Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 70694 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #465 on: March 25, 2016, 08:18:43 am »

"Looks safe..."

Explore cautiously?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 25, 2016, 01:09:24 pm »

Keep Trying to awaken!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 25, 2016, 03:30:33 pm »

Use magic to do cleanup. In other words, get the weird pen thing out of my arm, fill it with actual ink, and neatly organize and pile the papers.

Then, magically translate some papers with weirder markings on them. You never know, it might be something useful.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 27, 2016, 04:10:00 am »

I wonder if I should make actual game out of this... So far I like it.

(And I forgot to post an action. Urgh, typical me. Wish you a nice trip then !)

"Crazyabe seems all the better now !"

Let crazyabe wake up by himself. Go check Anna's health state.

"Let me check your head, I won't stop worrying if I don't. Did you wound yourself somewhere ?"

Cast a spell to analyze the disk and the robe afterward.

"I hit my head onto floor when waking up from it." She says while letting you examine her head reluctantly. [2] Her hair is too soft and smells too good. You can't focus on the wound at all, and instead you find yourself caressing her hair. Anna doesn't mind that at all.

4. The very moment you cast analysis spell on the glass disk its on side starts glowing intense blue light. The spell itself lets you know this: The disk makes magic visible. By looking through it you can see enchanted things and to some degree determine its strength and perhaps even nature in some cases.

4. The robe is interesting thing. It's not really here yet it is. It's imaginary, yet very real. Self-contradictory and harmonious. Wear it, and it shows you safe path to places you know. Wear it, and leads you to places you want to go. Wear it, and you will never take it off.

Crazyabe jumps up, eyes wide and breathing fast.

"Looks safe..."

Explore cautiously?
[5] Exploring cautiously. You two walk deeper into the fortress, exploring every single nook and cranny of it. You find traps and either navigate past them without triggering them or find that their mechanisms were eroded long time ago. Numerous empty rooms with rotten and rusted remains of furniture, with only those made of stone remaining.  Empty halls with stories of mighty kingdom engraved on walls, depicting trade and war against odd animalistic creatures and thin giants.
  Deep beneath you find a massive hall, decorated by multiple colums of impressive stone pillars. Large stone tables display very impressive craftmanship, each unique and inlaid with precious gems and gold. And the biggest mystery you have seen so far: very natural and weathered stone slope cutting the hall in half. It kind looks like a natural mountain side, but it clearly shouldn't be here. Studying it closely you find out that it is infact the very same stone that the hall is carved out of. You can even find some quarzt crystals at the edge that are smoothed flat on wall but appear naturally rough on the slope.
  Even more curious is what happened with tables at the boundary. One table in particular is helpful in that regard, having only one leg and a bit of corner outside of the stone slope. It looks loke it goes straight inside the slope, but when you pull it, it makes sound like a suction cup coming off. The edge that went into slope has surface pattern perfectly fitting with the slope. So perfect that you can put it back in and it stands firmly on place as ever. However, its golden inlaids do not have matching veins in the slope.
  All tunnels and pathways that go deeper into fortress are blocked with exactly same manner; natural looking stone slope. Its appearance is natural, but it's presence is not. In one of the more rough tunnels you find a skeletal arm sticking out of the stone slope. This leads you to believe it is the cause why the fortress is empty. Magical catastrophe. Perhaps inhabitants thought it was going to consume whole place and left in hurry without ever coming back. Perhaps they came back to loot what had remained behind and decided to not bother with reclaiming it.

Anyway, this place is large and it is empty. You are certain no one has visited here for last decade or so, possible never since it was abandonded. Perfectly suited for your purposes. All it needs is light and inhabitants. And perhaps some food. And water.

Keep Trying to awaken!
[4] Insects advance over your face covering your whole body. Spiders spin a cocoon over your body and you panic. With surge of paniced strength you tear the shell surrounding you open and climb up worm infested walls squishing them under your fingers.

You emerge out in a opulent stone room. Large soft rug covers the floor. Nakéen and his wife are sitting near you inspecting the very same red robe you saw in your dream a little while ago. Which also wore you.

Use magic to do cleanup. In other words, get the weird pen thing out of my arm, fill it with actual ink, and neatly organize and pile the papers.

Then, magically translate some papers with weirder markings on them. You never know, it might be something useful.

How many spells it that? 3? 4?  Let's go with 3.

4. Skeleton pen comes off, leaving trickle of blood from numerous small wounds it caused.

6. The pen is filled with ink so fast that your blood stored withing and a lot of ink is sprayed out of its needle like ribs coating you and many papers in llayer of blood infused ink. Nasty. Large number of the paper sheets are ruined, but what survived are organized in neat stacks.

4. The sheets scribbled with stuff rearrange themselves into readable text. Most of them are useless documents about trade and politics, but few are actually spells frozen in time, waiting to be released. They have some interesting effects. For example, one spells causes user to have 20 seconds of controlled levitation but is burdened with doubled weight after levitation is over. Another provides shield against projectiles but prevents user from moving for duration of spell. Effects are all small, but are bundled with equal detrimental effect.
((You can decide effects yourself, as long as they are minor and are balanced with opposite counter effect. These spells don't require rolls.))

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 27, 2016, 07:13:42 am »

"Hm.  Laudata, what do you think?"

Look for signs of magic.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:15:19 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 27, 2016, 04:10:27 pm »

"Oh crazyabe, you are finally awake. Slept well ? This robe is made out of some red substance that poured out of you, I believe you should have it."

Give the red robe to crazyabe, while explaining to him its effects.

"What a fascinating disk..."

