Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Herby's" REVENGE  (Read 1028 times)

White Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Herby's" REVENGE
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:10:00 pm »

“Herby” was tired of fighting. He was surrounded their was no chance for him to survive. He might as well just surrender. He came out hands over his head as iron bolts whizzed over his head before the marksdwarfs noticed he was surrendering. An abrupt twang was heard and then all was still. The Sheriff came up to “Herby” and dealt him a solid blow to the head. To “Herby” everything seemed to go black as he fell to the grounds dazed. He heard in the distance  a harsh voice yelling “Take him away.”

He woke up in a chamber facing the captain of the guard. “To your feet KNAVE” the captain screeched. The Captain went on “I have called you here to give you sentence. Normally I would order you to construct a canal to transport magma which would burn you alive AND be productive. However the public have staged protests on your behalf and in our small fortress of 150 dwarfs we cannot afford to not have the support of our people. Therefore you are to be exiled from here. Return and face being stoned. Do you understand?

“Yes sir,” Herby replied.

“You have a day to pack”

Herby rose and walked to his home. He packed his meager belongings not knowing what would happen to him in exile. When suddenly he had a thought. This was a border outpost and the people supported him. He would find a few qualified people run away to a mountain and set up a new more powerful fort, eventually coming back. The plan was fool proof. However he lacked coins. With what he had he purchased one pick, one axe, 40 bottles of booze, and some turtle meat. He now needed people to bring along with him.

Herby knew a nearby area with many trees and much vegetation where he could find herbs. He hadn’t gotten the name Herby for no reason. He needed a cook though so that the roots could be eaten. The cook he found was Inod Therlethkol.

But then imagine how mighty he could be if he could brew some of the herbs too. He would finally have enough booze to be drunk all the time. So he found a brewer who was trying to be an architect and failed collapsing a building and killing others. However had learned his faults and could do successful architecture if a bit slow at it. His name was Logem Okilzon.

How ever Herby couldn’t just go off on his own or mine. He would need a miner. He slapped himself for thinking like a fifth grader and found Zon Tekkudzat.

But He would need Someone to builds doors and tables as well as chairs. The most plentiful material was stone so then he found a mason Tun Kelirtir.

But what about beds? Those could not be made from rock. And barrels for booze? Those need wood. So Herby found a disillusioned carpenter named Cerol Oddomzas.

However the wildlife was said to be menacing and besides who would cut the wood? They needed an EAK (Emergency Ass Kicker). They found a dwarf who had recently left the military and hired him. His gruff words were “This world sucks, I’ll make it better or find the next.” He never spoke his name asking to jus be called the EAK.

Herby thought he finally had a party ready however he wanted more. Then he noticed the hour. He jumped a foot in the air(quite high for a dwarf) and ran for the entrance as the town bells tolled midnight.

Bolts crashed around his feet as marksdwarfs shot at them. Several innocent bystanders were shot but the party continued on and finally Herby and his gang were free and in the open. They head for a sheer cliff face the could see in the distance very tired and with a gigantic sigh of relief. “It will be easy from now on” remarked Herby. He couldn’t have been more wrong. Still the dwarfs walked on to their fate.

(Back Story will be filled in later and pictures will come in a slow trickle until the story catches up to the game I am currently playing. Please leave comments)

[ March 18, 2007: Message edited by: White Elephant ]

on''t think about me. It makes you easier to eat.