Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 70621 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #450 on: March 22, 2016, 03:36:08 am »

"What do you think...?"

Inspect the devices as best as I am able from my current position.
[3] Your current position isn't the best one for studying those things. Moving the light you can determine that each has vertical metal surface aligned with the tunnel.

"I'm embarrassed to say, but I have no idea. Oven, perhaps?"

Try to wake myself up.
[1] Crows caw, shaking worms off their wings. It's afraid. It wants to leave. It can't. Not yet. Your new red skin anchors you tightly on the pier. The pond starts boiling and thick fog grows to cover everything in foul smell. Weird shadows dance in the fog, starting small and growing larger. Creeping closer when you look away. You don't dare to look behind.

Series of shockwaves ripples through the fog making it and crows laugh. The red stuff holds onto you harder, flowing into your orifices. Ask!, they all demand.

Attempt to dig out.
[1] Attempt is as far as you get. Dirt shifts and flows into your precious little breathing hole, filling it and your mouth with cold and wet soil. Panic? No no no! You are a mighty wizard! You can easily magic your way out here, you reassure yourself. But you can't help yourself, panic is steadily growing in back of your mind and the very imminent prospect of being buried alive is not helping.

Use magic to get myself healed and off the spikes. Note that I actually meant to use earth shaping there.
When you have two distinct ways to do magic, it helps to specify which one you mean.

4. Stone to flesh! Stone to flesh! Magic obeys and the spikes turn into new muscles and skin. As soon as their hold on you is broken you start crawling backwards only to hit your head on another spike. Carefully standing up you start mapping your surroundings using only your staff and arm. You discover that there's awfully lot these spikes around, extending from ground towards the dome.

This situation needs some light.

"Thank you honey, but what about you, are you okay ? And do you know what happened and how did we end up here ?"

Then realize my bestest bestie crazyabe is visibly not in a confortable situation. Slap some consciousness into him.

"I fell victim to the food as you did, but I was first one to wake up." She says touching back of her head. You notice a stain of red in her hair which she's trying to hide. "I barely managed to resist its smell and dragged you both out of the kitchen. Kitchen door led me straight here, wherever this is."

[6] She clearly doesn't want you to worry about her health. You suppose you can humor her that much and turn towards your friend. You straighten his head, wind your arm behind and give him resounding slap that would loosen teeth of lesser men. Another slap on his opposite cheek. Then to first one. Then to another. And again. He's your friend, he understands extreme measures. You wouldn't expect anything less from him if your situation was reversed.

You only stop when something red starts pouring out of his ears, nosetrills, eyes and mouth. It's not blood.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2016, 04:31:11 am »

"An... Oven?  ....I don't know, that's kind of a non sequitur...."

Check that out, then...?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 22, 2016, 10:29:36 pm »

"I don't know if you can hear me crazyabe, but if you survive whatever is happening to you, never cook again."

Place crazyabe in recovery position, then tip my index in the red substance and taste it.
Cast a spell of medical intervention : extract the strange substance and every toxins out of crazyabe's body, and stabilize his life state.

"I will take care of you after his life is out of danger Anna."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 22, 2016, 10:38:06 pm »

Transform the big nasty spikes into a miniature sun for my house. Preferably one that can be used to fry people I don't like.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 22, 2016, 11:29:29 pm »

Continue to attempt to dig out, and also conjure a light.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 23, 2016, 12:00:08 am »

Keep trying to wake UP!
((Shouldn't I have gotten a +1 to my attempt to wake up Earlyer?))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 23, 2016, 03:57:08 am »

"An... Oven?  ....I don't know, that's kind of a non sequitur...."

Check that out, then...?
You crawl closer, carefully observing your surroundings to ensure you don't trigger anything, and check it out. It turns out that there's an arrowhead in the embrasures. About size of your two fists pressed together. Behind it you can see a metal shaft about two meters long and badly rusted mechanism. Considering the tunnel to outside is straight and long with no hiding spots, these arrows (or spears) would cause a lot of damage to invading forces. Depending of the fire rate and suicidal tendecies of invaders you presume it could block the entrance with skewered corpses real fast. It also would be safe to assume that original builders had designed way to clear the tunnel so they wouldn't be chocking in rotting corpses.
  One mystery solved, and unknown number left. The tunnel here splits to left and right. Both paths are identical as far as you can tell, but left is blocked with a huge stone slab ten meters away where as right tunnel ends in open doorframe.

"I don't know if you can hear me crazyabe, but if you survive whatever is happening to you, never cook again."

Place crazyabe in recovery position, then tip my index in the red substance and taste it.
Cast a spell of medical intervention : extract the strange substance and every toxins out of crazyabe's body, and stabilize his life state.

"I will take care of you after his life is out of danger Anna."

The red substance is quite funny in how it ignores gravity and instead pools into a bubbles around edges. It tastes like path and guide and restraint and you spit it out instantly remembering what happened last time you were tasting concepts. Let magic handle magic.

4. The spell pulls the red stuff out of crazyabe's eyes, nosetrills, ears and mouth. It just keeps coming and coming until you have a big ball of conceptual red stuff floating in midair. As soon as the spell ends it unfurls into a red robe.

Transform the big nasty spikes into a miniature sun for my house. Preferably one that can be used to fry people I don't like.
5. Spikes begin glow with soft white light instantly revealing state of affairs within your dome. These spikes are everywhere extending from the stone dome. Most are angled towards the tower which seems have experienced minor transformation as well, and rest are connecting ground in low angle. The tower was banded and reinforced with iron to provide support for the dome, though amount of support it provides is rather minimal. Now large majority of spikes are turning into light and retracting back up to the dome forming a grid of bright small suns, expelling all shadows. One "primary" sun forms above your tower. All this light is warming air inside rapidly to pleasant temperature, making your wet clothes less a problem.

Most of your siege engines were damaged by spikes as well as some of the stupid golems. They stupidly didn't dodge the spikes nor they did get up after spikes retrated. They are really stupid.

Continue to attempt to dig out, and also conjure a light.
While having soil in your mouth and nose preventing you from breathing? When all minimal open space you had was filled with collapsing dirt? I suppose that counts as panicky behaviour.

[1] ... For all your effort you get only more muddy soil to your face, water seeping into your mouth and lungs as you try to scream, but only get more mud into your lungs when you have to breathe in to continue screaming. From purely academic viewpoint it's interesting how one can drown while buried alive, but from practical viewpoint you couldn't care less about academics. Drowning in mud makes it really difficult to focus on casting life saving spells, so there you die, under five meters of soil and a new lake.

Hey Lermfish, I thought you wanted to play? Here's your spot.

Keep trying to wake UP!
((Shouldn't I have gotten a +1 to my attempt to wake up Earlyer?))
I did ponder about that a while, but ultimately decided against. I don't think this is a situation or action where luck applies.

[1+1 (that +1 comes from Nakéen's spell)] Your red skin flows faster into all holes in your head while simultaneously releasing contraints it placed on you. It takes two seconds to fully get inside you and as that happens, crows and monstrous shadows in the fog all scream NO. Everything grows larger except you, light goes out and thousand glowing eyes stare at you. Yep, we are stepping firmly on grounds of magically empowered nightmare. This is where bad stuff comes from, where horrible things creep out of shadows.

I realize that looks more like 1, but you are free of restraints and no one has done anything bad to you. Yet.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 23, 2016, 04:33:49 am »

"Ballistae or spear launchers.  Stat ducked around these till we find the controls, although they're pretty rusted.  I'm going to try and get us through that door."

Being careful to avoid the line of fire, open a portal through the door and at least five feet into the other side of the room.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 23, 2016, 06:22:20 am »

Summon a rock, then earth-shape my stuff back into working order.

Afterwards, summon a pen and some paper (in two spells).

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 23, 2016, 01:14:24 pm »

I try to Force this inner world to bend to my will and Form a Ringing Gnomish Telephonetic device That will be my Exit To the Waking World.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2016, 02:36:04 pm »

My update schedule for next week ranges from sporadic to non-existant. If I have time I'll try to write turn, but don't expect many or often.
Old sigs.
Games.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 23, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »

That's, what, three ones in a row? As in, a 1/216 chance? For real? Darn.

At least I destroyed the village with my horrifying queue!

Edit: Two ones, so 1/36. They were preceded by a 3 and 2, though.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 24, 2016, 04:39:20 am »

My update schedule for next week ranges from sporadic to non-existant. If I have time I'll try to write turn, but don't expect many or often.
Good luck with whatever is taking you time !

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 25, 2016, 02:45:51 am »

"Ballistae or spear launchers.  Stat ducked around these till we find the controls, although they're pretty rusted.  I'm going to try and get us through that door."

Being careful to avoid the line of fire, open a portal through the door and at least five feet into the other side of the room.
Laudata agrees with your assessment.

4. Portal creationg goes fine, but unfortunately it doesn't transfer light so you have to step through.

The room is very non-descript. About three meters tall, each side six to seven meters long. The very upper portion of the room is decorated with number of normal sized embrasures, more fitting for normal bows or crossbows. Two separate doors leading further into fortress, both open. [4] Most likely this room is designed to hold off invaders while having archers shoot them full of arrows and bolts from openings above.

Beyond that the room is completely empty. Layer of dust tells that no one has walked in these halls for long time. Some small piles of bird or bat shit are only signs of life. Of course this doesn't mean it is completely empty, but it is very promising at least.

Summon a rock, then earth-shape my stuff back into working order.

Afterwards, summon a pen and some paper (in two spells).

2. Magic is getting tired with all these rocks. Instead you get a rotten egg without shell. Not into your pants at least, so count your blessings.

[3+2] Your stuff is back in perfect shape. Well oiled even, ready to swing boulders of exploding crystal spheres at your enemies. As soon as you can get them outside of your safe stone dome.

6. A pen you say? Here it is: made out of snake skeleton. Flexible spinal column wraps around your arm, its ribs extending and digging into your flesh. Its skull rests between your fingers and pair of venom fangs extend out dribbling with blood. Your blood. You find out that pressure applied on the skull will move fangs wider apart letting you do some very cool calligraphy.

6. And paper you get. A lot of paper. You are standing in a waist high pile of paper. Some of them are already scribbled over with various symbols and alphabets.

I try to Force this inner world to bend to my will and Form a Ringing Gnomish Telephonetic device That will be my Exit To the Waking World.
[2] Gnomish? What's that? Nevermind, you here now and here you will stay. Open your mind to nightmares. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

[2] A tentacle lashes out from the darkness grabbing your legs and pulling you over. Centipedes, spiders, worms and scorpions with demonic face dig their way out of the tentacle and start crawling towards your face.

Good luck with whatever is taking you time !
A trip. Not the kind crazyabe is having right now, but more traditional one which involves sitting in car long periods of time.

Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2016, 03:06:55 am »

(And I forgot to post an action. Urgh, typical me. Wish you a nice trip then !)

"Crazyabe seems all the better now !"

Let crazyabe wake up by himself. Go check Anna's health state.

"Let me check your head, I won't stop worrying if I don't. Did you wound yourself somewhere ?"

Cast a spell to analyze the disk and the robe afterward.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33