Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 70642 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2016, 04:34:57 pm »

use combine the power of three 5s and a six to make a d21, Roll it to make a time machine out of my truck.
5 5 5 6 1 6 4
I can say right away that I won't touch time traveling in any game even if you pay me. That is so messy and potentially horribly convulted.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2016, 05:32:51 pm »

Okay... Then do magic, and cast dispel apocalypse, clearing the storm, crumbling the lava creatures, and sealing the lava back up within the city limits. Hopefully that will help things a bit.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2016, 07:42:21 pm »

I combine 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 2 2 2 and dig myself out of the rubble.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2016, 02:57:52 am »

I'll take the 4. I go down the stairs quickly
((Four was already next in the queue so I'll save you that one free pick.))
4. Comparing the temporary pain your leg might cause while going down the stairs to the aspects of getting hugged by those magma men tips scales heavily in favour if the stairs. So down you go! You navigate past the stopped cars to other side and up the stairs there. Ah, you can already see the hill where the hospital is built on. Only half kilometers to go!
3. The remaining obstacles between you and the hospital, as far as you can see (which is not that far), are bunch of burning cars adding their poisonous smoke to the volcanic ash in the air.

Average out three sixes and a (2+3+4 split in thirds evenly)  to make six fives through RTD logic, then fix the problems.
As many problems as I can fix.

You have only two free picks, meaning you can combine only two dice.
1. Earth shakes and cracks, more magma monsters climb up and surround you.

Combine fives, find free dice.
One blue dice materializes in front of you, and you pick it right away and shove it to the weird dice space that somehow exists within your body. Then your cellphone rings. You got a message: "Destroy five monsters, gain three dice."

Okay... Then do magic, and cast dispel apocalypse, clearing the storm, crumbling the lava creatures, and sealing the lava back up within the city limits. Hopefully that will help things a bit.
5. Magic does not exist. You know that. Magic is supernatural. You know that too. Dice exists. Dice is clearly supernatural. Is dice magic? You know it influences your success rates simply by existing, and you know using dice can make things happen. So. It is time to spend dice to make magic happening!
Free picks used on 5 and 5 to combine them. Mysterious power gathers and swirls in your hands, though you think it might be just an illusion. The power keeps condensing, lightning strikes start hitting closer and closer, eventually being absorbed by the maelstorm of power in your hands. Clouds themselves are being sucked in, all the smoke, hardening pieces of molten stone and the very concept of apocalypse. The sensation of chaotic power swirling and raging between your hands keeps growing ever stronger until it... puffs out of existance.

The skies are clear. Sun shines gently as if nothing happened at all. Except the damage already done remains. Collapsed buildings, dead people, burned cars... they remain.
*Ding* Quest complete! Five dice gained!

I combine 2 3 3 2 2 4 1 2 2 2 and dig myself out of the rubble.
Just as one fixes it, another breaks it. You feel suddenly heavy. The girl on your shoulders feel very heavy. Rubble shifts and collapses on you.
3. Under increased weight the rubble falls on you heavily breaking your femurs, some ribs and arm. You can consider yourself lucky as the girl's head gets crushed flat by a particularly heavy piece of concrete.

Whisperling: 4. The suddenly gone apocalypse suprised you, but not that much that equally suddenly increased gravity would throw you off balance.
Dustan Hache: 6. Fearing your truck might collapse under increased gravity you jump out of it and land on a spot where a street light collapses a moment later. 1. It knocks you out. Probably concussion and stuff.
Salsacookies: 4. Your broken leg tugging downwards even greater force makes everything more unpleasant by one order of magnitude.
TheBiggerFish: 1. You bend backwards and hit back of your head on hard surface. You see nothing but pain.

LOCAL APOCALYPSE CLEARED. LOCAL CITY WIDE GRAVITY BOOST CREATED.
NEW QUEST: KILL INALUCT BEFORE HE DIES BY HIMSELF. REWARD: 3 DICE.

inaluct:
  Roll queue: 3 2 4 1 2 2 2 4
  Free picks: 2/5
    Bowler
    Field surgeon
    Lots broken bones
    Herald of Hardships.

Whisperling:
  Roll queue: 1 4 2 4 2 2 5
  Free picks: 0/5
    Sprained ankle
    Red spear
    Black dagger
    The Quest: Monsters killed 0/5. Reward: 3

Dustan Hache:
  Roll queue: 6 4 5 2 2 3 6 5 5 4
  Free picks: 2/5
    Truck
    The Game

Salsacookies
  Roll queue: 3 4 6 3 3 5 6 6
  Free picks: 3/5
    Broken leg

TheBiggerFish
  Roll queue: 6 2 6 4 6 2 2 6 5 5 4 1 2 1 3 5 4 5 3
  Free picks: 3/5
    Pain vision
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2016, 05:40:52 am »

AAAAAAAAAARGH
5 and 5
FIX GRAVITY WITH MAGIC.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 06:14:16 am »

3 4 6 3 3 5 6 6

Kill inaluct gloriously.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:54:42 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2016, 07:21:05 am »

Do a few push-ups.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2016, 09:04:44 am »

Re spawn next to inaluct. Grab my highest number. Curb stomp him.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2016, 09:09:15 am »

As soon as I am conscious again, find a nice bathrobe and dye it yellow. Declare myself a wizard.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:55:41 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2016, 03:49:32 pm »

AAAAAAAAAARGH
5 and 5
FIX GRAVITY WITH MAGIC.

Gravity fixed. It's amazing what few well placed dice can do.

3 4 6 3 3 5 6 6

Kill inaluct gloriously.
Oh goodness, don't do that. Oh well, you did it. You crazy bastard. inaluct is certainly dead. As is approximately everything within 50 km radius. Well done. Really. Everything is gone in blazing glory of nuclear fire.

Do a few push-ups.
You can't quite pull yourself together to do that.

Re spawn next to inaluct. Grab my highest number. Curb stomp him.
You are in the very end of the murderline. Besides he's very dead already.

As soon as I am conscious again, find a nice bathrobe and dye it yellow. Declare myself a wizard.

Sorry. You will never gain your conscious again. Perhaps it is better this way.

I think I probably need to scale down what dice sacrifice can do. Let's start over with this change:
  • I feel like free picks doesn't work best like it was used. Therefore on this round you can pick any dice at anytime, but will lose the dice permanently from your queue. So every free pick is one die less in your queue. Be carefull when and how to spend them.
  • Supernatural and impossible feats can be performed only by picking die with 5. Next roll determines its quality.
  • No dice combining.
  • Any ideas for gaining more dice other than beating others? I can't think any at the moment.
Your master desires the world! Gift it to him nicely wrapped! But you are a mere human. It won't be easy task.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2016, 04:11:14 pm »

Bah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2016, 04:12:18 pm »

This'll be anti-easy
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2016, 05:03:47 pm »

Am I in this round?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile