Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 50088 times)

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #435 on: March 21, 2016, 03:36:57 am »

Try the light again, pick up the wooden thing.
4. A small rod with crystal ball attached on top materializes on your hand and the ball starts glowing cool blue light. It's not terribly bright, but works fine for dispelling darkness. You pick up the wooden thing magic summoned for you earlier. It appears to be a rough carved figurine of you holding an unlit torch.

As far as you can tell, this whole fortress is carved from single stone. Walls, floor, buildings... all are part of same stone. Walking around you find remains of wooden structures, but those have rotten long time ago and are basically nothing more than fossilized stumps.
  Main gate is closed. You can't tell if mechanical parts still works, but the massive granite double doors seem intact enough. Above the gateway arch you see numerous holes, probably intented for shooting invaders and coating them in hot oil. You climb up stairs to top of the walls and peer outside, but darkness is too deep to tell any details. You have to wait for daylight before you can make any educated guesses how defensible this location is. Or summon miniature sun, but that would alarm any sapient creature nearby. You are not sure if you want that just yet.
  The fortress proper probably had wooden doors long time ago, but now all that remains are huge thoroughly rusted hinges and pieces of metal. Straight path leads deep inside without a single doorframe on sight.

>Enter the Library.
Cobblestone melts under your feet as you approach the library. You reach to the floating red robe to push it out of the way, but halt because of rarther curious sensation it gives. The moment you stop it attaches to your skin and flows like a water under your clothes, covering your entire body with red layer. It doesn't set off any of your literal alarm bells floating around so you let it do what it wants. Once it settles down you swing the double doors open and march through to a [1] pier on bog pond.
  Sick smell of rotting corpses invades your nose, and you immediately turn around to escape it, but the door is gone. There's nothing but a ugly swamp around you as far as you can see, which makes you glad to have wooden pier under your feet, rickety as it is. Turning around once more you study closer your immediate surroundings. Swamp is swamp, nothing more you can learn from that. The pier is simple and contains no knowledge. Emaciated fisherman sitting at far end of the pier is probably only note worthy thing, so you choose to approach him.
  You walk right behind him, but either he doesn't hear you or he ignores you. You clear your throat, making your presence known to anyone with ears, but no avail. Getting mildly annoyed you reach to touch his shoulder and THAT finally causes reaction. His head spins around like owl's revealing his empty eye sockets and dead man's grin. His head keeps spinning and twisting his entire body into a macabre flesh screw until he explodes into a mass of crows. They fly out and return, each settling down on logs driven into bog. They caw each in different voice. It takes you a few moments to realize that their combined voice forms understandable words.
  He comes. He wants. What he wants? Answers. Does he know right questions? He doesn't. Ask.

"You know I can't willingly let you win ! I know, next game I will play blind okay ? I have faith in you, you can win if you want !"

Play blind-chess for the next game, it should be a suitable handicap. If I notice I am going to win, purposely lose.
Than choose the small box.

[6] You reset the pieces and pull some smaller clouds on your eyes. Even like this is extremely easy to play. You make him dance on your palms, sacrificing your pieces and eating his until you are down to king of land and he with single pawn and king of air. Letting his pawn reach end of the table and transform into queen of words is culmination of your entire battle plan. No, being blindfolded is no handicap. If anything, it is a boost.
  Your subconscious is perfectly aware how you are playing around with it. It is, after all, your subconscious. It knows things you don't, often earlier than you. He fumes, he burns the clouds, he calls brother volcano and he spits his fiery saliva everywhere. He know he won only because it was part of your plan, and he resents it. He picks the small box, tears it open, and shoves its content into your mouth.
  Metallic taste fills your mouth, and your cheeks tingle and itch. You raise your hand to touch them and find they are hard and coarse. Repeatedly and rhythmically tingling slowly transforms into pain, shaking your vision and filling your ears with desperate pleads.

Wake up!

Reinforce the dome, and make sure I can get out if I need to. Then summon a map of the world.
I assume you want direct magic instead of using staff.
6. Something happens but you don't see what. It may have something to do with these metal spikes that just nailed you onto ground. Straight through your both legs. Thoughts of maps are not your first priority right now. Besides you have maps already. All kinds of neat and useless maps.

Cast evil clone on the fireball; they should be too busy duelling to destroy the village.

Quote from: queue
6
this could not possibly go wrong
You wriggle up and out of the potato pile and peek outside in order to do more dangerous magic. The fireball is gone, so there goes your genius plan. What you do have is a firestorm. Everything that can burn does so, flames are everywhere, ground is hardened, dried and cracked, thick black smoke fills the sky. Essentially you are hiding in a small hole in middle of burning hell.
  In distance you hear pained screams, but beyond that all you hear is roar of fire. And a heavy thump as something falls from sky, cracks of stone as it bends and reforms itself. Instincts tell you that hiding in your hole is a rather good idea.



Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #436 on: March 21, 2016, 04:29:10 am »

"You think that's a trap, or are we just lucky?"
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #437 on: March 21, 2016, 04:45:31 am »

"You think that's a trap, or are we just lucky?"
"I don't know. It smells ancient."
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #438 on: March 21, 2016, 05:01:20 am »

"I could try magic, but it wouldn't quite succeed.."
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #439 on: March 21, 2016, 05:48:32 am »

"I could try magic, but it wouldn't quite succeed.."
"Or we could throw that figurine in, if my lord isn't attached to it. It bears striking resemblance."
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Elephant Parade

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #440 on: March 21, 2016, 02:16:25 pm »

If it's made of stone, it probably can't survive a localized earthquake.

This is simultaneously the best and worst queue.
Logged
Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class. Comrade.

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #441 on: March 21, 2016, 02:18:48 pm »

"We could."

Try that.  Move in 1-[local measurement unit] increments, watch for hostile magic, and/or holes in the wall.
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #442 on: March 21, 2016, 02:45:53 pm »

"Sore...loser !"

Wake up gasping for air and try to assess the situation. Where is Anna ?
Logged

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #443 on: March 21, 2016, 03:52:47 pm »

If it's made of stone, it probably can't survive a localized earthquake.

This is simultaneously the best and worst queue.
Indirect attacks? Yes, that's probably good idea. Better make it sure it's destroyed fast, otherwise you are in big trouble.

6. Earth shakes. Then it shakes faster, stronger. Ceiling of the cellar collapses, leaving you in shrinking hole. Ground splits somewhere, making horrible crack. Wave after wave sweeps through the town radically reforming its topography. New hills are being made, new lakes are born (as soon as water from existing one flows into it) and people die.
  And what about you? [3] Well, your life sucks. The cellar you were hiding was overturned and lots of freely moving dirt fell on you. You had enough sense to cover your face and head and that's only reason you are breathing right now. Not that it's gonna last long. There ain't much air left to breathe. Also, you are being crushed by several tons of dirt. Have fun with that.
  And the AAWS? [2] Hmm, we may see it later. Or not.

"We could."

Try that.  Move in 1-[local measurement unit] increments, watch for hostile magic, and/or holes in the wall.
[4] You throw the figurine in like a flat stone to calm lake and wath it bouncing and breaking into pieces. Nothing seems crush or cut it and it stops beyond reach of your light. This opens three possibilities in your mind. First, there are no traps. Second, there are traps but they are broken due age and lack of maintainance. Third, there are traps but they need something heavier to trigger them. Your chances being fine are two of three so you proceed in carefully, Laudata following closely behind.
  The pathway goes straight for about thirty meters until it comes in abrupt end. Or rather it branches into two directions in sharp angle. The backwall has five embrasures, all slightly angled to right. These are notably larger than what you usually see in any fortified place and... oh yeah, you spot glint of steel in each. You fall flat on ground and Laudata follows your fine example. Ten long seconds passes without anything happening.

"Sore...loser !"

Wake up gasping for air and try to assess the situation. Where is Anna ?
Tells something about you, doesn't it?

You wake up still tasting sunshine, moonshine, stars and rainbows on your tongue. Anna is above you, tears in eyes and hand raised to slap you awake again. Seeing you're awake she stops, collects herself wiping tears out and gives you a hug. At this point you notice two things. First of all, you are not in the kitchen. The ceiling is entirely unfamiliar and made of stone. Single glance proves this room belongs to someone far better off than crazyabe ever was. Nice high quality furnishing, mahogany tables, thick rugs and drapes.
  [5] Second thing you notice is a hard object in your mouth. A disk, if your senses are correct. And rather large one. With this sudden awareness you push Anna away, roll on your knees and start fishing it out of your mouth while fighting against gag reflex. It takes many tries, but you do get it out without vomiting your dinner out in progress.
  The disk is apparently made of glass. Extremely clear glass, I might add. Clearest glass you have seen in your life. It has smoothed edges and as far as you can tell, it is perfectly round. Perfectly. Repeated for added emphasis.

Oh, and crazyabe is laying on the floor near you. He's still drooling.


Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #444 on: March 21, 2016, 03:55:29 pm »

"What do you think...?"

Inspect the devices as best as I am able from my current position.
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

  • Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #445 on: March 21, 2016, 04:43:47 pm »

Try to wake myself up.
Logged

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #446 on: March 21, 2016, 05:06:10 pm »

Try to wake myself up.
(Such a feeling of deja vu :P)
Logged

Elephant Parade

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2016, 05:18:41 pm »

Attempt to dig out.
Logged
Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class. Comrade.

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • Riddles within riddles.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #448 on: March 21, 2016, 06:23:50 pm »

Use magic to get myself healed and off the spikes. Note that I actually meant to use earth shaping there.
Logged

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #449 on: March 21, 2016, 11:53:08 pm »

"Thank you honey, but what about you, are you okay ? And do you know what happened and how did we end up here ?"

Then realize my bestest bestie crazyabe is visibly not in a confortable situation. Slap some consciousness into him.


Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33