Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 71658 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2016, 10:53:02 pm »

I heft my unconscious and maimed patient into a fireman's carry, grab a 16 pound bowling ball with my free hand, and stride determinedly out from the jumbled ruins of the bowling alley.

When I get outside or reach a high point among the rubble, I stop and pose heroically, looking off steely-eyed into the lightning streaked horizon.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2016, 12:01:48 am »

PTW. Also, the whole "combining dice causes supernatural effects" thing gives me ideas for more serious games, as a sort of Mana system per se.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2016, 02:03:59 am »

Let's say that sacrificing two dice causes permanent supernatural or impossible effect, related to your will and the number of used dice. Sacrificing one dice causes temporary supernatural effect or briefly surpassing what's possible, likewise related to number of used die and your will.

Grab the five, go to the address the policeman reffered me to, and mobilize whatever organization I find to start saving people and generally cleaning up the mini-apocolypse. Good publicity (and, you know, dice) are important for any aspiring rebels.
5. You hobble towards the place and successfully avoid all those nasty monsters drooling lava everywhere. The building you were referred to, a few decades old apartment building, is actually still intact, though upper floor is on fire. There's a bunch of elderly and young people wondering what to do about this. Clearly it is end of the days, Jesus Christ's second coming, Armageddon, Ragnarok and so on.
After questioning about the possible organization you find out that there's none. Or at least nobody admits of being in one. Perhaps the policemen were just about starting something?

Grab a four. Go to the hospital to fix my leg.
4. You loot a crutch from somebody who clearly doesn't need it anymore and start working your way to east, towards the hospital, while doing your best to ignore the pain. The first problem you come across is a collapsed bridge. The bridge would normally take you over the highway to otherside, but since it is collapsed you have to find a way around.
3. After looking around you find stairs down. Oh lord, going down stairs while dragging a broken leg behind... You already feel like you should faint.

Sit there and marvel at just how badly I f***'d up at math. Eat popcorn.
6. Math is your bitch. You f**k it however you want to. Now all left to do is to enjoy the show.

Grab a 6. Dump my queue.
This is effectively a suicide by terms of the game.
6. You vomit all your dice out. Eight blue dice fall out to accompany the one dropped by Dustan Hache. What's happening? Why sky is on fire? Why's monsters walking about? AAAGH! HELP! You run around in circles like headless chicken until a magma monster gives you a hot, very long bear hug. It burns you and you regenerate. Repeatedly. Forever! This is literal hell for you. As such, you are effectively dead.
Let's see, who's next in line? TheBiggerFish I think.

I heft my unconscious and maimed patient into a fireman's carry, grab a 16 pound bowling ball with my free hand, and stride determinedly out from the jumbled ruins of the bowling alley.

When I get outside or reach a high point among the rubble, I stop and pose heroically, looking off steely-eyed into the lightning streaked horizon.
2. Even though you get her up on your shoulders, you find yourself pretty much trapped. The rubble has formed nice small safe area around you, though now smoke and wailing of other people break through your focus.

inaluct:
  Roll queue: 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 2 2 2
  Free picks: 4/5
    Bowler
    Field surgeon

Whisperling:
  Roll queue: 4 3 4 1 4 2 4 2
  Free picks: 1/5
    Sprained ankle
    Red spear
    Black dagger

Dustan Hache:
  Roll queue: 5 5 5 5 6 1 6
  Free picks: 3/5
    Truck
    The Game

Salsacookies
  Roll queue: 2 2 4 3 4 3 4 6
  Free picks: 1/5
    Father of Catastrophe
    Broken leg

TheBiggerFish
  Roll queue: 6 1 1 6 2 6 4 5 6 2
  Free picks: 3/5
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2016, 06:50:11 am »

Go down the stairs.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2016, 06:57:59 am »

Spawn in where Tomasque's dice are.  Get dice.  Use my 5 to do so.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2016, 09:35:41 am »

Throw my 1 at Biggerfish in a attempt to sabotage his roll. Steal some of his dice AND tomaque's dice afterward.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2016, 09:59:47 am »

If you need Ideas for weapons I made a whole fantasy weapon generator which you can see here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2016, 10:08:44 am »

If you need Ideas for weapons I made a whole fantasy weapon generator which you can see here.
(A shotgun that hates bankers! I LOVE IT!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2016, 10:14:14 am »

Ah, the old west gun generator; that one has a bug or two.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2016, 11:07:07 am »

Walk around looking for a way to stop the catastrophe.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 01:27:30 pm »

Go down the stairs.
2. The throbbing pain in your leg is a big hint about how much more going down can hurt. A lot, it says. It's gonna hurt a lot. You chicken out this time.
2. One magma man has found its way to you. It seems very insistently offering fiery hugs.

Spawn in where Tomasque's dice are.  Get dice.  Use my 5 to do so.
5. Seeing the man suffering from burning bear hug won't probably need his magic dice you sprint in and collect all nine. Looking around, you spot two more on the side walk. Nice!
6. Lightning strikes near you, collapsing one aproaching magma man.

Throw my 1 at Biggerfish in a attempt to sabotage his roll. Steal some of his dice AND tomaque's dice afterward.
You are about 600 meters away from him, behind a turn and many layers of smoke. No way you gonna see that happening.
5. Monsters are vacating the area near you. Probably because they already killed everyone else.

Walk around looking for a way to stop the catastrophe.
4. The folks clearly don't have way to stop it, so you can only walk around looking for it. Who knows, maybe the solution will walk straight to you... However all you find is monsters, fire, dead and dying people. So you start thinking. The major problem here is the unnatural weather and apparently unlimited supply of monsters made out of magma climbing up from cracks in earth. Very unnatural. Supernatural even. The logical conlusion is that if supernatural caused this catastrophe, then supernatural can also fix it, but you are not entirely sure if logic can be applied on this problem. Certainly worth of trying, you already caused rain of weapons once.
3. You spot few magma monsters murdering civilians ahead. They have not noticed you yet.

inaluct:
  Roll queue: 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 2 2 2
    Bowler
    Field surgeon

Whisperling:
  Roll queue: 4 1 4 2 4 2 5 5
  Free picks: 2/5
    Sprained ankle
    Red spear
    Black dagger

Dustan Hache:
  Roll queue: 5 5 5 6 1 6 4
    Truck
    The Game

Salsacookies
  Roll queue: 4 3 4 3 4 6 3 3
    Father of Catastrophe
    Broken leg

TheBiggerFish
  Roll queue: 1 1 6 2 6 4 6 2 2 6 5 5 4 1 2 1 3 5 4
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2016, 04:03:26 pm »

use combine the power of three 5s and a six to make a d21, Roll it to make a time machine out of my truck.
5 5 5 6 1 6 4
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:09:24 pm by Dustan Hache »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »

I'll take the 4. I go down the stairs quickly
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2016, 04:08:52 pm »

Average out three sixes and a (2+3+4 split in thirds evenly)  to make six fives through RTD logic, then fix the problems.
As many problems as I can fix.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:36:11 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2016, 04:16:47 pm »

Combine fives, find free dice.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:22:33 pm by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33