Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 70687 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 02:56:46 am »

((I didn't have anything in mind. I just wanted to see what combined ones would do.))
Combined ones would be catastrophic level supernatural event. Derived roll would tell how catastrophic exactly. -2 roll modifier because there's no good kind of catastrophes.

((May I start up another game with your dice mechanics?))
Sure, it is only a system anyway. Not even complete one. Feel free to give it your own spin.

drive salsa to their chosen detination. there is no way this could go right Horridly wrong with a 6!
6. You totally ignore the dude who you ran over and who then pulled you out to beat you. You also ignore the die that bounced out of your head. Now then, back into car, and hit pedal to the metal. The truck accelerates pleasantly fast, thanks to having no cargo, and soon it practically flies over smaller cracks and knocks smaller cars out of the way. This is the best kind of ball game you know!

I take a 4. I tell Dustan to "take me to Ball Game!"
You can do that without roll, but let's take the 4 anyway. You tell him to do that. Apparently his idea of a ball game is driving like a maniac and crashing on other cars.

Take the five, and delve into the dust clouds to find my double-six magic loot.

I'm guessing that the easiest way to get new dice is stealing them from other players?
5. You jump over cracks spewing hot smoke and magma monsters to the soccer field. The field, as far as you can tell, is littered with thousands of bladed weapons stuck into ground. Daggers, swords, spears, halberds, axes of all kinds. Some are very plain looking, others are extremely decorated and every single looks dangerously sharp.

At the moment other players would be easiest source of dice. I think it would work fine for PvP, as I consider your dice as your HP, however more story focused system needs an alternative source.

I step back, take a deep breath, pay careful attention to my form, and roll the ball down the lane, keeping the pro's hints in mind.

6 6 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 5

I combine two twos and a one.
Well, the bowling alley is kinda ruined, thanks to Salsacookies. The ceiling collapsed and (6) you dodged out of the way but accidentally pushed one of girls into way of falling rubble. She got impaled by a steel beam and now she's crying and cursing your name.

Tomasque:
  Roll queue: 2 3 3 4 4 3 2 6
  Free picks: 0/5
    Regeneration

inaluct:
  Roll queue: 6 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 5 2
  Free picks: 5/5
    Bowler

Whisperling:
  Roll queue: 4 4 3 4 1 4 2 4
  Free picks: 1/5
    Sprained ankle
    Unlimited Blade Works

Dustan Hache:
  Roll queue: 2 5 6 5 2 5 5 5 6
  Free picks: 5/5
    Truck

Salsacookies
  Roll queue: 3 3 2 2 4 4 3 4
    Catastrophe

In.
Noted.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 07:58:49 am »

Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.

I remove the harlot from the steel beam and perform emergency life saving surgery on her on the floor of the ruined bowling alley.
6 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 5 2

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2016, 08:06:33 am »

Your welcome :)

I get out of the truck, and go forward, to the baseball stadium
Yep, the sig is here
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 09:14:06 am »

Dump my queue for a new one.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 10:33:39 am »

Make a sandwich.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 11:05:44 am »

put 2+2 together. use a 5 and arrive safely at our destination.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2016, 11:18:54 am »

Arm myself to the teeth.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2016, 03:04:14 pm »

I remove the harlot from the steel beam and perform emergency life saving surgery on her on the floor of the ruined bowling alley.
6 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 5 2
6. The harlot screams curses and faints in mid rescue operation as you jank the beam a bit too much sideways. All bark and no bite. Typical.
5. Emergancy life saving surgery is indeed needed. She's bleeding way too fast. You basically have to amputate her leg entirely and stop bleeding somehow. And you don't exactly have tools for that... Well, she will probably hate you for this, but her life is more important. You pull off your belt and apply it as an makeshift tournique. Then you take of her belt and use it in same way. It works somehow, and reduces the bleeding to more acceptable levels.
Now that bleeding is handled it is time for amputation. This part especially is going to suck since you don't have any cutting tools available. You pick up the very same steel beam that impaled her and proceed to pulp what remains of her leg with it. Bone was already shattered and there isn't that much of flesh holding the leg in place.
Anyone else would think this is brutal torture, but you know better. It's really good she's out of it.

Your welcome :)

I get out of the truck, and go forward, to the baseball stadium
This city doesn't have such things, but neighbouring one does. Getting there by feet will take a while.
Oh and (3) jumping out of moving truck breaks your leg. Well done.

Dump my queue for a new one.
2. Nope. You have no idea how to do that.

Make a sandwich.
Noted as in "noted, you are on the theoretical waitlist that may come into play if anyone dies or loses all their dice." Sorry for being unclear about that.

put 2+2 together. use a 5 and arrive safely at our destination.
You really want to make things that much worse? Fine. 1. As the volcanic ash keeps rising from fresh gaps on earth, the sky darkens starts spitting lightning down. That and magma monsters combined means that a lot of things are on fire. And dead.
5. Wasn't the destination the game you are playing? Your truck as a bowling ball and all other cars and civilians as pins? Besides your passenger jumped off so there isn't that much as "our" anymore. Well, there's the Final Destination, but you probably don't want that. Anyway, you drive over some people and magma monsters, make easily over few gaps, ignore a lot of traffic regulations and approach the river fast.

Arm myself to the teeth.
4. You grab a dagger to put into your shoe, but release instantly because it is HOT. Interestingly enough you don't seem to receive any actual damage so you try again. Yup, it burns to touch but doesn't actually hurt you. Damn magic. Anyway, you put one black dagger with golden hexagonal surface pattern on your belt and grab a long red veined spear. It takes some willpower to keep holding it.

So the city is starting to look like this and there's magma monsters shambling around.
5 DICE FOR ANYONE WHO FIXES THIS!

Tomasque:
  Roll queue: 3 3 4 4 3 2 6 2
    Regeneration

inaluct:
  Roll queue: 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 2 2 2
  Free picks: 4/5
    Bowler
    Field surgeon

Whisperling:
  Roll queue: 4 3 4 1 4 2 4 5
  Free picks: 2/5
    Sprained ankle
    Red spear
    Black dagger

Dustan Hache:
  Roll queue: 6 5 5 5 5 6 1
  Free picks: 3/5
    Truck
    The Game

Salsacookies
  Roll queue: 3 2 2 4 4 3 4 3
  Free picks: 2/5
    Catastrophe
    Broken leg
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2016, 03:10:21 pm »

PTW this craziness.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2016, 03:31:25 pm »

Grab the five, go to the address the policeman reffered me to, and mobilize whatever organization I find to start saving people and generally cleaning up the mini-apocolypse. Good publicity (and, you know, dice) are important for any aspiring rebels.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »

Grab a four. Go to the hospital to fix my leg.
Yep, the sig is here
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:36 pm »

Sit there and marvel at just how badly I f***'d up at math. Eat popcorn.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 07:34:05 pm »

Be amazed at the amount of insanity that is going on. Realize I'm not in the game. Yell "Fuck" as loud as I can.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 07:35:12 pm »

Be amazed at the amount of insanity that is going on. Realize I'm not in the game. Yell "Fuck" as loud as I can.
+1 to all but the choice of expletives...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2016, 07:35:29 pm »

Grab a 6. Dump my queue.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33