Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs stopped gathering wood  (Read 2070 times)

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfs stopped gathering wood
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:29:09 pm »

I have a wood stockpile, and they were gathering it in the past. Now I have 20 idlers and a bunch of wood outside. They are not gathering it despite lots of space in the stockpile and even pieces of that particular type of wood (highwood) in that stockpile. Anyone know why?

And they were even gathering dead animals (for butchering) and spent bolts from outside.

Wood is NOT forbidden or dumped.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs stopped gathering wood
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:51:51 am »

What about your standing orders? I accidently forbid some kind of hauling far too often by sloppy typing.

Or do you have a wheelbarrow assigned to that pile? That limits the hauling jobs and would explain that a few pieces did arrive, just slower than expexted.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 04:31:30 pm »

What about your standing orders? I accidently forbid some kind of hauling far too often by sloppy typing.

Or do you have a wheelbarrow assigned to that pile? That limits the hauling jobs and would explain that a few pieces did arrive, just slower than expexted.
None of the above. They were hand-carrying the wood en-masse with everyone chipping in and it's like the pieces left outside now were always invisible to them.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:49:46 pm »

They all started hauling the moment I walled off the caverns.  :o

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 06:32:46 am »

They all started hauling the moment I walled off the caverns.  :o

Before you walled off the caverns, were the idlers forbidden from venturing into the caverns by burrows restrictions? And were you getting a lot of "Urist McHauler cancels store item in stockpile: item inaccessible" spam? If so, the problem was probably logs in the caverns being the items chosen to be hauled to the stockpile.