Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [Psycho Deer]  (Read 27348 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
"Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [Psycho Deer]
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »

You and your friends came to this planet to explore, but now you're stuck. The landing craft ran out of fuel, and the only way to get the fuel is to either contact a passing ship or make it yourself. Luckily, the microreactor on-board still works, so you should have the plans for building the infrastructure required. First, however, you must set up a base camp.

Small RTD. First time I've done this, so expect some derpiness on my part :P

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:38:14 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:44 pm »

Basic Information
Name: Nataria Candaris
Appearance: Nataria Candaris is a bit under average height. She is not in any way overweight, and is actually a bit underweight. She has brown hair and blue eyes. She is right-hand dominant. Her left arm has a simple fracture near the elbow.
Background: Nataria Candaris hated living on her planet of birth, and always desired to take to the stars. She originally planned to do this when she turned 18, but her parents kept her under lock and key because she was arranged to be married off to save the family's financial situation. As such, she was unable to escape until the night of the wedding, when she snuck away while she was supposedly going to the bathroom. She caught the first ship offworld before the authorities in the area were notified that she was missing. She temporarily used a fake name while traversing the local solar system. On her nineteenth birthday, she was gloomily celebrating it alone in a bar when she bumped into the lovable group of adventurers she would soon join.

Gear: Trauma kit, Small handgun (Energy or Projectile, whichever fits the technology of the RTD), jumpsuit.

Stats:
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 2
Willpower: 2

Skills:
Diplomacy: Born into a wealthy family, Nataria was naturally tutored on how to be incredibly polite to everyone she meets. That does not, of course, mean that she likes any of them.
Survival: Due to her having to live alone for over a year, surviving by transferring from one part of the solar system to the other, Nataria has learned basic survival skills.
Medical: While serving on the exploration vessel, Nataria slowly assumed the role of crew physician, making sure that the crew stayed healthy. She is, of course, not medically certified, but she has basic understanding of what to do when something goes horribly wrong.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »

You're in, I'll start the game as soon as a few other people sign up.

Energy handgun. I'll say they we're created a few decades ago, and have become more common than projectile weapons.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 07:31:12 pm »

Name: Jojo.
Disc: He Resembles a large (mostly) hairless Ape.
Background: he was brought on simply because no one noticed that his passport picture was of a badly drawn Yeti.
Equipment: pants, 3 energy bars, a large & long chunk of wood.

Stats:
STR: 5
INT: -5
WILL: 5

Skills
Melee combat
Lieing
Dancing
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [2/4]
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 07:41:24 pm »

You're in. I have a feeling this will lead to some very...interesting events :P
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:46:52 pm by chaotic skies »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 08:57:13 pm »

Name: Vlad the Corsair
Appearance: A man with a big bushy beard and dressed as a colonial era pirate.
Background: Vladimir was an officer on a trade ship, who had passed out after a costume party when he got clonked on the head by a heavy box. From that point on he thought he was an actual pirate from the golden age of piracy who had been transported to the future to be a space pirate. Those who know him often call him "Vlad the mad" because of his insane ramblings, but few can deny that he can back up his claims.

Gear: Red pirate coat, black tricorn hat, eyepatch, black pirate boots, pants, pistol, sword

Stats:
Intelligence: 1
Willpower: 3

Skills:
Gunmanship: He used to be a deadeye shot, and some of his muscle memory is still there.
Drinking: Few can deny his ability to hold his liquor
Enthusiasm: His boisterous attitude is hard to ignore

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 09:07:05 pm »

You're in, although I will say you can increase your stats a little if you want :P
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:14:48 pm by chaotic skies »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [3/4]
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 09:21:25 pm »

Name: Prince Alfred Reginald Stratingford
Appearance: Short, black, well-groomed hair. Upturned, beak-like nose. Criticizing eyes and sneering lips. Fit and well-fed. Walks as if he were the most important life-form on the ship.
Background: One of the many princes of the Stratingford Family. He was taught professionals, trained by ex-generals, and got his suits from a personal tailor. Now he's here: exiled by his family, on the run from his brothers, stranded on some nowhere planet, disguised in his last three-piece suit.

And then there's that damn monkey.

Gear: Three-piece suit, designer shoes, HoloWatch (Series 8000), and a $1M ballpoint pen that can work in zero-g.
Offshore: Eight-billion dollars in frozen assets.

Intelligence: 2
Willpower: 2

Skills:
Military Strategist: If only he had an army.
Determined: Nothing will stop him from regaining his title. Nothing.
Mind-Over-Matter: His Level 1 Psionic Training was going well, until his family found out.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:56:19 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 09:25:55 pm »

Looks good so far. Once it's finished, we can start.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 09:26:52 pm »

You're in, although I will say you can increase your stats a little if you want :P
I've already used 5 points, is there some sort of bonus for playing a crazy person? :P

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 09:31:04 pm »

I've already used 5 points, is there some sort of bonus for playing a crazy person? :P
No I'm just being stoopeed :P :o

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 09:44:15 pm »

Name: Rocco Coleman
Appearance: A tall man with shaved black hair, a somewhat broad and muscled frame, brown eyes. Has a bit of stubble on his chin.
Background: Rocco Coleman was a former criminal who was recently released from prison, having been arrested for armed robbery of a station store. The haste at which the plan was planned The fact that he had no plan at all is a testament to both his audacity and his lack of intellect, but Coleman was extremely difficult to take down. After surviving a few years in prison and being released, Coleman found himself forced to deal with problems he couldn't solve by pointing a gun at someone, and forced to deal with people he would have to protect from harm rather than deal damage to. Only a few know how he will perform in this new environment.

Gear: Coleman is wearing a jumpsuit, holster, fingerless gloves,and satchel. In the satchel is a pair of knuckledusters, a small energy pistol.

Stats:
Strength: 3
Intelligence: -1
Willpower: 3

Skills:
Melee (Especially fists and guns): Coleman knows the age-old art of brawling from many many fight's worth of experience. He's especially good at punching and using guns as clubs.
Dodge: In addition to being tough, Coleman is able to dodge attacks with much less effort than the average person.
Gun: Coleman is able to shoot and reliably hit a human-sized target at roughly fourty to fifty meters.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 10:01:11 pm »

You're both in. Give me some time to write up a beginning, and we're ready to go.

Edit: And so it begins :P

You just landed the landing craft, and then the damn thing had to run out of fuel. Luckily, the landing craft has plans for a communicator and a fuel refinery, so you will get off this planet one way or another, but for now you're stuck here.

An initial survey through the sensors shows the air on this planet is breatheable. There appears to be some life-forms around the ship, not unexpected on a habitable planet like this.

Looking through the windows reveal there's a small lake nearby, and a forest in the other direction. In the distance there's a mountain, but that will take some hiking to get to. The area around the craft is a flat field, mostly undisturbed, except for a few plants here and there.

The only thing left to do is see what's on the craft, and open the door.

You guys can start doing stuff now. Yelling at each other, being productive, attempting to nuke the world from space with magical abilities (No.), etc.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:37:06 pm by chaotic skies »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [5/4][:3]
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 11:22:36 pm »

I get out and attempt to punch down a tree like I saw in this old video game from like 2011.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [5/4][:3]
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »

Facepalm hard and slam my hands into my knees in anger (not that hard, of course).

Then prepare my stuff to get off of this chunk of metal.

"Whose job was it to check the fuel?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27