Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 71614 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2016, 05:21:00 pm »

Weaken it further with a spell and keep trying to smother it.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2016, 06:45:01 pm »

-intelligible mess vaguely meaning "Wow. Best meal I ever had"-

Ogawmod ! This is an Alpican Rainbowlurdge ! I never realized before that crazyabe lived in a kaleidoscopic constantly shifting plane of bleen and gred, with a tint of whellock.

Oh, Anna is dancing with the Rainbowlurdge and a group of Whiplicot. Funny, I'm hearing a crazy music too.

Heh, that's not important. As I split myself in two and do a backflip in myself, I speak to my body double, who for some reason has a badass voice.

"Heyyah my subconscious self ! Long time no see !"

Make a magical journey to the center of the mind and beyond.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2016, 07:28:27 pm »

Enjoy this awsome trip!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 19, 2016, 04:23:42 am »

Cast, uh, Giant Fireball of Doom.
Nice part about this queue system is that I can instantly start thinking how things will go down as soon as I see the action, without having to start working with the turn. This I came up with nine hours ago:
6. You clap your hands together in wide angle startling the guard before he can punch you. Then you pull your hands apart with a fireball of doom growing size between your hands as fast as you pull them apart.

1 meter.
Guard jumps backwards to avoid being burned. Heat is quite intense.

2 meters.
You start aiming upwards a bit so it won't burn floor.

4 meters.
Ceiling of the building burns into ashes instantly as it touches the fireball. The fireball is all white, orange, yellow and red, and streams of burning gas arcs out setting things on fire. It's rather bright at this point too.

8 meters.
It dawns to you that this is growing faster than it is supposed to. It has already passed standard size of Giant Fireball of Doom. Your clothes are catching fire. For people outside it looks much like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

16 meters.
Holy shit. You are no longer standing in a building, but in raging inferno. Everything that can burn is already burning. Everyone is running away. It is already bright as a sun, pure white clouds above reflecting its light. Not that you can see those clouds. Having miniature sun between you and them has rather blinding effect.

32 meters.
When does this stop? The whole town (or at least the part you can see) is already in flames. Only reason you and other people haven't burned into ashes is because of the steel skin, but it is starting to get really uncomfortable here.

"I don't particularly want to tick off a kingdom...Seems a bit too dramatic.  Let's try again."

...Hmm.

Pick a 5 and teleport again.  Add 'not occupied or owned' to the parameters.  Do not forget Laudata.

Finally. 1d(5-1) = 4. Lucky you
5. With great familiarity you cast the spell with a flick of finger. This time you wind up in rather dark stone floor. Light of stars alone isn't enough to inform you of details of your new location, but here's what you can tell: It has stone flooring. It has walls, possibly intact. There's no one around besides you and Laudata.

Weaken it further with a spell and keep trying to smother it.
3. Another spell of deep violating or perhaps deep tickling.
[4+2] Having enough of this you conjure another equally titanic stone arm and have them clap together like a human slapping annoying mosquito out of air. This most certainly works, but it also sends barrage of boulders in every direction as the arms explode by force of the clap. Every direction includes your direction, and those boulders aren't exactly small.

And sun is rising in direction of the town. Weird. And all wrong colors for sunrise.

-intelligible mess vaguely meaning "Wow. Best meal I ever had"-

Ogawmod ! This is an Alpican Rainbowlurdge ! I never realized before that crazyabe lived in a kaleidoscopic constantly shifting plane of bleen and gred, with a tint of whellock.

Oh, Anna is dancing with the Rainbowlurdge and a group of Whiplicot. Funny, I'm hearing a crazy music too.

Heh, that's not important. As I split myself in two and do a backflip in myself, I speak to my body double, who for some reason has a badass voice.

"Heyyah my subconscious self ! Long time no see !"

Make a magical journey to the center of the mind and beyond.

[4] "Long time no see buddy! You ate some weird shit, didn't ya? Ya should've left right. Ya dig? Like crazy dog."

Enjoy this awsome trip!
[3+1] This trip takes you to a grassland where large steel pillars stand solemly and whisper deep philosophical secrets while waving their three tentacle arms. On the sky above clouds is a massive massive spanning city. On your left is a familiar looking closed door. Kinda like your kitchen door. On your right is squeaky ladders leading high up to the clouds and to the city beyond.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 19, 2016, 10:09:58 am »

Summon a light.

"It's dark in here..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 19, 2016, 12:20:57 pm »

Launch the fireball into the sky.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 19, 2016, 01:42:04 pm »

I Go towards the City.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 19, 2016, 02:30:49 pm »

Deflect the boulders with an earth- shaped shield, or, failing that, with magic. Then smother any fiery balls of doom which might come my way with magic or earth as appropriate.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 19, 2016, 04:04:54 pm »

"Aaay, you are so perceptive as always. But I want to enjoy myself a little more, I don't see my subconscious self everyday !"

