Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 50100 times)

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 3, Alien overlords
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2016, 02:46:39 pm »

>look for the "On swich"
2. Can't seem to find one. Wonder if these even have one.

Call the phone number I've got, then make it sound like there's a big ruckus on my end. Shouting, stomping, all that jazz.
5. You make the call. Voice with heavy russian accent responds immediately. "Are you okay, comrade?" You don't even let him to finish his question before opening your motor mouth. It is rather impressive how you manage to do that without getting any attention from police. Five seconds in and the guy is urgently asking "Where are you, comrade? Say a word and we come right to you!"

Wait for the incoming vehicle, standing cleanly on the side of the road. Wave at it if it comes in to sight
2. You stand by the side of the road and wave wildly, but they completely ignore you and drive straight past and over the bridge to south. Maybe it is because your stealth suit is active?




Hrm, this version for free picks was good in theory, but in practice it brings a level of randomness I don't exactly like for this type of mechanics. Let's try Dustan's idea next; free picks get you exactly what you expect, but the picked roll is rerolled as 1d(pick-1). If you pick 1, then highest neighbouring roll will take damage instead and the picked roll is set to 1.

Setting for this test goes like this: You are magician. Specialized on wild magic. In your posession is set of legendary Dice of Order. Legends tell that Order and Chaos were in war long time ago and Chaos was winning due being unpredictable. Order made the Dice to predict Chaos and won the war. In your hands the Dice predicts how wild magic reacts to your requests. And since magic is meta as hell, it certainly ensures that 1 is catastrophic failure. If your next roll is 1 and you try to walk around it by healing your enemies, well... it certainly will heal them. Buffs and blessings.
And your current situation? Entire town is up for witch hunt, with you being the witch. They believe recent problems are caused by you and the four other wild mages living in the town. Torches, pitchforks, scythes, woodcutter's axes... they got entire weaponizable arsenal of agricultural tools with them. Town guards are trailing far behind "keeping peace".
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

  • Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2016, 02:51:09 pm »

((I'm in.))
Logged

Dustan Hache

  • Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2016, 03:03:51 pm »

(IN!)
As the Peasants approach, disguise myself as one of them and attempt to protect the Peasants.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:56:16 pm by Dustan Hache »
Logged
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2016, 03:32:45 pm »

(In too !)
Explain the theory of magic to the peasants, and debate on the worthlessness of superstition and the value of knowledge.
Logged

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • Riddles within riddles.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2016, 04:52:58 pm »

In!
Logged

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2016, 05:15:57 pm »

In.
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2016, 12:01:19 am »

Only magic uses the queue. All other actions are subject to normal RTD rolls.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2016, 01:52:21 am »

((Hot dam ! Five 5s in a row ??? This is a crazy fate.))
Logged

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2016, 05:35:04 am »

Barricade the doors of my house, flee out the back.
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

  • Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2016, 01:18:16 pm »

I try to Cast "Hide from Fools" On myself.
Logged

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • Riddles within riddles.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2016, 02:06:47 pm »

Start running for my life. Teleport occasionally to go faster.
Logged

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2016, 03:19:36 am »

(IN!)
As the Peasants approach, disguise myself as one of them and attempt to protect the Peasants.


[3] Disguising yourself as one of smelly peasants should be easy enough. Just throw your nice sturdy clothes away and dress up in your old rags. All you now need is some filth to roll in and you would blend in perfectly. Peasants are now knocking your front door violently. They want it.
And from what you would protect them?

(In too !)
Explain the theory of magic to the peasants, and debate on the worthlessness of superstition and the value of knowledge.

[3] You step proudly outside and dispense some education without fear. "You see, magic is a living thing. It does what it wants. Like a kid. Sometimes it obeys, sometime it does. So you see it's not my fault that half of crops rotted and cows died!"
Old toothless man holding a scythe shouts back to you: "All more reason to not fuck with it!"
The mob is still wanting your head on a stake, but the process is temporarily halted by your forthcoming, but the break won't last long.

Barricade the doors of my house, flee out the back.
[4] A magician who's not prepared for a lync mob is a foolish magician. You are not a foolish one, you have some preparations made for this exact situation. Conveniently placed bookshelf falls easily in front of the door in practiced ease. Window on backside of the house is big enough for adult man jump through. The only problem is that you didn't have time to set up any traveling equipment, such as waterskin, knife, flint and steel, food... Not that you exactly need any of those, magic provides everything if it is on right mood.

I try to Cast "Hide from Fools" On myself.
2. Magic laughs at your request and instead turns your hair blue. First axe meets your front door, carefully exploring its limits.

Start running for my life. Teleport occasionally to go faster.
[2] Crowd surrounds your house already. There's no way out.
3. At least magic is feeling somewhat benevolent, though not completely helpfull. The spell whisks you onto rooftop, the only place where bloodthirsty peasants aren't looking at the moment. You have good view from here. Torches surround your house like a lake of light, and you see few others such lakes of light around the town. No doubt around houses of other mages.


Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2016, 03:37:53 am »

"Ah no my fellows ! You don't seem to understand the depth of my words. I will let magic explains it better to you."
Commune with magic and create a 3D image of a sexy maid with a sweet voice who will explain the awesomeness and usefulness of magic to them, so that they understand why lynching me is bad and why magic is actually super dope.

Oh, and call her Maria.
Logged

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • Riddles within riddles.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2016, 06:42:38 am »

Get magic to make some sort of distraction, and try to sneak out.
Logged

TheBiggerFish

  • Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 4, Wild Magic
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2016, 06:47:31 am »

Get out of town, heading away from the noises of riot and/or speech.

Try to recall the location of my emergency cache of supplies.
Logged
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33