smell of delicious food makes you drool, literally and overwhelmingly.
[1] You can't resist the smell and shove your head into the pot, showing food into your mouth with both hands. Explosion of fantastic taste combined with the smell makes your knees give up and eyes roll up. This is the best thing you have ever tasted! Thanks to the overwhelming euphoria you fail to notice your loss of balance. You fall backwards on the floor, ignoring everything and spasming stupid smile on your face.

Enjoy your trip!

1. Heh. Instead of removing memories magic feeds them to the guard. You entire plan to sic villagers on the mages so you can steal their precious artifacts.

"I see. So pestilence, death of livestock and rotting grains were all your fault. I believe this is where I say 'You are under arrest. Dead or alive, you're coming with me.'"

One guard draws his sword and another throws a punch at your face. Guess they know that unconscious mage is harmless mage.

"We will take our leave crazyabe. We can't stay here, this place is dangerous for us."

Take some clothes to hide ourselves : hood, cape. Leave the village, heading toward the nearest populated settlement.
Use magic beforehand to generate enough provisions of sufficient quality for the travel.

It's very difficult to ignore smell of enchanted food.
[1] Impossible even. Ignoring crazyabe falling over you too jump to stuff your mouth full of food that is now essentially magical LSD. Unbelievable! You can taste so many incredible foods in this! Spicy, sweet, salty, blue, stony, bright, rosy, bear, narwhal, ice, sun, wind, divine demon time paintcalltouchfireswirlmathrealanswerquestionlifebirthdeathoilmagic...

Enjoy your trip together! All three of you!

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2016, 05:00:21 pm »

"I should have specified that I wanted somewhere unoccupied...Bother."

Do I recognize these uniforms?
Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2016, 05:05:28 pm »

Cast, uh, Giant Fireball of Doom.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 18, 2016, 05:11:04 pm »

"I should have specified that I wanted somewhere unoccupied...Bother."

Do I recognize these uniforms?
Yeah, actually. Colors match to neighbouring kingdom of Arkea, which isn't really that far to east. Their country spans right up to the Spine, impassable mountain range on edge of the world. Even the flag is a dead give away, but you don't recognize the coat-of-arms. Current relations between you country and this one are peaceful if somewhat tense. War might be brewing in a decade or two if nothing is done about it. Or so actual lords and barons whisper.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2016, 05:18:51 pm »

"I don't particularly want to tick off a kingdom...Seems a bit too dramatic.  Let's try again."

...Hmm.

Pick a 5 and teleport again.  Add 'not occupied or owned' to the parameters.  Do not forget Laudata.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33