Play a game of chess with my body double, while reminiscing our past.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 20, 2016, 04:25:41 am »

Summon a light.

"It's dark in here..."
"Very." Laudata whispers quietly, as if afraid to invoke unseen monsters sleeping in darkness.

2. No light for you. Instead something falls onto ground in front of you. Something wooden.

Launch the fireball into the sky.
I hear nukes exploding on ground level do less damage than if it detonates higher in air. I'm not certain about this, and since this is world of magic I don't have to care about hard science, but I like the idea. Therefore:

3. You launch the miniature sun up. It wobbles up slowly, much slower than you would like, all while black cracks spread on its blinding surface and super hot plasma arcs out expotentially increasing rate scorching everything they touch. Knowing how dangerous Giant Fireball of Doom is under optimal conditions (and this is dangerously overcharged one), you decide it is time to find shelter. The town is mostly on fire but perhaps there's cellar somewhere.
[4] Ah, you spot one nearby. Its hatch is on fire, but that doesn't matter. You sprint to it, open it and dive inside. It's pleasanly cool here and a pile of potato sacks provide additional shielding. You are in progress of wriggling your way under them when the fireball decides to detonate. Now, you have no idea what happens outside exactly, but you can clearly see the light even underground through layer of potato sacks. Blastwave works its way inside and throws lighter stuff around. Heat wave that follows scorches sacks and what remains of your shoes.
Your steel skin has taken a lot of beating from sources it wasn't suppsed to protect you from, so it finally cracks and falls off. You can only assume same is true for other peasants and their situation is a bit worse than yours.

Additionally we have Nakéen's house flying above the town, which also houses active Advanced Antimagic Warfare Sentinel. It should probably notice this obviously magical activity which also happens to be highly destructive.
[2] Yeah, it does. Expect something fun coming down soonish.

I Go towards the City.
[5±0] You climb up the ladders, past cloud layer where Nakéen is playing three dimensional chess with his copy, and finally descend the stairs into the city. It's eeriely quiet here, in a marketplace empty of merchants and their stalls. The market place is surrounded by large decorated buildings. Going from north and clockwise: Library, weapon smith's store, guard House, town hall, alchemist's store and a rather shady store. On front of each door floats royally red robe.

Map:

6   2
_ @ _
5   3

1: Library
2: Weapon smith's store
3: Guard station
4: Town hall
5: Alchemist's store
6: Rather shady store
_: Road
@: You

Deflect the boulders with an earth- shaped shield, or, failing that, with magic. Then smother any fiery balls of doom which might come my way with magic or earth as appropriate.
[4+2] The walls burst up and outwards, completely covering your domain within stone dome. The dome shakes and booms as boulders crash against it, but it withstands the barrage. With that you are left in complete darkness. Fire is probably continuing on outside, but that's not your problem anymore. It won't hurt you, as proven by another shock gently shaking the entire structure.

You and your tower are safe. Now that external problems are death with you can focus on making your place more livable.

"Aaay, you are so perceptive as always. But I want to enjoy myself a little more, I don't see my subconscious self everyday !"

Play a game of chess with my body double, while reminiscing our past.
[5] The game goes nicely, you beating him every time. To increase challenge you add additional dimension and pieces to the chess board and still keep winning. Eventually your double flips the table.
"Lemme win at least once! If you let me do that, I'll give you one of these." He presents three boxes. One is fist sized and wrapped in white paper scribbled all over with very small script, too small to read.
Second box, about 30 cm wide, has white flowers growing on every surface. It smells slightly like beer.
Last box is very large, size of horse carriage, and is wrapped with white and orangeish red wool. Number of small lights glow underneath, reflecting complex moving shadows onto the city above.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:30:28 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 20, 2016, 07:23:03 am »

Try the light again, pick up the wooden thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 20, 2016, 07:17:21 pm »

>Enter the Library.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 20, 2016, 09:44:56 pm »

"You know I can't willingly let you win ! I know, next game I will play blind okay ? I have faith in you, you can win if you want !"

Play blind-chess for the next game, it should be a suitable handicap. If I notice I am going to win, purposely lose.
Than choose the small box.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 20, 2016, 10:29:37 pm »

Reinforce the dome, and make sure I can get out if I need to. Then summon a map of the world.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 20, 2016, 10:35:32 pm »

Cast evil clone on the fireball; they should be too busy duelling to destroy the village.

Quote from: queue
this could not possibly go wrong
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33