Look at the house through the disk, to see if anything seems uncanny.
This being done, thanks crazyabe for the meal and resume packing for our journey. We lost more more time than expected with this strange meal.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 27, 2016, 05:12:02 pm »

YESSS.
Sigtext

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 27, 2016, 05:46:23 pm »

I cast: Summon Paper, Summon Overgrown Samon, and Summon Vodka; before equiping my new robe.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 27, 2016, 06:08:37 pm »

YESSS.

Sounds great!

EDIT: And, uh, action: Cast a spell to solve my personal hygiene problems. Sand in pants, ink splatters, all that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:10:18 pm by Whisperling »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 27, 2016, 07:32:17 pm »

YESSS.
Sounds great!
Supporting this if you're having fun as we are :)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 27, 2016, 07:39:37 pm »

“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 29, 2016, 09:51:25 am »

Back to the somewhat regularly scheduled updates.

YESSS.
Sounds great!
Supporting this if you're having fun as we are :)
+1

Guess that settles that. Which means I need to think up a plot for the game. Freeforming is nice, but actual goal to reach would probably be nice. And flesh out background more. Maybe start keeping notes. I probably should make new thread for this because I have other mechanics I want to test too.

"Hm.  Laudata, what do you think?"

Look for signs of magic.
"It's large, mostly empty, well fortified, but requires some work. Nobody wants it back, I think, which is plus. It's a good start."

[6] Besides the obvious one? Well, the tables in main hall are all unique yet they follow same design principle. And they are damn fine tables. You can't find single blemish in them. Very likely magic was involved in their construction. Also how entire fortress is carved out of single stone is suspicious. Nobody has complete design in mind when they start digging a fortress into big rocky hill and mistakes happens, but you did't see any traces of sealed off sections, corrections or other stonework. Very suspicious.
  You would even venture so far as to say wizards made this. And they were fighting against multiple monsters species in prehistoric times. But history books you have read do not mention such things. Sure, there have been mages who made magical constructs to serve them, but those are all well documented cases and you don't remember seeing anything about creatures such as described on these walls. Nor fortresses like this one.

Smells like a mystery.

"Oh crazyabe, you are finally awake. Slept well ? This robe is made out of some red substance that poured out of you, I believe you should have it."

Give the red robe to crazyabe, while explaining to him its effects.

"What a fascinating disk..."

Look at the house through the disk, to see if anything seems uncanny.
This being done, thanks crazyabe for the meal and resume packing for our journey. We lost more more time than expected with this strange meal.

Robe switches owners.

First thing you look at is the robe because it makes rather obvious test case. When looking it through the glass disk it appears very different, twisty mass of dark tendrils. Some look like an ant antennae feeling air, big portion of mass is large number of very thin tendrils touching ground and rest form a thick and strong looking open ribcage like structure, or perhaps a vertical maw waiting to snap shut.
  The second thing you notice is crazyabe, mostly because he's holding the robe. From his head erupts number of dark tendrils. Two appear to lead into your head, one thin like a wire waving pleasantly, another one size of your thumb. Two waving thin tendrils go off through walls somewhere far, and maybe twenty to opposite direction in a big lump. Then there's few loose tendils that snap out occasionally too fast to follow, changing something.
  Talking about your head, there's more those thumb thick dark things. Total three. The one which connects you to crazyabe, and two others going somewhere. Most likely your communication spell. One very thin tendril is feeling your hand, looking for a specific gesture. It comes from same direction as largest number of crazyabe's tendrils, but goes ever so slightly upwards. You follow it with your gaze and end up looking Anna. She's HOLY CRAP THE FUCK IS THAT!?
  She doesn't look like human at all. Rather she's loosely humanoid shaped mass of darkness, her head being like a black donut. The shape wavers and then snaps back in form reapetedly. You take a step back eyes wide and lower the glass. Oh, she's back to normal lovely Anna. Good. Then you rise the glass again to look at her and HOLY SHIT IT'S BACK!
  "What?" she asks worry in her voice. "Is there something on my face?"

Another thing you need to pay attention is this:

I cast: Summon Paper, Summon Overgrown Samon, and Summon Vodka; before equiping my new robe.
1. You summon hundred paper cuts on your arms. It hurts more than it should.

1. ((Assuming salmon here, not Samon because that would be akward.)) Room is filled with smell of deep ocean fish. Something is indeed summoned, something too big, but salmon it is not. It's not anything edible either judging by how its slime dissolves the rug under it. If anything, it considers you edible, but emotions are hard to read from its seven eyes. Very, very hard. It's actually hard to look away from its mouth which contains thousands painfully sharp teeths arranged in rings. Two of its... arms? Tentacles? Fins? Whatever. Two of them grab hold of ceiling and pulls the being higher up.

1. Yes, vodka is exactly what you need right now. Too bad wodka isn't what you get. Again. Instead you get a blob of something bright and hot. It sets rug on fire.

Right. At least the robe doesn't do anything weird. It behaves like a robe when you wear it and thankfully doesn't flow onto your skin like water.

Now then, how to solve this proverbial elephant in the room full of fragile mages?

Cast a spell to solve my personal hygiene problems. Sand in pants, ink splatters, all that.
I salute your bravery.

1. Your skin sprouts painful boils. They pop and bleed pus all over yourself. For once you are happy nobody sees you.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 29, 2016, 09:54:03 am »

"And mysterious.  Can't forget mysterious."

Well, I meant look for actual magic...
Sigtext

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:43 am »

That was all about actual magic you could find there. Or did you meant to look into the magic itself? Staring into abyss?
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 29, 2016, 11:00:30 am »

Er, pretty much?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33