Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature raw file questions  (Read 3405 times)

Lightfoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creature raw file questions
« on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »

I'm an enthusiastic noob, so forgive me if I'm making a total idiot out of myself here, but I have some questions regarding creature raw files. I started editing the wiki recently and unless I'm completely wrong (It does happen from time to time), the wiki reads directly from the creature raw files in order to get the data for features such as the ASCII tile, creature sizes, etc. One of the recent updates added a whole load of new creatures, mainly giant and humanoid variations of existing ones. I noticed that the raw files don't seem to have been updated. For example, the entry for Black bear is looking fine, but the entry that someone else added for Giant black bear is unable to display all the data.

I'm looking to create the entries (Especially regarding butchery data, which don't seem to come from the raws) for some of the new creatures so I'm just wondering what the situation is. Are the raw files on the wiki something that we can update ourselves or do they need to be changed by the server admins? If they can only be changed by the admins (Which would be understandable), should I just start creating the entries for the new creatures so that the data can all be retrieved as soon as the raw files are updated? Thanks in advance. :)

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature raw file questions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:11:42 am »

See here:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Dwarf_Fortress_Wiki:Page_request/List

>The admins have bots that can create the pages automatically. Part of the hold-up is that the wiki's raws haven't been updated, so new creature pages aren't able to "autofill" with the appropriate details from the raws (and we prefer not to enter all that information manually).--Loci (talk) 20:38, 20 January 2016 (UTC)

So it seems you need to wait for the wiki to update. I assume you could PM Loci for more information.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Lightfoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature raw file questions
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 06:00:57 pm »

Okie dokie. Thanks for the heads up. I shall carry on accumulating butchery data as I await the wiki update.