Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 70669 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #480 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:30 am »

Wouldn't recommend it. You know what Nietzsche said about staring into abyss? Besides you lack senses and tools to look at it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2016, 11:43:25 am »

I figured.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 29, 2016, 01:26:16 pm »

I cast 'See Magic' and 'Slow Danger' in quick Succession.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 29, 2016, 02:01:24 pm »

Cast two spells to get rid of the popped boils (pus not necessarily included), then summon a magic item.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 29, 2016, 03:22:50 pm »

(What is this enchantment liking me to crazyabe ? What has been done to me ? What the hell is magic ?)

As I realize and ponder many terrible truths, I decide that it may be for the best to distance myself from crazyabe. He seems to attract a weird kind of danger, and something is linking me to him, which makes me feel suspicious.
Well, I first should find a way not to get eaten by the eldritch salmon that just appeared in front of us, pondering and asking can come later.

Don't even try to look at the "eldritch salmon" with the glass, I don't need further mental scarring.
Cast a spell to teleport the being at the AAWS location.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 30, 2016, 05:04:19 am »

"And mysterious.  Can't forget mysterious."

Well, I meant look for actual magic...
I figured.
Well, if you insist...

4. The spell digs into your eyes like a bunch of knives, modifying them briefly and letting you to see into a darkness that is magic. What you see is like countless wires, tightly tangled together in looping tentacles moving around wildly, touching ...places, burning away and growing elsewhere. It's a chaotic mess; you cannot tell where one wired tentacle ends and where another begins. Somehow you can tell you have its attention, more than anything else it's looking at. It is constantly touching you, or rather your soul.

The spell fades, leaving you with throbbing headache.

I cast 'See Magic' and 'Slow Danger' in quick Succession.
5. Nothing in particular changes in your view. As the creature pulls itself backwards coiling its long body against the wall behind it, it reaveals a door leading out of the room. The door is covered by dark tendrils. About twenty or so are going off to various horizontal directions, few of them disappearing and new ones appearing pointing in different direction. Quick glance to another door on your left reveals exactly same view. Your enhanced sight tells you that these doors do not have fixed counterpart; instead they lead to another rooms that are necessarily anywhere close or even same room. Door handles have a knot of tendrils for sensing desire. Your desire.

3. The Slow Danger spell does not make the creature slower by any helpful degree. Perhaps it gives you a second or two extra time to wonder how painful being eaten alive will be.

In a flash a mass of dark tendrils appears in front of the creature, move to cover it completely, stretches the whole mass into a single thread and moves out of your sight faster than you can see. All that remains of it is pile of acidic slime.

Fire on the rug spreads hungrily.

And your lucky enchantment wears off. Guess you spent all your luck with this encounter.

Cast two spells to get rid of the popped boils (pus not necessarily included), then summon a magic item.
3. 3. First spell reduces size of the boils and stops pus. Second spell shrinks them even further, not completely getting rid of them but making it look like you have a bad case of acne. Sensitive to touch, but tolerable.

6. A bracer plops out of thin air. It's made of silver, decorated with small glass spheres embedded in onyx. Inscribed lines connect each of these glass and onyx bubbles together on both sides, only separated by a lengthwise silver ridge on top of the bracer. Inside the bracer is someone's bleeding arm indicating that someone somewhere just lost his. Judging by material and quality the sleeve, its previous owner was rather wealthy type. If the hidden blade coated in some oily liquid is any indication, he probably was also involved in dangerous business.

(What is this enchantment liking me to crazyabe ? What has been done to me ? What the hell is magic ?)

As I realize and ponder many terrible truths, I decide that it may be for the best to distance myself from crazyabe. He seems to attract a weird kind of danger, and something is linking me to him, which makes me feel suspicious.
Well, I first should find a way not to get eaten by the eldritch salmon that just appeared in front of us, pondering and asking can come later.

Don't even try to look at the "eldritch salmon" with the glass, I don't need further mental scarring.
Cast a spell to teleport the being at the AAWS location.

Less salmon, more eel.
4. The thing disappears, leaving only dissolving slime behind. Last problem remaining is the fire.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 30, 2016, 06:30:06 am »

Cast a spell to get rid of what remains of the boils, then summon an identification scroll.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 30, 2016, 09:31:53 am »

Have an idea about what to do.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 30, 2016, 12:26:03 pm »

Open the door and leave for The blacksmith's home, he should be home by now at least...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 30, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »

Cast a spell to get rid of what remains of the boils, then summon an identification scroll.
3. It's now light case of acne.

Summoning/conjuring/inscribing spell scrolls is effectively saving your roll for future use spell. This is essentially free action. You get a spell scroll which casts spell specified at time of creation with first magic roll you had in time of creation. But I really should rule against scroll making with 1's and 2's so you can't get away with those. So in your case you get a scroll of identification, which rolls 6 when used.

Have an idea about what to do.
[2] Uh... Well... Dunno what to do. Twiddle your thumbs? Sleep? It's rather late night after all.

Open the door and leave for The blacksmith's home, he should be home by now at least...
You walk bridkly to the door and try to open it. It doesn't budge. Your sight tells brief activity taking place in magic covering the door before one thread of magic expands rapidly pushing all others out of the way. It thickens around the doorframe and pulls all other magic out of it. You give the door experiment push and this time it opens without resistance.

On other side of the door is not blacksmith's house. It's not even your house, which Anna remarks with suprise. That was the very same door he dragged you two from your kitchen. What you see here is ravaged countryside. Fresh soil forming hills, new crags out, burning pieces of broken houses and trees sticking out of soils in odd angles, river of mud flowing into lake of mud. Wherever you see normal upright trees, they are all on fire.

From behind closest hill you hear lamentation of women, screams of wounded and uncontrolled sobbing buried under cry of despair. Hmm.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:39:37 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 30, 2016, 03:37:28 pm »

"Hm.  I wonder if it's safe to rest here.

Laudata, what do you think?"

If Laudata thinks it's safe, and I think it's safe, then yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
Sigtext

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 30, 2016, 05:30:49 pm »

Wait, my skele-pen is an artifact and not just a gruesome writing implement? If it might actually do something useful, use that scroll I just made on it.

If not, just use on the bracer. I figure out what a thingamajig of power does either way.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 31, 2016, 02:35:09 pm »

The game of wild magic continues here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157303.0

I'll start another test game here later.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 2: Butterfly effect
« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2016, 02:04:52 pm »

--forgotten--
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:05:47 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 2: Butterfly effect
« Reply #494 on: April 07, 2016, 11:48:02 pm »

Hmm...Butterfly effect, huh? Sounds like whatever we do is going to have incredibly big repurcusions down the line. I'm not totally sure, and my sleep deprived brain isn't applying it's self that well, but I will say this: we need to choose carefully.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]