Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any way to make everyone in a civ wear an item?  (Read 1439 times)

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any way to make everyone in a civ wear an item?
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:58:20 pm »

I want people in a civ I am modding to all have the mask helmet item, I tried setting it to forced but no luck, nobody seems to be wearing a mask.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to make everyone in a civ wear an item?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 02:12:36 am »

Remove all other helmet type items? Most people generated will try to have as many clothing categories filled as possible, so if they can't find any other hats they'll use masks.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 02:40:20 am »

Ah, caps conflict with masks?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 04:23:18 am »

Make it the only piece of clothing on its bodypart and layer (COVER, OVER, UNDER if I recall correctly), then reduce the layer size of the item until it does not conflict with other layers.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 11:28:21 am »

Ah, caps conflict with masks?
Yes. They both have [SHAPED]. [SHAPED] items are restricted to one per body part, which is why you can't equip multiple breastplates.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 05:37:25 pm »

So If I remove shaped from caps they could wear both? I dont see much harm coming from removing shaped from caps.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 07:38:41 pm »

So If I remove shaped from caps they could wear both? I dont see much harm coming from removing shaped from caps.
Well, then some people might just wear caps still. As I said, they try to get one item of clothing for every slot they can, and so there'll probably be a 50% chance of them just wearing a cap, and a 50% chance of a mask. There might be some occasional cap and mask combos, but I think most of the time it'll just be one or the other.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 12:38:22 pm »

The Shy Guys in Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom have to wear masks.  I think this was accomplished by giving their heads the [LOWERBODY] tag instead of the lower body, then made sure they had no access to non-mask headgear or pants.
Here, they'll very eagerly put on masks and will feel embarrassed if they aren't wearing one.
The downside is they if they get access to pants (an artifact, perhaps?), they will attempt to wear them on their head.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 01:21:44 pm »

That's just pants-on-head stupid ;)

Actually it's brilliant!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS