Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [Psycho Deer]  (Read 27270 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [5/4][:3]
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 06:07:44 pm »

And Another Punch, No Stupid Plant is going to out fight me!

((What a fun tale this is gonna be. TIMBERRRRRR!))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 06:35:27 pm »

See if we have food. Also, check if we have any useful equipment that wasn't broken in the crash. Also, drink a mug of rum.

"Good news, me hardies! The rum is safe! A round for everyone!"

Don't know what you guys have all that rum for. Probably could use it for something though :P

Also, tell me if I did something stupid. I tend to do that...
((What good pirate would be caught drinking water? Also, normally 2 is supposed to be a failure, and 6 usually has negative consequences in the RTD format, but you're DM so you can play it how you want))

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2016, 07:01:44 pm »

See if we have food. Also, check if we have any useful equipment that wasn't broken in the crash. Also, drink a mug of rum.

"Good news, me hardies! The rum is safe! A round for everyone!"

Don't know what you guys have all that rum for. Probably could use it for something though :P

Also, tell me if I did something stupid. I tend to do that...
((What good pirate would be caught drinking water? Also, normally 2 is supposed to be a failure, and 6 usually has negative consequences in the RTD format, but you're DM so you can play it how you want))

((I think a 6 in RTD is overkill. At any rate, if we have that much rum, I'm not sure there's a lot of space left for things like food or equipment.))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2016, 08:43:15 pm »

<<That's the idea; you went a little overkill with the amount of rum you brought, so you don't have much room for food and equipment.>>

<<As for the 15 pounds of food, that needs some more problems coming with it. Time to fix that >:-]>>
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:51:45 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »

"Stop, you idiotic brute! If you damage yourself enough then I can't help you! Why don't you come over here and let me treat you?"

If the injured crewman comes over to me, mend his fists up using gauze from my trauma-kit. If he does not, then continue gathering tall grass, but add piles of small sticks and leaves.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:18:57 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:31 pm »

"Natara's right you know. Even I'm not foolhardy enough to punch down a tree. Given your luck, the damn thing might fall on you or something super dangerous."

Try to see if I can find a way to get Jojo to stop punching the tree.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2016, 10:20:14 pm »

Do we have communicators or something? Kinda curious whether I'm supposed to actually be able to talk to everyone despite being inside the ship while they're outside... Also, whether we'll be able to keep in touch when we inevitably spread out to search the area :P

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2016, 11:25:23 pm »

I'm watching over Natara and Jojo, so I think I'm within at least shouting distance if not closer.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 11:38:14 pm »

You've got short-range communicators, so you should be able to talk to each other, but if someone's on the other side of the planet, good luck talking to them :P

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2016, 05:25:41 pm »

"Is there any chance we can rig the ship's scanning equipment to run on... I dunno, battery power? I'd love to get any idea of the topography of the surrounding region."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2016, 06:57:06 pm »

"When did we start carrying a topographer on our dinghy? Coulda sworn we left the good scanner on our real ship."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 07:55:05 pm »

"Hey, I don't run ship maintenance. I don't know what we have... on... board... Wait, only our landing pod ran out of fuel, right? Is there any way we could remotely access our vessel in orbit to have it perform a scan from down here? If we can do that, I'd bet we could do a hell of a lot more, too."

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 09:01:10 pm »

You have some access to the ship. If anyone ever put an AI on the ship, or want to spend the large amount of time to required to put one on if you didn't, you'd have full access to the ship, although it could be risky. The AI might "misinterpret" you, or decide to leave, you never know
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:13:01 pm by chaotic skies »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 11:54:26 am »

"You could try to call the metal wench, but I had fancy-pants lock her in the brig for trying to tell me how to run me ship!"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 02:59:34 pm »

"You locked our ship's Artificial Intelligence away for trying to assist you in piloting our ship, when her primary objective was PILOTING OUR SHIP? AAAARGH!

You're not very smart, Captain. Maybe we should put someone more considerate and intelligent in charge.
"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27